• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I think it's funny how everyone is like "Stupid America, thinking Europe is trash".

Isn't that a bit... preemptive? I mean, sure, Armada is a ****ing beast, but that is in no way indicative of Europe's total skill level.
Yeah, Europe isnt that great at Melee. Sure, they have a couple good pros but that's about it, the average player there would get destroyed by the average smasher down in the US.

Edit: okay, they're not BAD but it's really ignorant for some of them to think they're the best.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Totally off topic but i want to host a small brawl tourney/get together sometime in the future(after Adat2 unfortunately) many of you don`t know this but I work for the city as a student page at Lois Hole Library. we are trying to increase the number of teens who come to the library. I suggested a Super smash bros tourney and they said it was a good idea and that I could do it. We could get the venue for free AND i`d have a small budget to run the event(which means i could probably feed you guys with pizza or something within the budget). the room we`d do it in is separate from the main library area and has many power outlets as well a a projector set up to display the brackets and stuff. My question is would you guys be up for a mini tourney, friendlies, or not at all. The only 2 problems I can see with my plan are the following:
1. Library may not approve of 4 money tourney of cash changing hands but we can do that in secret if it is an issue. They also said part of the budget could go towards a prize for first place :) (gift certificate or something reasonable)
2. Kids other than the hardcore smash sceen may show up and want to play, my idea was to have a setup or 2 dedicated to them which would constantly run FFA`s with items and all levels allowed to keep them happy. I doubt it would be a large amount. Any of them who think they are good might even be conned into entering the tourney :) no jk I`m not allowed to facilitate robbery on that sort of scale.
My last crazy idea was to allow the noobs to enter the tourney without paying(heresy) and allow them to qualify for the library prize but not the cash prize which will be paid/collected for under the table This would help flush out the bracket/pools and give everyone some noobs to beat on. If you actually happen to get knocked out by these kids its honestly your own fault.
Sooooooooooo would anyone actually be interested in this? We`d need to have you guys bring some setups cause the library only has 1 setup(and i`d have to play it and unlock all the levels/chars for it) and my own setup. I dont need confirmation yet because a date hasn`t been chosen yet but I do need to hear if there`d be any interest in this event. You can PM me or just post here.

Edit 1 Except for the TV`s running setups to keep the noobs happy all the standard rules would apply(see Adat 2 thread)

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Free venue annnnnnnnnnnnnd an operating budget annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd prizes from library(good ones like WEM gift certificates)

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
yea that sounds like a great idea Fraser.

the whole 'enter for free' idea for non smashers seems awesome but it might be a little hard to neatly organize. still I like it.

edit: also how much time would you have to run things?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hmm.. if melee doubles is starting at 1pm on friday for adat2, then that means i wont be able to make it. i got school till 3pm on fridays.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i actually want to be there for just doubles.. but i COULD go down there for friendlies.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Armada and mango = best. In america some people can keep up with mango. In europe some people can keep up with armada. Therefore it's stupid to say america > than europe by a significant amount.

P.S. I was part of the Armada bandwagon for a really long time lol.
The therefore you used there does not relate to the previous statements AT ALL. "Europe is europe and the states is the states, THEREFORE europe = the states"

Seriously Luke. You're doing stupid.

Fox's upB is shorter, his usmash is weaker, but his uair is stronger.
Marth's dair is a meteor smash.
Falco's dair is like his dair in brawl.
Shiek's throws work differently

etc. etc.
Basically all the top tier characters are ****ed with.

Yeah, Europe isnt that great at Melee. Sure, they have a couple good pros but that's about it, the average player there would get destroyed by the average smasher down in the US.

Edit: okay, they're not BAD but it's really ignorant for some of them to think they're the best.
blah blah blah, although it's true, thats the point they're trying to make, dont say it.

You talk as if you're good at Melee.

usa meatriding timez
He always talks like that, but shut up, what he said he can actually get away with saying no matter how good he is cause it's not him hes talking about

Yum. American beef.

I don't know =(

And Fraaaserrr, by after adat2 I hope you don't mean like, Animethon weekend, thats after adat2 =(
Pics or you're not a girl. =] (you coming to Adat2?)

Animethon isn't the week after is it? Darn. I was hoping Chris was doing his thing then...

i actually want to be there for just doubles.. but i COULD go down there for friendlies.

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad you're doing stupid. Re read my post and learn to understand simple logic. If armada can go even with mango and european players can keep up with armada just as well as american players can keep up with Mango, then that means the skill difference is not that big at all. It's such a simple concept, yet I am not surprised you didn't get it.

To make it even simpler:

If A = B
and B = C
Does A = C?

Answer brad?

Although logic cannot fully determine how well europe would do against USA, it does however give us a good ENOUGH idea of the results.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
=]

No, it means different people play differently, and europeans use a different version aswell so character matchups play differently.

Even with Armada =/= even with Mango.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Realisticly it doesnt relate because it's under it's own circumstances, sorry I didn't explain.

also that second part you edited in after my post so you cant say my realism post is invalid.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
yea that sounds like a great idea Fraser.

the whole 'enter for free' idea for non smashers seems awesome but it might be a little hard to neatly organize. still I like it.

edit: also how much time would you have to run things?
ehhhhh it depends. The library is only open from 10 to 6 on saturdays and fridays 10 to 9 mon - thurs and 1-5 on sundays. i hope i can convince my boss to let me do it during the summer because then we could go all day. We(t3h libraries) were thinking in November but during the summer would probably work for most people. I suppose that`s another problem. They days that give us the most time to play(mon-thurs) are probably the worst for work schedules. Unless you guys think we could get through singles and friend;ies in 8 hours. Start singles(no pools not enough time unfortunately) at 3 on a saturday. Doubles at noon. Lots of friendlies throughout.

Edit Also i`d be getting paid to run a SSB`s tourney how cool is that :) It will probably only be brawl for the tourney(to keep the noobs interested) but friendlies could be melee.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
like probably i can garentee none of them know how to DI and infinites are only allowed up to 200% Even if your fighting a noob and it is an escapable move you still have to stop kill them at 200% I call it.... the mercy rule(PETA Approved) Plus to take them anywhere you`d have to lose. Something which would stain your reputation forever(see Adat2 thread Fraser vs Victra MM)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
^lol lol xD

I don't know =(

And Fraaaserrr, by after adat2 I hope you don't mean like, Animethon weekend, thats after adat2 =(
Aish, I never met you at TS3, but I feel bad for you coming from Alberta for brawl and having to deal with BC's fail brawl scene. On Behalf of BC, I apologize.

In case you didn't know I was that obnoxious melee player who shouted brawl sucks on sunday with a bunch of other melee players and meta told me to stfu

soz : (

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
bread said:
He always talks like that, but shut up, what he said he can actually get away with saying no matter how good he is cause it's not him hes talking about
He has anything but a right- to call Europe bad. He's basing his argument off of pure assumption.

I mean even if you were right, you clearly described the downright description of a scrub(No offense to Tyler), so if anything you just hurt your point and put him in an even worse position than he already is.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Pics or you're not a girl. =] (you coming to Adat2?)

Animethon isn't the week after is it? Darn. I was hoping Chris was doing his thing then...

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Yes I be going to adat2 D8
Week after adat2 is my brawl monthly, week after that is Animethon 8D week after animethon Fraser!!! Week after week of smash...lol 8D

Speaking of Animethon anyone want to join me in cosplay attire 8D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's ok yakal you did the right thing.

Also I love you Fraser, don't worry you lost to the best ganondorf on the world. I hear the other ganons only grasp gently so.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Aish, I never met you at TS3, but I feel bad for you coming from Alberta for brawl and having to deal with BC's fail brawl scene. On Behalf of BC, I apologize.

In case you didn't know I was that obnoxious melee player who shouted brawl sucks on sunday with a bunch of other melee players and meta told me to stfu

soz : (
Alberta's brawl scene is worse lololol

He has anything but a right- to call Europe bad. He's basing his argument off of pure assumption.

I mean even if you were right, you clearly described the downright description of a scrub(No offense to Tyler), so if anything you just hurt your point and put him in an even worse position than he already is.
No I'm not saying what he said was right, but I'm saying he wasn't saying anything out of line in terms of him being a scrub, everythin he said was valid in terms of he's not saying He's greater than europe.

Yes I be going to adat2 D8
Week after adat2 is my brawl monthly, week after that is Animethon 8D week after animethon Fraser!!! Week after week of smash...lol 8D

Speaking of Animethon anyone want to join me in cosplay attire 8D
Wow, nice, I've got nothing but nothing for years on end over here.

So, are you actually good at smash?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
bread said:
No I'm not saying what he said was right, but I'm saying he wasn't saying anything out of line in terms of him being a scrub, everythin he said was valid in terms of he's not saying He's greater than europe.
Usa is worse than Europe.

There I said it, totally valid by bread logic.

oh but don't worry usa still owns me they just get owned by europe

hurrrdahhhdurrr

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm there for you yakal.

Yeah Vania is pretty good. It's brawl though so I donno how to judge that game very well.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Usa is worse than Europe.

There I said it, totally valid by bread logic.

oh but don't worry usa still owns me they just get owned by europe

hurrrdahhhdurrr
Why does everyone argue, and have to be so mean about it.

I honestly don't like argueing, yet I am ALWAYS the one involved. It's very depressing because I am a vivid hater of everyone personality pretty much.

What I was saying (and it applies to yours) is you are valid to say it, regardless of how good you are, you'd get owned by both, but you can still say one would own the other, given it's an opinion, Or if you're right.

Durp, if that doesnt make sense I don't know what will.

nooooooo, okay then i guess it's just me and vivi at animethon? lol
Vivi.

edit: So who's picked what for Club Nintendo Rewards, (lol)

Did you pick the first thing I told you all it would be, or the second thing I told you all it would be. Or the silly Punch out thing that people who own punch out are getting ripped off with, and people who dont own it dont care about.

I chose the second thing I told you guys it would be 80 years ago.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Opinion is fine and dandy, but it's horrible and selfish when you make it out to be that Europe is bad at melee, let alone a contender.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Guys guys guys, it's almost adat2 let's not start any fights. The only way to solve them is to do some old fashion money matches.

*doesn'tknowwhatthedramaisabout*

Top Bottom