• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Snake6523

Smash Ace
He gets owned a lot =|

The Bargainer 2: Tyson Returns.

MurdaMoe, my facebook is brad jones.

Or if you use user names it's kithkin. (i think), we could talk there, even though you probably picked the worst place to want to brawl in (LoLololololol)

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Brad unless you haven't noticed more people play brawl now than melee.
^ this.

Did everyone seriously forget the difference in the events at ADAT1? And this year even more new people are crawling out from who knows where.

Oh LUKE, will there be chips again? Chips were boss last year.

You two are idiots, hes in CALGARY.

I'm not even argueing this one.

if we tried to make a tourney here, what would attendence be?
ADAT2 will have a good tournout.

In calgary? if we hosted a mini thing... I couldn't even tell you, I don't thing it would be much of a tourney per say.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
There are probably 3 people we know of that play brawl in Calgary. We'd have a better chance putting up ads at EB Games than making a post on smashboards about it.

edit: 3 people would show up. and I wouldn't host it

Snake6523

Smash Ace
The three are Me, Kevin and Alex I'm assuming?

I dunno, it's weird.

edit: theyrealize Final Fantasy isn't really nintendo directly right?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brad unless you haven't noticed more people play brawl now than melee.
^ this.

Did everyone seriously forget the difference in the events at ADAT1? And this year even more new people are crawling out from who knows where.

Oh LUKE, will there be chips again? Chips were boss last year.
lol you guys hang out way too much in Edmonton. The only reason ADAT1 had more brawlers than melee players is because it was a few months after the release when pretty much everyone played. (ie: Carl, Brad, Mike, etc.)

All the brawlers of Alberta are all in Edmonton, and I guess Fort Sask. Red Deer has none -I'm the closest thing to it. And Calgary has Alex.

Oh well though, it's going to be pointless to count it anyways cause I know most of us Red Deer guys, and (i think) some of the Calgary guys are joining Brawl for ****s and giggles, and I know the reverse is true too.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
K guys more news about my mini tourney, some good some bad. First the good: The date has been confirmed for Saturday November 21. Now the bad news. We have a strict timelimit of 2-3 hours depending on how much I can harrasss my boss. So are you guys still down for it we can only do singles brackets and some friendlies? I'll get a tournament thread up and running soon here.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
K guys more news about my mini tourney, some good some bad. First the good: The date has been confirmed for Saturday November 21. Now the bad news. We have a strict timelimit of 2-3 hours depending on how much I can harrasss my boss. So are you guys still down for it we can only do singles brackets and some friendlies? I'll get a tournament thread up and running soon here.
Is this melee? No offence, but 2-3 hours is less than a smashfest hosted by someone D:

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
when's your tournament again luke? If you want I'll bring brawl+ and if you really want I'll drag along my weird DVD recorder setup so we can actually get some vids up. (Not just of brawl+, of course.)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
when's your tournament again luke? If you want I'll bring brawl+ and if you really want I'll drag along my weird DVD recorder setup so we can actually get some vids up. (Not just of brawl+, of course.)
July 24th/25th. Look in tournament listings. Yeah bring brawl+

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Bring that recorder, we're gonna need it.

Edit: Matt, can you host Melee this weekend? I remember you couldn't a while back or something but I'm not going back dozens of pages to find that post lol.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Bring that recorder, we're gonna need it.

Edit: Matt, can you host Melee this weekend? I remember you couldn't a while back or something but I'm not going back dozens of pages to find that post lol.
Maybe, depending on how things turn out.

It's the weekend so the relatives that are staying over will probably go out the whole day (maybe Cap Ex). If they do, I'll see if I can host but it's too early to say. I'll talk with the folks when I get home and we'll see what's up. I'm probably going to work as well so if I host it won't be till around 4 o'clock (Saturday).

Anyways, everyone should watch Mango vs. Cactuar Genesis friendlies. Mango's Falco is ridiculous.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Yeah I saw it, love how creative that Falco is.

Also from HugS blog on AiB:

Mango is the greatest champion in the history of Smash.

Just a few quotes which I really enjoyed:

He plays this game for the right reasons. He plays for himself and for his people. That's it. He plays for his region, he plays for his coast, he plays for his country, and he plays for his friends.
And as the blog description implies, perhaps this is the reason why Mango has managed to stay on top for so long. Mango plays for the type of things that keep a man driven much longer than money really could.
Good read.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
So I've been contemplating retiring from Smash, but idk we'll see. :p
I lol'd. You might as well just play recreationally OH WAIT THATS WHAT IM HERE FOR ANYWAYS =]

Quitting is for losers.

inb4 mango fights for his friends.
GD Luke, for once you've got it.

I wanted to say it so hard.

Calgarys smash scene makes me sad :[
I know =[

Yo yo yoyo yo.

Where did all these new people come from? Anyhow, welcome!

I'm at Mike's house. All alone :(
I LOVE YOU SID

It makes everybody sad except for Calgary people themselves. Ask Bread
It's true, we don't care one bit lol. I wouldn't mind more smashers but hell, LevixxAlex is a great time.

If you have a car, you could always drive up to Red Deer. =)
**** YOU THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

Top Bottom