• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Actually I used to play a lot of SF3 and I got pretty good at it, but other than that I just play SC/smash. I'll probably buy blazblue just for the fun of it and to have another game to beat Matt at.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
All Dpads are inferior to sticks. If you aren't playing on a stick, well, you're a n00b.

PS get a Hori. Everything else just isn't as good.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't you still have your xbox Connor?

And all the hype is pretty much you Brad. most anyways =P

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah Brad successfully hyped this game. Even I am interested in it now >_>. I'll probably get a stick and that way I could transfer from each console easily and play you brad (as long as you have one for xbox for me).

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Transfering isn't even that big a deal IMO from Ps3 to Xbob, frankly the Dpads feel a little different, but the controls are the same (and can be modified).

And the game is generally easy not to suck at.

But getting a stick is pro, I would if I wasnt poor.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh what? You didn't accept my MM? Oh what? You're scared? Oh what? You know you won because I was extremely rusty and I just came from playing in a brawl tournament? Oh what?

MM?

ppig

Smash Journeyman
no i dont have my xbox anymore i gave it away to my father for his birthday also got him a year of xbox live :p

Yoshara

Smash Lord
BlazBlue is out already?! Crap, I only have enough money to rent it. At least I have three options for renting it, but Blockbuster probably didn't even order any copies, same with Rogers, and I owe about 50 dollars at The Movie Studio.

Frio

Smash Champion
BlazBlue is out already?! Crap, I only have enough money to rent it. At least I have three options for renting it, but Blockbuster probably didn't even order any copies, same with Rogers, and I owe about 50 dollars at The Movie Studio.
The only store I've seen it at was EB Games

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Oh what? You didn't accept my MM? Oh what? You're scared? Oh what? You know you won because I was extremely rusty and I just came from playing in a brawl tournament? Oh what?

MM?
lol yeah your fox was insanely bad in our fox ditto but I'm pretty sure that was because you just got off playing brawl.

MM $100 @ ADAT2 for sure.

but not really, i'm not that rich $5

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Luke, you are the biggest ******* of all ever. Seriously. Whenever you say something remotely stupid, if they don't reply back being hurt, and they defend themselves you just get super pissed and insulting you ***.

Apparently it's not even out yet.

Even though it was released on the 30th last month

edit: Speaking of mods... do they even exist here anymore? HEEELLLOOOOOOO

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Brad.

And lmfao Matt, I thought you were serious with the $100 MM. I can sense that this is going to be a pretty hyped up MM for adat2 son.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Transfering isn't even that big a deal IMO from Ps3 to Xbob, frankly the Dpads feel a little different, but the controls are the same (and can be modified).

And the game is generally easy not to suck at.

But getting a stick is pro, I would if I wasnt poor.
Transferring from PS3 to Xbox is killer for shooter games. The triggers on the Ps3 are about as responsive as giant marshmallows. its honestly like having to press down a pair of angry kirby's every time you want to fire. Highly inconvenient and a lot slower for single fire weapons. I do mostly play shooters on my box so that's just my opinion. Also the 360's sticks are concave which keeps your thumbs firmly in place. Very useful for snap shooting/sweeping. Ps3's sticks are convex aka designed to make your sweaty grease stained thumbs slip off them at crucial moments in the game. They also don't have any grip on them which just compounds the problem.

Edit: The 360's Dpad is probably the worst one ever invented by mankind. It is just a terrible idea. The "inbetween buttons" tend to trigger the ones on either side which makes quick and easy weapon changing(that's what it's used for in most games) an issue.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
PS3 controller is worse in every way compared to the 360 controller except for the dpad. I agree with Fraser, the dpad on the 360 is just ****ing horrible, it doesn't EVER ****ing work or register for me, every time I press a direction, it chooses another. Seriously, it's total ****. I don't get why they didn't just do an x-shaped dpad like the GameCube one (IMO the GameCube had the best dpad), instead they put some slippery, circle-shaped BS that doesn't work. I dunno, I have a launch 360 and I've never changed my controller so it's like three and a half years old, maybe the new ones are better or something, but as far as I know, mine sucks.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Mouse & Keyboard>Xbox 360 Controller>Gamecube Controller>PS3 Controller

Oh god the D-Pad on the 360 sucks major. The PS3 has the best D-Pad in my opinion even though I like never use it.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I always hated the PS2 controller. I always felt that it was okay compared to the GC controller but I hated how the left stick was so low and how the "legs" of the controller were so short. They left most of my hand just hanging on to nothing and it felt like I was holding the whole controller with just the tip of my fingers lol

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Luke: GBBL is friday the 10th 4-12pm at the parkview community league don't forget. Bring 20$ for entrance
fee. (There's also gonna be Halo, CSS, Tf2, Starcraft and AoE2 if you're interested. all the individual tourney's are free to enter.)

Also is matt matt harper whom i know? because if he's better than me at smash now then i'll have to go cut myself in a corner. a dusty, allergy causing corner, the worst kind of corner.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah I'll come if just for a little bit to play some smash and to **** kids at SC. Yes that is Matt, and he doesn't play smash.

EDIT: Should I bring anything other than my controller?

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'll come if just for a little bit to play some smash and to **** kids at SC. Yes that is Matt, and he doesn't play smash.

EDIT: Should I bring anything other than my controller?
Bring some lubricant for the kids who you play in Starcraft.

You should try CS:S, too. It's really easy. Spray and pray and you win.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
So uh, guys stop talking about controllers, it'll take like 8 pages to even remotely go in depth on controller quality.

All I can say is plain ranking for overall Gamecube>Wii>360>Ps3. And theres no arguement there, we're talking overall, which includes durability and functionality and overall usage, but we could take the wii out, basically stop talking about controllers.

Also No luke, you're an ***, trust me, I know

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Man I just smashed so much today with the guys. I'm so dead. xD

We recorded some vids so it'll be uploaded soonish maybe. O:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so i started playing starcraft brood war..

EC US

ThaStos

I know some of you guys plays SC

Top Bottom