• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Well I might be able to make it earlier, but I figured overnight is cool.

The problem is, any earlier and "I" might not be able to make it.

I won't know till the day of.

Generally speaking my dad usually works till 3. He has to see if he can get the day off.

Ohh and Tyler can you bring your Xbox? it shouldnt be too hard since you're a 50, and you get traveling priveledges at 43.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
ITT nobody cares about WCC BPR

(if the B stands for brawl it sux anyways lol)

edit: God****, the only thing I noticed about that video, is the beginning talking about what the brain is, and how it gives orders and the diagram has a tie in it for some reason.

Then some ginger jumps and you can see his dong bounce.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
THIS JUST IN IMPORTANT NEWS

I think I can come as early as maybe 3 for friday now, so if you all want Breadoshi- to not be so late, it's a (not)probable chance(sid has rehersal till 5), my mom just has to confirm her holiday day then

BREAD OSHIII
c wat i did thar
TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

WHEN & WHERE?

Friday, July 3 @ 6:00 pm
(This could potentially change to Sunday, July 5 @ 10:00 am. Potentially. If there's a larger potential turnout on Sunday [and if Brad can stay until Sunday] then I'll change it. But for now, it's set for Friday)

10808 18 ave NW, Edmonton Alberta Canada.

WHAT?

Melee

EVENTS:
Melee singles $2 ***BUDGET PRICE***
Melee doubles $4/team ***DO TEAMS*** Really...

Why entry fees? So there can be a prize. I don't intend this to be a super serious event. If that were the case, I'd have a larger venue rented out or something. This is still a tourney though, so... yeah, entry fees. Also, Brad gets $0.50 off for both entry fees.

Bring setups! They won't get you a Brad discount, but I will love and admire you from ages unto ages if you do. And you want that.

Also, why is it so late? Cause that's when Brad gets here. Oops. But feel free to stay overnight. As long as you're gone by noon the next day, I'm happy. I have rehearsals all next day, so... yeah.

There will be food too. I don't know what, but it'll be there.

THE SCHEDULE
Friday July 3/09

Doubles Registration/Friendlies 6:00pm
Doubles 6:30 - 8:00pm
Singles Registration/Friendlies 8:00pm
Singles 8:30pm - whenever

Mad friendlies afterwards. Everyone should have at least one set with everyone else. I don't want to see any "omg ur kewl but we nevah really playd eachother." None of those shenanigans.

Also, I'll have someone a Sheik vs Sheik MM. $2. FD. It wouldn't be a Bread event without Brad combos.

The full bracket will be available for participant view at all times. Please make good use of this and check often to see your position and upcoming matches. Make sure you report your matches as well.

I have 3 screens here. One is great, and the other two are lackluster. Bring a TV if you can. I have two setups as well. I will need one extra.

THE RULES

ALLOWED/RANDOM STAGES:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (except for Doubles)

COUNTERPICKS:
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (except for Doubles)
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom 2

BANNED:
Everything else.

FORMAT:
-Double elimination bracket.
-4 Stock.
-No items.
-8 Minute time limit.
-Matches are best of 3 games, except for winners bracket final, losers bracket final, and grand finals which are best of 5.
-First game is on random stage, unless players come to a consensus within the allowed stages.
-Double blind pick may be called by either player/team during any first game of any set (a third party will be told each competitor's character selection) to avoid counter-picking
-Advanced slob picks
-Dave's stupid rule. Daves stupid rule does not apply in best of 5 situations during the winners finals, losers finals, and championship match.
-Pausing other than in the event of an emergency or by accident (at opponent's discretion) will result in a loss for that particular game.

Doubles rules same as above, as well as:
-Team attack ON
-SHARE STOCK allowed

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I don't have very many, and they're not the greatest controllers. If you can't bring one (or forget), then borrow someone else's.

PRIZES

All event prizes will be distributed as follows:

First place - 60% of pot
Second place - 30% of pot
Third place - 10% of pot

Say we get 16 participants for singles.

$31.50 pot
1st - $18.90 prize
2nd - $9.45 prize
3rd - $3.15 prize

See you all there.

On that note: Sid, contact me so we can discuss details of the trip and the event. I will hopefully have my time of arrival confirmed by tomorrow.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well I might be able to make it earlier, but I figured overnight is cool.

The problem is, any earlier and "I" might not be able to make it.

I won't know till the day of.

Generally speaking my dad usually works till 3. He has to see if he can get the day off.

Ohh and Tyler can you bring your Xbox? it shouldnt be too hard since you're a 50, and you get traveling priveledges at 43.
Mmm, I'll try and show up despite the time, maybe I'll show up a bit earlier for some friendlies with you or something.

I dunno if I can bring my Xbox lol, can you bring yours (if you even have one)? If not, I'll try and bring mine. I'll MM you at Halo for any amount of money up to $50 cause I'd start feeling bad for you after that :)

/trashtalk

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
lol I suck at Halo, we've been over this. How about a real game that actually has competitive value if we're gonna MM. lol Halotalk.

I have one but I defs can't bring it =[

I only want it for Blazblue really at sids.

Also, read the post above yours lol, I might be able to make it earlier, it was originally only at 6 since I couldnt come earlier, but now we might be able to make it start at 3, therefore more people can show.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Just droppin' by to say what up Alberta!

I wonder if I'll ever get to meet you guys.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235344

Btw Brad, I don't think I can make it on Friday anymore, apparently it's my grandma's birthday and I'm forced to go. If it's earlier (like around 3 as you said earlier), then I might be able to make it, but I can't otherwise. soz.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Halo, but I have no clue what the **** a 50 is.

Also, I plan to make it earlier, for everyones conveinience, I should know by tomorrow

(ALSO **** PEOPLE SERIOUSLY AT LEAST LET SID KNOW IF YOU CAN COME SO WE KNOW, srsly, I don't even know if anyones coming or if changing the time helps nobody ever says anything)

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
hes asking what playlist he has a 50 in, anyone can get a 50 in Team Slayer but a 50 in mlg is more impressive. Im pretty good at halo.. been to amp ottawa, mlg dallas, and mlg toronto, on a couple dif teams, i havent played in a looong time though because the game just got kinda boring.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
**** 50's.

Hey what do you think'll happen if I post a thread called "Does anyone else notice how much Smashboards Sucks?"

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I can't amke it to sid's. You'll get infracted and the thread will be closed or possibly deleted. ust because everyone is that pleasant here.

Report this post

edit: what's this I hear about Calgary vs Red DEer?
edit2: or rather read about in the adat2 trhread? I dun want a higher post count

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Levi you knew about the crew battle, we talked about it at Alex's. Calm your jets.

Adbi you're team africa.

protip: Levi get 5 posts.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Doble post for importance: Wait lol Sid has rehersal till 5.

Edit: By the way boyos, I have a ton of extra controllers (not even opened, But not official Nintendo ones.) That I was able to bargain out, and I'm willing to sell some to you guys if you want, They're what a lot of people in the states use (including minnesota) the only thing I'm not sure of is how long they live, Because I've yet to wear one entirely out.

For general stat purposes the L/R tend to wear out the quickest.

I have tons (like 6) in mint condition, if anyone wants to make an offer I am willing to bring soem up to edmonton and sell. (I also have a variety of colours, (Silver, White, Black, Purple, Orange...) And NO they cannot be modded with real nintendo controllers (actually thats not true, they can be but I wouldn't say it's worth mixing and matching since the only parts you'd want are the sticks which you can't trade))

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
hes asking what playlist he has a 50 in, anyone can get a 50 in Team Slayer but a 50 in mlg is more impressive. Im pretty good at halo.. been to amp ottawa, mlg dallas, and mlg toronto, on a couple dif teams, i havent played in a looong time though because the game just got kinda boring.
It's DEFINITELY the other way around nowadays, the only people who have 50's in Team Slayer are those who are able to survive all of Bungie's gayness and still do well, all you need in MLG is a really bad connection or a really good connection and / or getting carried and / or hoping that your opponents disconnect (which is about 90 % of the time) and you get a 50. Which explains why I checked midgame in Team Slayer and I had like 12 kills and Kyle had like 5 or something. >_>

P.S. Yoshara: Kyle admitted I'm better than him. :) But Kyle's still good. He just leaves too often. :(

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
wait is 50 just a term for your ranking, like I remember they had those stupid stars or symbols to rank you or whatever, and if so, they the rank is entierly bull****, it's mostly luck on games.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
IMO if there were crews it'd be Edmonton > Calgary > Red Deer

I only say this because I actually haven't played against anyone from Calgary (aside from Taylor at CAST4 and Mario dittos (lol?) against Levi). And isn't Calgary dead in terms of Smash anyways?

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Yeah, but calgary's still very dead. We try, but we're dead.

Also Matt, I'm surprised you say thats IYO, because theres no way anyone should think otherwise.

Look at our basic skill levels, (just picking SOME people, not all)

Carl, Mike, Dan, Sid, You, (whoever else is pretty good) For edmonton.

Levi, Me, Alex, David.

Victor, Sean, Connor, Brent

And heres how it plays out, our best, can match up/slightly beat the lowest of edmonton (being you, sid, and MAAAYBBE Dan) But of course Carl and Mike we could never beat cleanly.

Same with Red Deer, Victor could probably go steady with David, and a few other calgary guys. But frankly, Levi has red deer boned.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
Brad's views do not fully represent those of Calgary. I think bread will do best in crews out of calgary. Is there only crews between red deer & calgary? lol fort sask should rematch red deer.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Actually Fort Sask vs Calagry would be cool too, cause we could poung them into dirt! =P

Also Levi, I double should've come over yesterday, we're not even doing anything here =[ (like obviously I can't post on smashboards lol)

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
sux dude. lolololol fort sask is dan & me so that wouldn't work too well. wtf are you doing anyway?
edit: I just lost the game

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
its what we did at some tournament a long time ago lolololololololololololsoisoisoisoisoisoi
i don't remember why

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
NOT LIVE THE SAME LEVI

Not live the same

edit: If anyone does make it to Breadoshi- and theres an xbox, I'll also be taking MM's in Blazblue (given I have the money) if anyones interested.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
NOT LIVE THE SAME LEVI

Not live the same

edit: If anyone does make it to Breadoshi- and theres an xbox, I'll also be taking MM's in Blazblue (given I have the money) if anyones interested.
I'll pick it up the day of and use my 1337 korean skillz to get super good and **** you.

But not really.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Wait a minute, Calgary is better than you!

Use Red Deer as an example.

Also lol, Matt it'll be the second day since it came out, I'll have played it for about 2 hours advantage (which yes, is a big advantage, but it isn't hard to play around with for a few mins before a MM) (of course I don't expect anyone to actually wanna MM, just I wanna make BB big)

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
First of all, Online sucks for anything remotely competitive (AKA Smash, Street Fighter, etc.) Just face it.

Especially BlazBlue, it has great online, with an incredible system to it (honestly the best I've seen in a long time in terms of fighters or just general online even)

But still you can't expect to have realistic matches on that **** (of course no one expects to have good matches, but you're basing buying a game off it, thats pretty important)

(Protip: If nobody noticed, I said halo's a bad game because Online is pretty much all it has going for it, and online doesn't matter for ****.)(Halo is not good competitive, give it up Fanboys)(all it is is fun, nothing else)

Top Bottom