• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sid is the best host btw. Even with only me and Tyson, he whips out chips and salsa dip w/soda. Also, he whipped out a cold hard can of 3-stock pika-whoop ***.
Agreed. Sid for the absolute win. I need to host again...everyone loved it last time. My place is like a lower middle-class version of Sid's basement. Better pool table at his place, more space, but at least I have a mini fridge and over the counter bar!

Only problem is, Spruce Grove.

Not a lot of people willing to travel a good extra 10 minutes outside of town for me. I'll have to do that again though. We'll do more then Pizza and Pasta too. I'll have chips, and the usual beverages.

And I just might bake some goodies. Who knows.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
BREAD OSHIII
c wat i did thar
TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

WHEN & WHERE?

Friday, July 3 @ 6:00 pm
(This could potentially change to Sunday, July 5 @ 10:00 am. Potentially. If there's a larger potential turnout on Sunday [and if Brad can stay until Sunday] then I'll change it. But for now, it's set for Friday)

10808 18 ave NW, Edmonton Alberta Canada.

WHAT?

Melee

EVENTS:
Melee singles $2 ***BUDGET PRICE***
Melee doubles $4/team ***DO TEAMS*** Really...

Why entry fees? So there can be a prize. I don't intend this to be a super serious event. If that were the case, I'd have a larger venue rented out or something. This is still a tourney though, so... yeah, entry fees. Also, Brad gets $0.50 off for both entry fees.

Bring setups! They won't get you a Brad discount, but I will love and admire you from ages unto ages if you do. And you want that.

Also, why is it so late? Cause that's when Brad gets here. Oops. But feel free to stay overnight. As long as you're gone by noon the next day, I'm happy. I have rehearsals all next day, so... yeah.

There will be food too. I don't know what, but it'll be there.

THE SCHEDULE
Friday July 3/09

Doubles Registration/Friendlies 6:00pm
Doubles 6:30 - 8:00pm
Singles Registration/Friendlies 8:00pm
Singles 8:30pm - whenever

Mad friendlies afterwards. Everyone should have at least one set with everyone else. I don't want to see any "omg ur kewl but we nevah really playd eachother." None of those shenanigans.

Also, I'll have someone a Sheik vs Sheik MM. $2. FD. It wouldn't be a Bread event without Brad combos.

The full bracket will be available for participant view at all times. Please make good use of this and check often to see your position and upcoming matches. Make sure you report your matches as well.

I have 3 screens here. One is great, and the other two are lackluster. Bring a TV if you can. I have two setups as well. I will need one extra.

THE RULES

ALLOWED/RANDOM STAGES:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (except for Doubles)

COUNTERPICKS:
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (except for Doubles)
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom 2

BANNED:
Everything else.

FORMAT:
-Double elimination bracket.
-4 Stock.
-No items.
-8 Minute time limit.
-Matches are best of 3 games, except for winners bracket final, losers bracket final, and grand finals which are best of 5.
-First game is on random stage, unless players come to a consensus within the allowed stages.
-Double blind pick may be called by either player/team during any first game of any set (a third party will be told each competitor's character selection) to avoid counter-picking
-Advanced slob picks
-Dave's stupid rule. Daves stupid rule does not apply in best of 5 situations during the winners finals, losers finals, and championship match.
-Pausing other than in the event of an emergency or by accident (at opponent's discretion) will result in a loss for that particular game.

Doubles rules same as above, as well as:
-Team attack ON
-SHARE STOCK allowed

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I don't have very many, and they're not the greatest controllers. If you can't bring one (or forget), then borrow someone else's.

PRIZES

All event prizes will be distributed as follows:

First place - 60% of pot
Second place - 30% of pot
Third place - 10% of pot

Say we get 16 participants for singles.

$31.50 pot
1st - $18.90 prize
2nd - $9.45 prize
3rd - $3.15 prize

See you all there.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
O**** IM IN.

ALL OF RED DEER IS IN FOR THIS ****.

Also, grudge match bof5 Brent vs Brad. He wants it.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Wait all of red deer? Seriously?

Hot ****.

blah blah blah long post, I can take that MM, and if anyone wants to mm me, state it now, I need to make sure I have the funds for it.

Also yeah be prepared to stay late guys I don't actually know the exact time I'm leaving calgary, I could be in edmonton at sid's house at 3:30, or I could be there at 8. I honestly don't know. But I've been told I should be there before 7.

Also to anyone who stays the night and has nothing to do saturday, I plan to go to west ed if I have nothing to do, feel free to join in and make it a bro-fest. Victor?

edit: lol luke but it's me, you LOOOVE me.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
BREAD OSHIII- HYPE

Say we get 16 participants for singles.

$31.50 pot
1st - $18.90 prize
2nd - $9.45 prize
3rd - $3.15 prize

See you all there.
Maybe you should consider splitting it up to the nearest 50 cents or something? I know I'm bringing a toonie, and if most people do and we don't have enough pennies / nickels / dimes / crap, then iunno. Just a suggestion, do what you like.

Just wondering, if I hosted brawl how many people would come?
No one, Brawl sucks. :)

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, if I hosted brawl how many people would come?
Where do you live? I'd go to every Brawl event I could, if the hosts didn't either live out on the edge of town or out of town entirely. Only Luke and Carl that I know of are able to host and live somewhat centrally.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
BREAD OSHIII- HYPE

Maybe you should consider splitting it up to the nearest 50 cents or something? I know I'm bringing a toonie, and if most people do and we don't have enough pennies / nickels / dimes / crap, then iunno. Just a suggestion, do what you like.
Don't worry, I have all the change. I bet I could dole out all the prizes in dimes and still have $20 of dimes left over!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
lmfao levi here: I got everyone pissed drunk, including alex's underaged friend from cali. this is great.
levi: 1
everyone: 0
edit: he's only underaged in cali

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
kind of funny how brawl is like...starting to come around as a casual thing to do between the melee breaks. I like it, it's like a different version of the 64 breaks the melee community can take. :)

Top Bottom