• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah the fox sucked, but I've seen him play other people in the past that were pretty good. I just don't see how Sid could possibly be compared. Unless he is seriously "gifted" in the area of smash, Anther just has more going for him. He plays more, plays a more diverse population, and plays better people. Not to mention he plays in more tournaments.

Make melee sunday?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yeah the fox sucked, but I've seen him play other people in the past that were pretty good. I just don't see how Sid could possibly be compared. Unless he is seriously "gifted" in the area of smash, Anther just has more going for him. He plays more, plays a more diverse population, and plays better people. Not to mention he plays in more tournaments.

Make melee sunday?
Dunno what you mean by "gifted", but you could make that statement about any American smash player.

How do you actually know he plays better people all the time? the only other match i can find on youtube is anther vs jman from feb '08 with jman playing marth (WTF).

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol those foxes vsing anther seriously sucked.

matt, u're better than scotu and shaeden too.

like seriously in that 1st match against shaeden, u could start seeing anther's weakness when shaeden started getting confidence after that shine kill and started playing like a "fox" (eg. moving faster, and being a bit more aggressive/confident). anther basically couldnt do anything.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was talking to Luke (who originally linked me to the Anther vid).

All Scotu was doing was shine oos and a few lasers (abd 1 grab). No shield pressure or nothing.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Sid's beastly, and if he spent all of an hour or something patching up some basic tech skill (ie ub+b and wavedashing, maybe some cstick uair things), or just take melee seriously lol, he would **** even more then he does. Like what Stevo talked about, melee ain't all tech. Anther has good tech, but other then that, I'm not that impressed either.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok that's just insulting. I mean when Carl said it I was like eh w.e, but trust me I don't impress easy. Flashy does not impress me, good decisions impress me.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Good decisions =/= taking advantage of poor play and being flashy.

I'm up for
hangover
smash tomorrow.

I like playing against Steve... bi-annually. :(

Who here has seen Gran Torino? Just wanna know what people thought of it. Clint Eastwood can still act. His character isn't over the top and doesn't act like he can do anything.

Unlike David Caruso.

Anther

Smash Champion
P.S. When Jman was a noob, he 2-stocked Anther's Pikachu with NESS. And he doesn't even play Ness, either.
:X, that's a different Jman Ness/Marth main than you're thinking FalseFalco, you too, wtffles. Jman you know doesn't play ness.
You think I've done all my tournament results in brawl with pika and sucked with him in melee?
Shaeden goes even or beats the best midwest players in melee, and beat/went even with a lot of the top EC players when we traveled over there for melee last year.

I got into brackets in doubles with shaeden at pound 3 and got like 25 out of 280 at the same tournament, probably the only low tier player to make it to brackets... and I feel like I should've got a lil farther, hehe x.X...

Shaeden's switch to highly campy play on the last game caught me off guard, he normally doesn't play that way against me, and with him being my teammate and such and by the time that he got 2 stocks, I had to switch to a style that's better suited to dealing with it, but.. I was behind so I had to play more risky and the game went bad. He's a better melee player than me ;]. We won doubles at the same tourney.

I play everyone in melee XD, even at a melee tourney in canada with rayneX and such in december.

Anyways, basically, eff you guys =P (in the good way)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
:X, that's a different Jman Ness/Marth main than you're thinking FalseFalco, you too, wtffles. Jman you know doesn't play ness.
You think I've done all my tournament results in brawl with pika and sucked with him in melee?
Shaeden goes even or beats the best midwest players in melee, and beat/went even with a lot of the top EC players when we traveled over there for melee last year.

I got into brackets in doubles with shaeden at pound 3 and got like 25 out of 280 at the same tournament, probably the only low tier player to make it to brackets... and I feel like I should've got a lil farther, hehe x.X...

Shaeden's switch to highly campy play on the last game caught me off guard, he normally doesn't play that way against me, and with him being my teammate and such and by the time that he got 2 stocks, I had to switch to a style that's better suited to dealing with it, but.. I was behind so I had to play more risky and the game went bad. He's a better melee player than me ;]. We won doubles at the same tourney.

I play everyone in melee XD, even at a melee tourney in canada with rayneX and such in december.

now I feel like a huge douche hating on a pika player :(
haha sorry anther I just have massive pride in the players in my area and your combos on that fox were definitely sick
We should play at Genesis if you're going!

PS were you at oc2 by chance? There was a pika player there back in the day trying to convince me he was a falcon counter, it might have been you?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master

There are two Jmans...? lol, I guess that makes sense why he was playing Marth too.

But srsly, whose up for smash tmr?
Can't, I still have finals on Monday and Tuesday.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Anther, good show on defending yourself without being a douche <3

I'm pretty sure anyone willing to play Pika seriously and that does decently, is automatically a cool dude.

AKA Sid and Anther, and I guess that european guy nobody ever hears from.

lol victor, I wouldn't even know what name to search anymore.

Oh I almost forgot.

Sir this girl was stabbed by a man and then ***** in her eye sockets.

I guess... she didn't see him coming.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sir it seems this man was beaten and shot by a mass murdering clown.

It looks like... The joke was on him.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHh

DARKRAI COMBO!

Oooh, lets pick CockGay to pick on

Top Bottom