• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Everybody listen to me now, because I'm only going to say this once.

IF YOU DECIDE TO STEP OUT OF LINE IN THIS THREAD MORE THAN ONCE AGAINST A WARNING, YOU WILL BE HEAVILY INFRACTED AND/OR ROOM BANNED.

I am sick and tired of everyones whining and blatant disregard for the rules. If I warn you not to do something, you don't do it. Social rooms are social rooms. Not ******** spam rooms. I think I need to make what I expect of you even more clear, as well as what is acceptable.

Acceptable
-10char
- one-line IMAGE posts
- signatures larger than posts

Unacceptable
- Flaming
- Double posting (unless by accident)
- Insignificant one-line posts (ie: yes, no, what, etc.)
- trolling
- spam
- everything else

If you've got such a huge problem with me, take it to forum disputes. Personally, I've got no problem with you not liking me. I'm doing my job. I garauntee you, if "Brad" behavior persists, I'm locking this thread. I believe a common misconception to be that if you know me irl, you're above the rules. Unfortunately this is not so. If you want to post on SWF, follow them. I don't care what your agrument is. Follow--The--Rules.

A perfect example is Carl. Because of his actions on the previous page, Azua has room banned him.

Know your place.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
How long is Carl banned for? Cause really, that was the first "bad" thing he's ever done in a long long time. Couldn't even cut him some slack even though you cut more slack for Brad than a slack cutting factory.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i didnt see the edit until after i read ur post haha.

oh, i see. well that really sucks.

edit: im going to have to start my interesting facts again...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
rofl nice one.

edit: that means that guy jerked off every 40 mins for the whole 24 hours of his day lolol

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol Tyson, by the way, you guys should probably watch the vids from Mango Juice and Revival of Melee from last month, there are some amazingly sick videos that need to be seen. Shiz has gotten ridiculously good.

I need someone to bring me a controller for Friday :3
I can bring you my good ol' purple controller, aka the one I usually use. I'll clean off some of the grit on it tomorrow so it's good to use.

IF YOU DECIDE TO STEP OUT OF LINE IN THIS THREAD MORE THAN ONCE AGAINST A WARNING, YOU WILL BE HEAVILY INFRACTED AND/OR ROOM BANNED.

I am sick and tired of everyones whining and blatant disregard for the rules. If I warn you not to do something, you don't do it. Social rooms are social rooms. Not ******** spam rooms. I think I need to make what I expect of you even more clear, as well as what is acceptable.

Acceptable
-10char
- one-line IMAGE posts

Unacceptable
- Flaming
- trolling
- spam
- everything else

If you've got such a huge problem with me, take it to forum disputes. Personally, I've got no problem with you not liking me. I'm doing my job. I garauntee you, if "Brad" behavior persists, I'm locking this thread. I believe a common misconception to be that if you know me irl, you're above the rules. Unfortunately this is not so. If you want to post on SWF, follow them. I don't care what your agrument is. Follow--The--Rules.

A perfect example is Carl. Because of his actions on the previous page, Azua has room banned him.

Know your place.
O.O

I hope you realize the difference between real trolling and flaming (which hasn't been done in a while here) and mere teasing...like if somebody made a joke about me and I said "**** you", I hope you realize it's just a joke and we're not really flaming lol

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I think the Gamefaqs mods are better then smashboards mods

thats ****ed
No.

Not even close. I don't even care if I'm being trolled. There is just so much wrong with this statement.

Smashboard mods are LEAGUES above GameFAQs mods. The mods here actually participate in discussions and know stuff about what they are modding.

The GameFAQs mods warn you for spoilers for saying Zelda is sheik on the SSBM boards.

The ONLY thing I've seen a GAmeFAQs mod do to contribute, was SBallen made a guide or FFIV. That's it.

The GameFAQs modding staff is complete garbage.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
im sorry luke but my home slice dan is gonna have to make the good goods with your mom so he has a place to stay for the night because im bailing out.

good goods

know wat im sayin'

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I can bring you my good ol' purple controller, aka the one I usually use. I'll clean off some of the grit on it tomorrow so it's good to use.
u need a controller for urself too u know lol

My question still hasn't been answered. Why do you get infractions for double posting in the Social rooms?
u always do get infracted for double posts because its unnecessary with the edit function available.

man joel, ur post gave me nightmares. i actually had a dream where i ACCIDENTLY quadrabble posted and i was like oh shi- what have i done

edit: and i havent really understood the concept of trolling. like i dont even know what that means lol. is it someone who goes around the forums and says negative things to everything?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
A troll is someone who deliberately TRIES to piss people off for kicks, in the simplest sense of the word. Saying negative htings is more like flaming.

That, or a mythological being that generally lives under bridges eating Billy goats.

FastFox

BRoomer
To attempt to justify my actions, I'll just say that I haven't been moderating this place to its full extent. I've been letting some things go and getting on your ***** for others. I didn't room ban Carl, Azua did.

A social room shouldn't have to be moderated as strictly as this, however it's you guys, so I'm cracking down on spam and double-posting. Like I said in the bolded text, this is a social room, not a ******** spam room where you can double-post all you want. It still needs to abide by the standard forum etiquette.

When I see some improvements, I'll start to loosen up again. Until then, you guys KNOW what's expected of you, and I don't want to have to be the "horrible mod" because I give you guys infractions.

I'd also like to say that what I do on smashboards or how I treat your posting, when I infract you, etc. will not interfere with anything irl. If you're immature enough to let my forum actions as a staff member effect what happens when we're around one another irl, I don't even know what to say to that. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Edit: The exception to the latter paragraph being Brad.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to chime in here and say that accidental double posting shouldn't automatically equal an infraction.

Sometimes the server hiccups and there's nothing you can do about it. It's happened to me a few times before, as well.

If you double post accidentally, just edit your second post to say so and it will be deleted.

However, keep in mind that we can see time stamps and edit history =p

Tyson651

Smash Lord
wtf hacks.

edit: matt flames me all the time.

editx2: u should infract him irl.

FastFox

BRoomer
I'm going to chime in here and say that accidental double posting shouldn't automatically equal an infraction.

Sometimes the server hiccups and there's nothing you can do about it. It's happened to me a few times before, as well.

If you double post accidentally, just edit your second post to say so and it will be deleted.

I did make it clear that accidental double posts are no problem.

However, if you pull a Kithkin, you'll be infracted. Deliberate double-posts just show me that you aren't respecting the rules. Like I've said before, even though this is a social room and post count is off, I still expect you to follow standard rules (save for the few I've listed) until I know you guys are capable of decent discussion.

I understand a lot of the problem was Brad, but think of this as a "recovery" process. I don't want my fellow Canadians making ***** of themselves on smashboards because they either don't know how to post or just take no heed to the rules.

F

Fatsfox

Acceptable
-10char
- one-line IMAGE posts

Unacceptable
- Flaming
- trolling
- spam
- everything else

Know your place.
Joel, you've given me full bans not just infractions for those acceptable things. lololololololol.

How long is Carl banned for? Cause really, that was the first "bad" thing he's ever done in a long long time. Couldn't even cut him some slack even though you cut more slack for Brad than a slack cutting factory.
He did, but thats because I wasn't DOING ANY HARM. I thought he had realized that

36 is the world record for the number of times a man has masturbated in a day.
So.... did someone have to watch him?

My question still hasn't been answered. Why do you get infractions for double posting in the Social rooms?
Because the posts dont count for anything

To attempt to justify my actions, I'll just say that I haven't been moderating this place to its full extent. I've been letting some things go and getting on your ***** for others. I didn't room ban Carl, Azua did.

A social room shouldn't have to be moderated as strictly as this, however it's you guys, so I'm cracking down on spam and double-posting. Like I said in the bolded text, this is a social room, not a ******** spam room where you can double-post all you want. It still needs to abide by the standard forum etiquette.

When I see some improvements, I'll start to loosen up again. Until then, you guys KNOW what's expected of you, and I don't want to have to be the "horrible mod" because I give you guys infractions.

I'd also like to say that what I do on smashboards or how I treat your posting, when I infract you, etc. will not interfere with anything irl. If you're immature enough to let my forum actions as a staff member effect what happens when we're around one another irl, I don't even know what to say to that. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Edit: The exception to the latter paragraph being Brad.
You *** why, I never did anything to you.

=P Never stopped me,

Protip: Mods tend to ban me more often when I'm following the rules than when I'm not.

lol Tyson, by the way, you guys should probably watch the vids from Mango Juice and Revival of Melee from last month, there are some amazingly sick videos that need to be seen. Mango has gotten ridiculously good.

Fix'd

Edit: Hi guys

edit2:
I did make it clear that accidental double posts are no problem.

However, if you pull a Kithkin, you'll be infracted. Deliberate double-posts just show me that you aren't respecting the rules. Like I've said before, even though this is a social room and post count is off, I still expect you to follow standard rules (save for the few I've listed) until I know you guys are capable of decent discussion.

I understand a lot of the problem was Brad, but think of this as a "recovery" process. I don't want my fellow Canadians making ***** of themselves on smashboards because they either don't know how to post or just take no heed to the rules.

PFFFTTT a lot of the problem? I did a few things that can be easily ignored, you just really didn't like them cause you payed attention to them, theres a lot of people a lot worse than me, and at least sometimes I'm slightly entertaining =]

Also you forget that I'm never gone =/

ANNNDDDD how many times do I have to say, I actually think (unless I'm trying to disobey, which was rare surprisingly) that my posts are justified, therefore not bannable.

P.S: You whine every time we actually have good discussion going. Let it go, it's a social room, so long as the rules are followed, content shouldnt matter.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Kithkin, acting like that is just gonna get you banned over and over again. :/

You're not even supposed to make alts without permission.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
so if u got banned with an old acc, u're not allowed to make a new acc?

acting like that shouldnt get him banned. he's obeying the rules.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Hasn't he been banned like 8 times though?

When you're permabanned we're not even supposed to let you make another account but we usually look the other way if you behave well enough.

Top Bottom