• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What doesn't make sense.

Is that you Brawlers and asking for people who don't even like the game your playing, to host your game.

You're community is big enough. There's you, Brandon Colin, Darren, Jack, Dan and a bunch of other guys.

Like I said before, don't poison Melee tournament series's with Brawl. Cause let's face it, CT4 sucked compared to the previous CTs (From what I've heard/scene/gossiped about.)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Umm, I am not asking to shaft melee or even 64 for that matter. I am just suggesting to make it a 2 day event, so there can be more time for more things, and it's not as rushed to get those things done. Also there would be time for brawl, even if it is a side event.

How does it poison? Or make it worse? It makes the whole thing better because more people come, and more people feel accepted. Like I will definitely be hosting a brawl tourny, so don't pull that card out, I, and I am sure others, want a brawl tourny a little faster. It's beneficial in every way, I can't think of one negative that would come out of a brawl tourny. It gets new people to show, generates more interest, more potential OoS, and makes the community look more accepting and friendly. Of course if Carl absolutely cannot make it two days, then do whatever, but if you can, I am requesting that you include a brawl tournament for the benefit of everyone.

I AM NOT TRYING TO RUIN MELEE BECAUSE I ENJOY MELEE JUST AS MUCH AS BRAWL

Yoshara

Smash Lord
From what I remember, the major/only problem that CT4 had was actually time so there was not enough time for Melee singles.

I personally think that if it is only gonna be a one day event then maybe it should be Melee only, 'cause at CT4 we saw how long on game could take. (as in how long singles/doubles take together)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
From what I remember, the major/only problem that CT4 had was actually time so there was not enough time for Melee singles.

I personally think that if it is only gonna be a one day event then maybe it should be Melee only, 'cause at CT4 we saw how long on game could take. (as in how long singles/doubles take together)
....and 64

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to agree with Dan, CT4 was my favorite.

What doesn't make sense.

Is that you Brawlers and asking for people who don't even like the game your playing, to host your game.

You're community is big enough. There's you, Brandon Colin, Darren, Jack, Dan and a bunch of other guys.

Like I said before, don't poison Melee tournament series's with Brawl. Cause let's face it, CT4 sucked compared to the previous CTs (From what I've heard/scene/gossiped about.)
Don't give us that poison garbage, you know the only poisonous thing is your attitude to the general smash community. Just because you don't like Brawl, doesn't mean you should be such a little twit about it. I've never gotten extremely competitive in 64, nor have I played it all that much and just because it isn't my game I'm not going to go out of my way to troll about how bad it is. That would be biased of me and it would show no respect to the people who actually enjoy the game. Atleast keep your dignity, because quite frankly the fan base for Brawl has become quite huge and your little opinion is vastly out numbered, believe it or not.

And honestly, you're basing your argument on Gossip, that's a surprise there.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
... ... ... ... So this is what the community's come to, huh? Nice word of 'poisoning' too. Makes the game sound like such a disease when it's just another good video game that people find merit in.

"We don't undermine people who play Brawl," my ***. Don't lie. Don't even ****ing dare. This goes for others here as well. When have we, in Alberta, once decided to say ANYTHING of the same calibur about Melee, or 64, being a poison. Never, why? Because they're not; and neither is Brawl. Brawl's community is rising in Alberta, and none of you like it one bit; you encouraged us to host our things, and we are, and now the community's coming to life. So what do you guys do? Because it's happening you're waving the Melee flag and the "Brawl sucks" flag at the same time.

And what are we doing? All we're doing is just playing the game. We don't give a ****, so why are any of you even TRYING when stupid remarks like "poisoning" are used to get under the skins of people who play Brawl?

Well, that's not true, we do care; because frankly, it's pissing me off that we've done nothing wrong and I thought we were all in this together. When I came here to compete, I was under the impression that regardless of the game, we were in this together, as a tight community. Now we're all seperating, and I don't like it one bit. Except who are the ones pointing fingers or leaving not-so-subtle hints of such?

Thought so.

PS. If CT5 was a one-day event, and it got a lot of attention, I do agree about Melee Only so that there's more then enough time for it to be finished since CT4 was dominated by Brawl and time was spent with that game. However, if you ran the events for two days, there would be no excuse NOT to include Brawl.

Tri-Smash in British Columbia involved all THREE games over the course of two days, and each event even got Singles & Doubles. That's right, 64/Melee/Brawl was done in two days. Even Melee got a Low Tier tournament and a Falcon Only tournament. Heck, with enough organization you could fit most events into one day. But stress is a factor as well, along with control over the players in terms of organization. You do what you want to. If it's a single day, sure, go for Melee. Not because it's just what you guys want, but because then you know for certain you have no excuses for missing things.

My two cents there. Now I'm tired.

[EDIT]

Also, agreed with Dan. CT4 was absolutely amazing. You don't find the Triple Falcon Punch happening often. ♥

Fisting all around!!

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I've never gotten extremely competitive in 64, nor have I played it all that much and just because it isn't my game I'm not going to go out of my way to troll about how bad it is..
But 64 is a
IMO
a good game.

PS. If CT5 was a one-day event, and it got a lot of attention, I do agree about Melee Only so that there's more then enough time for it to be finished since CT4 was dominated by Brawl and time was spent with that game. However, if you ran the events for two days, there would be no excuse NOT to include Brawl.

Tri-Smash in British Columbia involved all THREE games over the course of two days, and each event even got Singles & Doubles. That's right, 64/Melee/Brawl was done in two days. Even Melee got a Low Tier tournament and a Falcon Only tournament. Heck, with enough organization you could fit most events into one day. But stress is a factor as well, along with control over the players in terms of organization. You do what you want to. If it's a single day, sure, go for Melee. Not because it's just what you guys want, but because then you know for certain you have no excuses for missing things.
Good for them. CAST4 was melee only for 2 days and I don't think anyone had a problem with that. Flatzone is 2 days and is melee only (with the exception of 64 singles) and, again, no one has a problem with that. Why don't you go to the flatzone tournament forum and ask them to host brawl, too? After all, they have plenty of time to do both, right?

It's because they don't want to.

If it's 2 days and it's melee only, and that's what Carl wants then whatever, I guess it'll be that way. If you want to go to a brawl tourney and get some OoS attention then hype up ADAT2 and make it brawl only.

EDIT: Kongo Jungle isn't usually a neut for sing/doubles right? Just the specific ruleset for Flatzone? Also, Tyson you aren't going, right?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
no im not going to flatzone.

got work so ya.

kongo jungle is not a neutral; its a counterpick.

and i agree with matt.

LET CARL DECIDE SO EVERYONE ELSE, SHATAP

why are u hosting cast5 on the day of adat2?

i wanted to go to both, adat2 mainly for the lols/funny and to see if anyone wants to hire an old snake for teams. PUN LOLOLOOOLOLOL

i wont be in singles for adat2, but i would be for teams if anyone decent wants to take.. oh, lets say, 2nd? 3rd? lolol.

and i hope u set up ONE tv for melee at adat2, ill be sitting there all day hahah.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Let me get a few things straight.

If this is going to turn into a "Brawl sucks" thread, take it to last-year's Brawl Discussion. Victor, cut it out, alright?

I don't like Brawl either, but seriously guys, grow the **** up and quit acting like babies. Brawl is growing in popularity and already has a place alongside Melee. Get used to it. No more Brawl bashing, k? If this continues I'm going to just make a seperate thread for Luke and everyone to hang out in and talk about King DeDeDe or some ****.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't telling Carl what to and what not to do. Brawl's been introduced into the CT series as is, and if it's a success and the game draws more to make it a bigger success (as a whole), what's the harm? I'm not saying if it's two days you NEED Brawl. Or 64. I'm just stating that it's not impossible to be able to run more then one game over the course of those two.

If it works, why not keep it working? There's nothing illogical about that question; but if Carl turns the CT series into Melee only, it's his decision and nobody elses. But forums are where opinions can be heard and considered, and I was simply entrusting mine to you guys regarding that fact.

Nothing wrong with Melee Only tournaments for focus on that.

Nothing wrong with Brawl Only tournaments for focus on that.

Nothing wrong with 64 Only tournaments where Dan pilfers your money and makes Baby Jesus cry every time Captain Falcon Uair + Uair + Up B Combos him.

Carl and whoever runs tournaments wherever can take and discard as they please. It's their show, but their players making this happen in the first place by coming. Also, many a thanks, Joel. I don't think another thread for Brawl would do much good though. :p That's only further cementing in the idea of seperating the community in half. ... At this rate, could happen anytime, but. If I wanted a Brawl discussion thread for Alberta, I'd make one in the General Discussion Board and let it get closed for being "Just for Alberta" Why? Because it'd be stupid.

Let's just talk of Smash. And not of it sucking. In one thread.

I ****ed a mermaid.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Actually ADAT was melee and brawl. We had singles/doubles for both, and an equally big turnout as CT4. We even tried to have a little side station for 64, which got played a little bit, but it wasn't anything big.

FastFox

BRoomer
The way I see it, as long as there's still a huge drive for Melee tournaments Brawl is going to have to wait. Having both is very time consuming, as well as resource consuming.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
oh thats cool.

ur going to have melee/brawl again?

dont host cast5 and adat2 at the same date >.>

FalseFalco

Smash Master
this thread makes me feel like a celebrity

Unfortunately now I really have to pick my words about ct5. I haven't decided whether or not I'll be hosting Brawl, but I really wish people would shut up about it. I'll make a thread and stuff in due course.

PS don't try to persuade me in either direction please

FastFox

BRoomer
Cater to both spectrums with Brawl+.

"Yo dawg, we heard you like Melee, so we put some Melee in your Brawl so you can win while you fail"

OR

Just surprise Street Fighter everybody. It'll be the proverbial land-cancelled aerial -> hadouken to the mind.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
How about a Fire Emblem tourney, the new one for the DS has multiplayer... (this is getting out of hand)

P.S. Did anyone know that Coca-Cola is having a special promotion with new collector bottles?

Top Bottom