• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If any of you ever wanted to see some seriously old school SC, go to Gomtv.net and watch the latest games. One of the most retro experiences I have ever encountered.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Uh-oh guys.

It takes serious STRATEGY to steal 40 cakes. But sometimes even serious strategy is simple stuff.

For example. Dash dancing. It's just walking back and forth, back and forth, only really fast and stuff. But it seriously MESSES WITH THE MIND.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
If any of you ever wanted to see some seriously old school SC, go to Gomtv.net and watch the latest games. One of the most retro experiences I have ever encountered.

I watched a semi-recent match a while ago with boxer vs. some other guy playing as zerg (I can't remember the name right now), but boxer actually got a nuke off on one of the guy's bases and the look on his face was hilarious.

But seriously, Brood War would be way better if it didn't have the ****ty battle.net it has now.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Uh-oh guys.

It takes serious STRATEGY to steal 40 cakes. But sometimes even serious strategy is simple stuff.

For example. Dash dancing. It's just walking back and forth, back and forth, only really fast and stuff. But it seriously MESSES WITH THE MIND.
just forward smash
works every time

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I watched a semi-recent match a while ago with boxer vs. some other guy playing as zerg (I can't remember the name right now), but boxer actually got a nuke off on one of the guy's bases and the look on his face was hilarious.

But seriously, Brood War would be way better if it didn't have the ****ty battle.net it has now.
****ty Battle.net? It's not bad at all. And if you get either hamachi or Chaos launcher, you can play with your friends with 0 lagg. Oh and if you do Iccup and get the Iccup launcher, then every game you have with people is 0 lagg. What experiences have you had that makes you think it's ****ty?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
just forward smash
works every time
Ah, yes. The forward smash. I'm fairly certain that a universal cure for all diseases, world hunger, and the key to world peace all involve the forward smash in some form. I just need more money to help further my studies.

Which is why at Cast 4 I will have a drop box for anyone generous enough to donate to my new foudnation, the 'Forward smash For the Future Foundation'. Or FFFF for short. Here at FFFF, we are dedicated to unlocking the secrets held by the almighty forward smash, and hoping to use them for the benefit of man kind.

So please. Think of the starving Africa kids. And donate. Thank you.

Stevo

Smash Champion
People should be less greedy and donate to the FFFF.

Take Marth for example, he always tip's his servers.

EDIT: Worst melee pun EVAR

we need to have some smash training during the week sometime.
I have so much trouble making it out on weekends. Especially since I live way up near west ed.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
****ty Battle.net? It's not bad at all. And if you get either hamachi or Chaos launcher, you can play with your friends with 0 lagg. Oh and if you do Iccup and get the Iccup launcher, then every game you have with people is 0 lagg. What experiences have you had that makes you think it's ****ty?
I'm just comparing it to War3, which is the RTS I spend the most time on at the moment. While there is something like that for war3 (listchecker), it's not necessary to have a lag free game.

Joining a public game in SC is guaranteed to have at least one person with 6r.

EDIT: I'm assuming everyone has the weekend off for Remembrance Day (plus Tuesday if you're at the U of A), but that's probably the best time to do it. Also, I facepalmed at that pun.

kithkin

Smash Champion
just forward smash
works every time
Sounds like something I'd say...

It's not 0 lag.

Don't even argue, you can't gaurantee 0 lag.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No, Iccup launcher allows for a LAN connection. It's virtually the same as if I were to host a LAN party, and play SC that way. It's not good enough, it's as good as it's gonna get.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hamachi also virtaulizes a LAN, even though it's a LAN, it's a fake LAN, meaning it will lag jus like internet.

Even then, LAN lags sometimes too.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya man, D3!!!!!!!!!

when i get it, im gonna fail uni cause ill be playing that everyday.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Hamachi also virtaulizes a LAN, even though it's a LAN, it's a fake LAN, meaning it will lag jus like internet.

Even then, LAN lags sometimes too.
Yeah. Listchecker gets all sorts of laggers (it runs like a LAN), so that's true.

Also, I know you probably weren't really serious about failing university by playing too many games but... don't ever do something as stupid as that. If you do, enjoy your burger flipping.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well those are good points and all, but saying it's good enough is a bit weird. It's as good as it gets, so there is no use in pointing out its flaws.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
haha, of course im not gonna fail uni :p

or drop out before then for that matter.

i just hope D3 comes out during one of my work terms, then i can play it without care about hw muwahaha

and why would u go to lethbridge when theres uofc in calgary lol

or even better, go to uofa and smash with us edmontonians :D

edit: oh lol, i reread brad's post and i understand it now. haha ya, that is if it comes out after april 2012. if they delay it that long i will die. :(

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Cause U of C fails, and / or is abnormally hard to get into, and / or he wants to get out of this ****hole of a city, and / or he simply wants a change of scenery, and / or UofL is offering a Program he wants that isn't available here, and / or...

Edit: Curse you Levi, you and your wheat.

Edit2: Curse you Rend, you and your Dark Orchid.

Edit3: Curse you Victra, you and your Pink.

Edit4:
I never actually editted this post. You have all been mindgamed.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
haha, of course im not gonna fail uni :p

or drop out before then for that matter.

i just hope D3 comes out during one of my work terms, then i can play it without care about hw muwahaha

or even better, go to uofa and smash with us edmontonians :D

edit: oh lol, i reread brad's post and i understand it now. haha ya, that is if it comes out after april 2012. if they delay it that long i will die. :(

You in co-op engg?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Would be nice, but highly unlikely. Wouldn't even be remotely possible unless there's someone who lives in residency.
hah! funny.

i study and go to class with two friends, (we're always in a group of 3) and one of them lives in hub. we always hang in his room, either doing hw or watching tv and stuff lol.

lol, smash at uofa would be fun, if u really want to lolol.

and yes, coop engg. cheme, u?

Top Bottom