• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters
M

Mugsy

hi guys i'm also new, from medicine hat. I'm Dr. Ike's friend, and I'mma be the best luigi in the world

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why does mindgames = strategy? It's more like strategy sometimes involves mindgames. An example of strategy in smash bros is ledge hogging. You can enhance ledge hogging with mindgames making that particular strategy more effective. The reason I said smash isn't a very strategical game is because the games are so short, and fast paced there isn't much time to establish a way of beating opponent in just one way, instead it changes constantly meaning you change "strategies" constantly. Now the way I just said that may sound like I just contradicted my main point, but it doesn't. I shall explain. In this sense, the strategies are so minuscule, and so simple, that they are virtually algorithms. You can memorize them by heart. Combos in this game could be considered strategies, but everyone knows them, and are shared by every player that knows this game, this is how I came up with the comparison to algorithms.

Does this have much meaning? I don't know, but I just wanted to clarify what I meant, since some people (Brad) misunderstood me and took me as a fool.

Ony

Smash Rookie
well, tishing is possibly a ******** word that vic just came up with. But you can take it as ...... actualy i dont really know, guys whats tishing? im thinking its how hes saying random jibberjab about stuff. yes no?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke is basically the tishiest tish whoever tished a tish.

Jesus Christ you guys. Weekenders reference. Doesn't anyone watch the Weekenders? xDD

:3

kithkin

Smash Champion
I watch that show still.

And luke, you almost had a point, Mindgames can be a strategy, but strategy =/= mindgames.

BUT, Heres where you're wrong, just think, have you ever, or ever known of
staying below/above someone? Cause thatsa strategy, and usually a pretty important one.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
luke is never wrong

this game is just hitting people no stratagy

starcraft has no stratagy 2 all u do is make ppl and fight no stratagy wow

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well, mindgames themselves arn't strategies, but theres strategies to mindgames I mean, it's a ******** concept, but I mean,

It can be a strategy to mak them run at you, and you can use a mindgame to make them do it.

Does anyone even care

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I watch that show still.

And luke, you almost had a point, Mindgames can be a strategy, but strategy =/= mindgames.

BUT, Heres where you're wrong, just think, have you ever, or ever known of
staying below/above someone? Cause thatsa strategy, and usually a pretty important one.
Well yea, but that's serious common sense. When I think of strategy, it usually involves of something fairly complex, and takes critical thinking.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hmm.. heres an example that mind games and strategy can be like the same thing.

lets say starcraft, theres a bunch of siege tanks together, and u bring a shuttle there thats empty, terran sees it and unsieges and u rush with dragoons right after while they are in tank mode.

lets say melee, ur fox, and ur opponent is w/e, u run up to them from behind while they are in their shield and u charge an usmash, they spot dodge but ur still charging, and u let go when their spot dodge finishes and u land the hit.

thats a type of strategy to get a hit in, but its also fooling ur opponent at the same time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Good examples, but it supports my post more then it does yours. I said strategy sometimes involves mindgames to make it more effective. Both of your scenarios are prime examples of what I stated.

Oh and that SC example is pretty funny. I've seen it happen, with or without zealots in the shuttle, and I laugh everytime.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I haven't really been following the whole SC2 thing. Brood war is a good enough game, sc2 isn't even that necessary to be honest.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I haven't really been following the whole SC2 thing. Brood war is a good enough game, sc2 isn't even that necessary to be honest.
unfortunately this isn't the thought going through game designers heads (sakurai, blizzard)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stevo

Smash Champion
World of Warcraft 2

cant wait...................................................................................................................................................................................

wait, ya I can.

I am excited for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, altho i will most likely be dissapointed.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. WoW is becoming a lot more noob friendly. Just like Brawl oh ****!!!

What happens next, you think?

That's what happens when you listen too much to the players, all the casuals are QQing because they can't do anything good.. And then all the real hardcore players get completely gimped and it's not so special anymore to be leet.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Well.. WoW is becoming a lot more noob friendly. Just like Brawl oh ****!!!

What happens next, you think?

That's what happens when you listen too much to the players, all the casuals are QQing because they can't do anything good.. And then all the real hardcore players get completely gimped and it's not so special anymore to be leet.

Nerfing something turns it into a stepping stone for casuals. Since the casuals make up like 95% of the people who play WoW, it's obviously important to give them something to chew at, otherwise they'll just stop playing after a certain point.

but I can't deny it... It was pretty annoying to see all that stuff get nerfed, ESPECIALLY after we got Mr. Kael to 2%, a week before his big fat nerf.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Good examples, but it supports my post more then it does yours. I said strategy sometimes involves mindgames to make it more effective. Both of your scenarios are prime examples of what I stated.

Oh and that SC example is pretty funny. I've seen it happen, with or without zealots in the shuttle, and I laugh everytime.
lol i never argued against ur post, or at least i didnt even read it that carefully. i skimmed through everyone's posts and just decided to say some examples or w/e.

i think brad hit it on the head when he said: mindgames = strategies but strategies =/= mindgames

in the sense that strategies is a form of mindgames but mindgames is not a form of strategies. which then agrees with what u said that strategy involves mindgames to make it more effective.

we're all saying the same thing.

and ya, its funny when the shuttle comes by then all the tanks unsiege haha.

I AM ONLY EXCITED FOR DIABLO 3 OMFG OMFG OMFG

Top Bottom