• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
After examining his thesis more clearly I see you're correct.

x After Dawn x said:
Melee is much more based on luck...remember that match of Marth vs. PC Chris, 4-stocking him in 50 seconds? That's luck. Invisible ceiling glitch? Disjointed hitboxes? That's luck.
FalseFalco said:
things that shouldn't be argued; Melee being more luck based than Brawl on the basis of Disjointed hitboxes, Invisible ceiling glitch, and abusing opportunities in a punish-based balanced fighting game, none of which appear to be fully understood by the person in question
Fix'd

OrmusBlack

Smash Rookie
I know im going to get these stupid comments but i can't seem to find if any edmonton or central alberta BRAWL tournies are taking place in the next little while. I would be willing to go and try it out. Also hit me up if u wanna wifi games or whatever.

I have my own townhouse soo if there is any mature players would wanna have some freindly brawls in Edmonton PM me,
DONT MEAN TO SOUND CREEPY just wanna find some hardcore brawlers to play wit NO ON WIFI

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Afterdawn and I will be holding a tourny (ADAT2) in the next couple of months. There was talk about a tourny being hosted by a guy by the name of DMK, but I don't what happened to him. I wish he would come on the boards, and tell us what's going on; I am really curious.

Levi5

Smash Ace
I don't think some of these people realize how scarce it is to come across a tournament in general in Alberta... Why would we waste the few we have on Brawl, especially since fewer people play it.

OrmusBlack

Smash Rookie
I guess i know what you mean but there is a time when u have to bring the competitive play to the new game

just like cs 1.6 or cs source i feel brawl has more flaw's but still its the newer game.
or with sc or wc3, even though the prior was better still its time to move on.

But ya. i hope there is a tourney coming up sometime.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I guess i know what you mean but there is a time when u have to bring the competitive play to the new game

just like cs 1.6 or cs source i feel brawl has more flaw's but still its the newer game.
or with sc or wc3, even though the prior was better still its time to move on.

But ya. i hope there is a tourney coming up sometime.
Ammount of competitive SC >>> Ammount of competitive WC3.

Also, for your benefit (you missed the entire brawl/melee arguement in this thread it would seem), newer =/= better.

DMK would be the guy to find for a brawl tourney. He likes the game and is organizing something, where as it appears that other tournies would be more melee skewed.

PS. get off wifi and brawl live. Wifi makes brawlers lazy. Offline is the only way to play.

OrmusBlack

Smash Rookie
Ammount of competitive SC >>> Ammount of competitive WC3.

Also, for your benefit (you missed the entire brawl/melee arguement in this thread it would seem), newer =/= better.

DMK would be the guy to find for a brawl tourney. He likes the game and is organizing something, where as it appears that other tournies would be more melee skewed.

PS. get off wifi and brawl live. Wifi makes brawlers lazy. Offline is the only way to play.

Ya thx for the info about DMK, I understand the competition for sc is greater then wc3 but i believe that's just in the asia. and its pretty obvious new doesn't = better, But i dont wanna dust off my game cube to play games. Just like i dont really care about being competitive on pong. Maybe its amazing but still its 2008 and i wanna play a game that shows it.

And from what ive been reading i wish Brawl was built for competition in mind which it wasn't. BOOOO

I have wondered why they wouldn't release updates like any other PC game that we can put on our internal storage on our Wii to our fav games to play. You would think they would be balancing BRAWL if they could to a point where everyone is soo close in teir its sickly.

^
|
Just a thought probably sounds stupid maybe im missing something, but i enjoy balance play, Which obviously is not Nintendo priorities

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Brawl's pretty balanced minus Metaknight

I think it's more balanced than Melee in terms of variety of characters. Gameplay however...

kithkin

Smash Champion
I have wondered why they wouldn't release updates like any other PC game that we can put on our internal storage on our Wii to our fav games to play.
Any OTHER PC game eh?

And Carl, wake up, Snake is too.

Ormus, I personally suggest going to the central canada thread (central canada poetry journal?) and trying to organize a smashfest.

Most of us are friendly and willing to play new faces, of course I'm in calgary so I won't speak for anyone.

But hey, Brawl is newer, but can't we play both?

Levi5

Smash Ace
When I play Counterstrike I stick with Condition Zero.
When I play Halo I stick with 2.
When I play Mario Party I stick with 3.
When I play smash bros I stick with Melee.

I play what I prefer.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Plasma Sword PR

1. Beeble
2. LemonLau
3. Matrix__DM
4. Levi
5. Falsefalc0ck
6. M2K
7. Kithkin
8. Alphicans
9. Mikemonkey
10. Fastfox

Discuss.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I should be in the PR!

not 1st or 2nd or any.

but Stos rank..

no bad joke.

anyways come downs to torontoz and smashz with uz.

pwuuze =)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
We should make the Alberta Melee PR more unique and original. Perhaps we could make it like a tier list? Like, FalseFalco and Superboom for God Tier, Turtlecake for Bottom? There's only like 30 of us in Alberta anyhow.

Levi5

Smash Ace
God tier:
Carl
Mike
Dan

High tier:
Steve
Sid
John
Tyson

Middle tier :
Mike
Alex
Jarrod
Stu
Brad

Low tier:
Victra
Sho
Luke

Bottom tier:
Everyone else

Roy tier:
Honorary mentions

Note that Roy tier is below Bottom tier, that's only because Roy is absolute trash. It's just a name though, this is where people that almost made it should go.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Victor, the idea works.

Levi, I'm making that frontal page.

and uh... Alex, grats on being so high on the list =3 One day you'll beat me, and you'll realize the secret to doing it.

Edit: I think Roy Tier should be people who do something special, or something cool, every once in a little while.

Levi5

Smash Ace
That's not the official Power Rankings... that was me stating my humble opinion again. Also lol at Roy tier bringing people down.

I can has be on Troll Tier w/ Alex?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
We should really try to include everyone in Alberta, including Ony/Rend, the rest of Red Deer and the rest of Calgary.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I didn't even see it. I was about to post wtf.

lol Alex.

Levi I think your opinion is better than what we had. If I may say so myself.

But either way, it will change soon enough.

Roy tier is commemorative IMO, it's for funny things like spiking sheik into the randall slot. The sheik gets roy tier, they keep their original spot though on the ranking.

and I dunno, if we put EVERYONE o the list then it gets huge and annoying and has so many problems because of whos better than who.

I think it's best sticking to 15. Sorry but everyone on the list is stupid.

edit: not stupid, but impractical.

edit2: **** I hate my keyboard.

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
sup guys, its parker.
I'm coming back to edmonton soon, is anyone still playing brawl?
I want in on the PR. I play as Metaknight, because I like being able to combo in a game that has no combos.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Most of the veterans you knew don't play brawl -_-

They also have NO respect for metaknight.
But they DO have good reasons.

Also he doesn't combo any more than anyone else does, he just has multiple hit attacks.

GOD ****IT, hey does anyone wanna see what my posts are like with my dying keyboard, BEFORE I go back and fix every missing letter?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I do.

Wait no I don't.

Try typing with your hair instead.

It's so simple even I can do it.

sdjb,nbs\dltd.,mnbmdsjrnm,kjzfm, Green greens.

See? It's as simple as short hop-> Double wavedash -> F-smash

Edit: God **** I'm bored... I also need a brawl tourney soon so I can get on that PR... if that means nothing at all.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
sup guys, its parker.
I'm coming back to edmonton soon, is anyone still playing brawl?
I want in on the PR. I play as Metaknight, because I like being able to combo in a game that has no combos.
MK, PR? LOLOLOL.

MOAR LIEK STUPID RANKING

kithkin

Smash Champion
Alex, I want you on that PR regardless, but the problem is nobody will agree with me

DESPITE ALL THE NOOBS WHINING ABOUT ME NOT CHANGING IT CAUSE THEY WON A MONEY MATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom