• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol i love the last comment on the video.

"you gotta learn how to main someone who actually HAS bad matchups.
Us Gannondorf mains consider 20-80 to be "neutral""

hahahahaha thats true. gannon mains got my respect, j00t.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This video feels about the way it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNe7NOnufps&feature=related

Also, some comment about fast brawl, and something about Sonic, something about Diddy Kong confusing me constantly.
Kirby hits cursed hard.

If I ran into everything Kirby did, that'd be about it. That's why he's my second-least favorite character to play against.

EDIT: I'm not writing it off, though; Chu looks to be an excellent example of how Kirby should be played. Talk about punishment.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Kalm: That video is actually...pretty good. One of the first Brawl videos I've enjoyed because it was good and not funny/stupid.

@ DanGR: This video, on the other hand, was hilarious. Thank you.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I can't stand playing against Diddy, Olimar, Jiggly, Meta Knight, and Zelda.

I just started a new topic, who do we hate playing against.

It'll end with this comment I'm sure. ;D

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
@ Kalm: That video is actually...pretty good. One of the first Brawl videos I've enjoyed because it was good and not funny/stupid.

@ DanGR: This video, on the other hand, was hilarious. Thank you.
I mean honestly, the vid is on one of the best stages, with one of the best songs that's not even from that stage. It shows a great amount of skill. It has Meta Knight losing. I has Meta Knight losing badly. It has Meta Knight losing badly to Kirby. There are important people playing (I think). It's short.

I think it might be the best Brawl video out there right now. What's not to love about it?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
hope my fellow huntsvillians enjoyed TO4 this weekend. I've basically fallen off the face of the planet since i accidently left the power supply to my laptop in Georgia on New Year's. I'm STILL waiting for my unreliable friend to mail it to me. These days, I spend my time begging people who own an hp if i can use their power supplies to charge my computer back up.

I've realized how dysfunctional i am without the internet. It sucks.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soooo Alabama took first in doubles and singles at TILT in Tennessee. 3rd at stamina mode as well.

Will_ and I won doubles and Will_ won singles. I placed third in stamina.

Oh, and I don't like fighting Peach or Metagame... I mean Metaknight. Both are frustrating because many of the things they do aren't punishable. >_>

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Peach is a lot more punishable if you don't use The Supreme Destroyer of All Things Which Dareth Touch the Ground.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Are we going to Impact Clash 3? I think Florida's coming up again, and I want to rematch them.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I've spent a while trying to organize rides for IC3. People just can't seem to commit. Right now, I think the Birmingham car has either two or three people in it. We're going to get a hotel room too, considering how cheap they are.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I woke up, thinking the first day of Impact CRASH was on Friday. I started to rage until I checked it again.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm assuming that no one really keeps up with the economics behind videogames, but everyone knows that the Wii's doing really well, right?

Well, Nintendo says that it's responsible for 99% of 2008 industry growth (and included a pie chart!)...which is a lot.

'Hotcakes are selling like Wiis.'

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming that no one really keeps up with the economics behind videogames, but everyone knows that the Wii's doing really well, right?

Well, Nintendo says that it's responsible for 99% of 2008 industry growth (and included a pie chart!)...which is a lot.

I'm selling my Wii. For a hotcake. Cuz a hotcake is a better investment.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i am back from new orleans ppl
possibly the least boring U.S. city of all time
except new york maybe
although the way the roads are set up is ********.
every road is a one-way
i wish i could go to impact clash but i have to work
my car is broken hopefully it gets fixed by TCS4
a pikachu won a midwest brawl tournament, i dont think i've seen that before

Will_

Smash Journeyman
If no Huntsvillians go I probably won't go either. I felt like crap making my parents drive all the way to bham and back just to drop me off last time.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

It all depends on how you define "growth."

I imagine that they defined it as "People who never played video games before buying a new system and owning at least X games."

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i got reported for spam...

i guess i spam?
IM A TROLL WACTH OUT GUYS!!!!

but on another note... i wannnnnaa winnn a tournament too reimii!!!! :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i got reported for spam...

i guess i spam?
IM A TROLL WACTH OUT GUYS!!!!

but on another note... i wannnnnaa winnn a tournament too reimii!!!! :D
you guys better start practicing hard. Will_ and George just get better and better don't let them leave you in the dust.
i'm ready to gay some ppl with snake though for real
everyone be afraid
Feb. 7
the return of the double kirbies

I need to learn diddy vs. peach. its weird how everyone hates fighting peach yet she still isn't represented very well in the tier list.
I think diddy might counter kirby
well online i do well against kirby's with diddy, better than snake.

i got 2 points for "replying to spam" a few months ago. this is why I tend to just stay in the Alabama Thread. It's like the mods blind spot.

i was reminiscing about when I used to have smashfests before I discovered the competitive scene. I mained Ness to begin with. [/funfact]

Top Bottom