• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh thank you, this could explain why i havent heard of it. lol.
i dont think ill be going.

tuscalloosa low tier ftw.

and wario really is not that good... but i like the fact that other people think he is :]

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Uh, DanGR i happen to know that you are invited to a Ryan's birthday party for that very date. January 17th?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
DanGR let me ride with you to the tournament(if you've found a way) and I will make a cardboard stand-in of you to use for the birthday party.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
wario is a beast. he has the best aerial mobility in the game
and maybe the best set of aerial attacks
and he can kill you at 60 percent
with a move that comes out almost instantly

and his second best killing move has super armor
and he has one of the best recoveries

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
SUPER SAYIAN META KNIGHT

AUGH

Rob, did you draw that?
heh. i wish. that's Peekasso, my new favorite pop artist. his work is tacky and subversive, to say the least, but i like him.

http://peekasso.tumblr.com/post/66476833/merry-xmas
http://peekasso.tumblr.com/post/46564299/sticker
http://peekasso.tumblr.com/post/60097996/that-right-person-for-a-kiss-its-everything

"Photography today could just be finding the right photo on flickr" - Peekasso

this low tier tournament sounds like fun

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
this low tier tournament sounds like fun
QFT, but I'm going to try and play Ness less than normal. Maybe I'll just use him to counter-pick, but I'm planning on kicking *** with C. Falcon.

Also, I'm trying to get my boyfriend who doesn't like video games to play Smash with me. Got any tips to get him interested? (Edit) And no one say "PLAY MELEE INSTEAD LOLOLOL."

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
DanGR let me ride with you to the tournament(if you've found a way) and I will make a cardboard stand-in of you to use for the birthday party.
To DanGR- Who all's riding with you? Because I remember you said in homeroom that I could get a ride too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan, are we teaming at TILT? DK/Oli - "The Biggest Pikmin"
I usually don't do teams. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Oli is too great at them. When there's a bunch of players on one stage, it's hard to space well. I'm also very defensive minded, and when the players are contently switching opponents to create mismatches, it's hard for me to adjust properly. Also, there's the deal with Oli's recovery...

We'll see...

To DanGR- Who all's riding with you? Because I remember you said in homeroom that I could get a ride too.
Will_ and maybe Popsofctown. Oh, and we're spiltting gas money.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I don't mind splitting the gas money. Is moogle not going? I thought you said he was. Is there any room in the car for Ben because I'm quite sure he would want to go.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good news. It turns out my dad is paying for the gas money! (we don't have to split nothin)

We've only got room for 6 people total in the van. So far it's my dad, me, and Will_. If Pops and Cam go, that's 5. My mom may want to go with my dad to go visit Nashville and go out to eat or something. If she does go, that's 6 peeps. If she doesn't, we'd have room for 1 more.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Good news. It turns out my dad is paying for the gas money! (we don't have to split nothin)

We've only got room for 6 people total in the van. So far it's my dad, me, and Will_. If Pops and Cam go, that's 5. My mom may want to go with my dad to go visit Nashville and go out to eat or something. If she does go, that's 6 peeps. If she doesn't, we'd have room for 1 more.
Ben said he would want to go. So, whenever you find out whether or not your mom is going, be sure to contact me.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Olimar isn't that great in teams because he's like a 6 year old with an uzi and hits everything but the right target.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh hey we should have a huntsville smashfest today (weds) because I am leaving town friday morning

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i'm not holding a hard reservation on any of the slots in your car DanGR, anyone else is welcome to it before me.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I will be up for playing smash up until the start of the BCS championship.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
So this Video is pretty much amazing for the reasons listed:

Mario back-throw to falcon punch
Quadruple knee
Thunders combo to rest to grab to grabhit wake up to rest again
The first techno song
and Melee forever ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK377cGmEVM&feature=channel_page
I always wonder what the point of reference is when people use/quote/reference the Gary Jules version of Mad World. They could be Donnie Darko fans, Gears of War fans, or they may just like Tears for Fears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRib_aAQFQ

Quad knee and double Falco spikes are always LOL.

I have a feeling I missed you guys today. BSC Championship game kind of had something to do with that. Maybe next week things will settle back down and the world will return to equilibrium?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_reTuUjnmM

BILLIE MAYS HERE FOR ESPN360 DOT COM

Sorry I missed your call, Rob. I was watching a movie with the folks that night.

Sorry I didn't get to see anyone from the huntsvegas smash crew while I was in town.

I put the blame solely on your shoulders, huntsville.

You let me down.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo..... Me and Scrappy are considering having another tournament at the Holiday Inn in Florence again. Not sure when but the last one we held was in 06 and it wasnt bad. If we hold another one it wont just be Smash this time around.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
My copypasta story from tonight

night.... I was a hero

So we played Oak Mountain tonight in basketball. It's not suppose to be a big game really, they aren't our rivals or Hoover (you guys know 2-A-Days? Yeah that Hoover). So anyways like near the end of the 3rd quarter we're coming back when like our star Sophmore and my friend steals the ball at half court. This pisses off the Oak Mountain guy so he tackles muh friend, pulls his jersey over his head and starts choking him.

That all took place in about a second, and the next second I was on the guy about to knock the **** of him. And with all sports fights, everyone on the and all of the fans are in on it. After I nailed the guy My other friends dad has grabbed me and told me to calm down (after elbowing people on the way in). I didn't know who it was so thinking it was a cop I put my hands up and try to walk back. Everyone after the game was all like, "**** yeah Josh you saved Ryan!" I just nodded and kept going.

We won the game and kicked there assess. All of the thug in our school got licks in and even our track coach (heh he was in the NFL and has a championship ring) knocked out like 7 people with one swing.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I always wonder what the point of reference is when people use/quote/reference the Gary Jules version of Mad World. They could be Donnie Darko fans, Gears of War fans, or they may just like Tears for Fears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRib_aAQFQ

Quad knee and double Falco spikes are always LOL.

I have a feeling I missed you guys today. BSC Championship game kind of had something to do with that. Maybe next week things will settle back down and the world will return to equilibrium?
Haha well you didn't miss too much. It was just me, joot, hyrulian on thursday, but we did watch the game while we played. Joot hated the 10 minutes of teams xD i could tell by how much be gannon daired me.

I had a good time though.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Have you guys ever played the Fast mode Special Brawl before? Yesterday I headed home to have a small brawl party with some friends. We decided to put it on Fast Mode for no reason, and three hours later got really used to it. We were having 3man FFAs and 1v1 matches back to back. It was a ton of fun, and made us play our characters completely differently. Sonic was unstoppable, I could 3 stock just about any character with him and make them look like fools for trying to fight it.
Anyways, after all that we took a short break and went back into normal. I can see why people complain about Brawl being too slow, normal mode was PAINFUL. We were going nuts trying to do anything the character animations were so sluggish, does Ike's smash attack last like 10 seconds? In the end, I think we're probably going to play it on Fast Mode a lot lot more often, it's really rewarding for fast reflexes and precision in a way normal Brawl couldn't dream of doing.
You guys should try it out for a couple hours, you might be surprised. I think I have more fun on Fast than Normal now no matter who I used.

Top Bottom