• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so guys it looks like i actually wont be able to have another tournament till february.

i just remembered that my father's birthday is january 31st lol

j00t

Smash Champion
Man, we got our butts kicked tonight >_>

I'll just go ahead and say that JPW is BAD. That field goal kicker is BAD. #3 is BAD BAD.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so, peach counters diddy.
and I think rob might counter IC's

and george has tricked me into thinking that snake counters kirby. but i'm onto your game.

also, check out AiB ladder's stage list:

# Starter Stages: Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Final Destination, and Battlefield
# Counter-Pick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza, Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), and Castle Siege

It's like perfect for me.

although they have a poll going which will bring back either rainbow cruise, luigi's mansion, or jungle japes

i voted for rainbow cruise, but I think LM is going to win

j00t

Smash Champion
so, peach counters diddy.
and I think rob might counter IC's

and george has tricked me into thinking that snake counters kirby. but i'm onto your game.

also, check out AiB ladder's stage list:

# Starter Stages: Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Final Destination, and Battlefield
# Counter-Pick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza, Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), and Castle Siege

It's like perfect for me.

although they have a poll going which will bring back either rainbow cruise, luigi's mansion, or jungle japes

i voted for rainbow cruise, but I think LM is going to win
Doesn't Snake counter everybody? >_>;

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.< Pikachu, Falco, Wario, and a smart Meta counters snake. Also the Pit boards are saying Pit counters Snake too. imo no though.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You sure about Wario? What were the points brought up for him being a counter?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ness is hard for snake. olimar beats snake. KIRBY beats snake. rob beats snake. diddy rrrapes snake. dedede beats snake. some folks think DK beats snake. its probably even. surprisingly jigglypuff gives snake trouble too on some stages.

snake is even with falco i think. and I think snake beats MK

wario might be even with snake. I dont think pit beats snake.

snake is a highly overrated character. He's obviously overpowered but he's not the best or second best in the game by any means. he has a host of difficult matchups. but if you camp hard enough you can deal with most people i guess

nice1

Smash Lord
T1J you need to watch how ally plays against wario. He makes it very easy match-up especially when u grab release to a full hop nair. I think snake has the upper hand in that match up

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario vs. Snake is even. Snake has imaginary range, and Wario has terrible range. Wario can juggle Snake around pretty well once he gets inside, and if he's lucky, he can get a gimp. Snake is incredibly powerful, but Wario's no slouch, either.

It might be ever-so-slightly in Snake's favor, but it may as well be even.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a video of "Rob counters snake"? I need one.

If some Sheik mains tell you Sheik counters Snake, it's a lie.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
ness is hard for snake. olimar beats snake. KIRBY beats snake. rob beats snake. diddy rrrapes snake. dedede beats snake. some folks think DK beats snake. its probably even. surprisingly jigglypuff gives snake trouble too on some stages.

snake is even with falco i think. and I think snake beats MK

wario might be even with snake. I dont think pit beats snake.

snake is a highly overrated character. He's obviously overpowered but he's not the best or second best in the game by any means. he has a host of difficult matchups. but if you camp hard enough you can deal with most people i guess
Lol, where do you get these matchups from?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Snake is an overrated matchup for wario.
i dont mind playing it. its kinda fun actually. id say its even too.

unless your opponent REALLY digs doing grab releases.

"DONT GET GRABBED"= philosophy behind wario mains.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just wonderin. They seem kinda random.>_>

Edit: @anyone going to TILT on jan17th

I might be able to go. I'd split gas if I could get a ride.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
olimar outranges snake and can force him to approach. and his grab **** all his moves.
ness can pretty much safely approach snake. fair beats ftilt and uptilt. i dunno if ness beats snake, but its close. characters with good aerial mobility that can get behind snake are hard for him. snake doesn't like people to be behind him, which is why ness/wario/ jiggs is a problem. snake still beats jiggs though simply because uptilt kills at like 80
DK has snake constantly worried about being spiked, and DK and kirby are the only characters than can kill snake at a decent percentage, kirby's just kirby. I think kirby's just a beast with few weaknesses besides huge windown lag when he misses his strong moves

dedede chaingrabs snake to the edge and edgeguards the **** out of him
diddy's bananas outrange snake's moves, the only way snake beats diddy is if he can contain bananas, meaning, he can't camp. meaning he's out of his element.

Will_

Smash Journeyman

Link please?

And DK is about even with Snake.

EDIT: nvm I found it. I'll pay for gas too if I can come along.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
olimar outranges snake and can force him to approach. and his grab **** all his moves.
ness can pretty much safely approach snake. fair beats ftilt and uptilt. i dunno if ness beats snake, but its close. characters with good aerial mobility that can get behind snake are hard for him. snake doesn't like people to be behind him, which is why ness/wario/ jiggs is a problem. snake still beats jiggs though simply because uptilt kills at like 80
DK has snake constantly worried about being spiked, and DK and kirby are the only characters than can kill snake at a decent percentage, kirby's just kirby. I think kirby's just a beast with few weaknesses besides huge windown lag when he misses his strong moves

dedede chaingrabs snake to the edge and edgeguards the **** out of him
diddy's bananas outrange snake's moves, the only way snake beats diddy is if he can contain bananas, meaning, he can't camp. meaning he's out of his element.
Platform camping shuts almost everything you said down. Put a grenade near your feet. A grenade in your hand. and a c4 on a near by platform (or on the ground near the platform you are standing on if you are on a platform). Then roar at the world.

Sensai

Smash Master
Man...I just randomed some OoT music. What a great collection of music.

Think it's time I play that game again...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Platform camping shuts almost everything you said down. Put a grenade near your feet. A grenade in your hand. and a c4 on a near by platform (or on the ground near the platform you are standing on if you are on a platform). Then roar at the world.
bananas > grenades
and kirby/wario/ness can weave in and out of the grenades and cause serious damage once they do get in.

grenade camping is good against dedede, but the matchup is close simply because dedede can do so much damage once he gets any grab

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Ness is even with Lucas on this one. Such travesty! Ness beats out anyone anytime any day, even that wimpy little kid.

Edit: And Wario is too low, imo.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

what is this tourney you are talking about? i cant find it.

now in regards to the tier list.
HELLYEAH Jiggs is 2 above lowest

HELLYEAH TOP OF B CLASS!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I feel like it's more accurate than the former, honestly. The bottom half is pretty arguable no matter what you do, so that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wario's not that good. :/

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I believe we all know the direction Brawl is going.

I'd advise you all to play Melee. So much better.

Top Bottom