• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

coach

Smash Apprentice
wow joot's trolling like me. I cant wait to lose a few months of my life to diablo 3. tf2 is awesome and i miss most of you. bb tuesday.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I am utterly DROOLING over Diablo 3. Do want Zealadins!

Also,
Sorry bout the owners too, they = new to this.
By no means did I mean anything negative towards the owners. Sorry if it came off that way. I just mean that they're just typical for this type of business. The repeat customers, pushing trade-ins, trying to be buddy-buddy; all of these are common in the LAN center/independant game store's practice. I personally don't care much for it since I don't have the money to spend in the first place, but it's good to know that they know their way in this business.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm very confident Paladins or something very very similar to Paladins will appear.

There are 5 classes right now, I'm expecting a pally, some caster, and some archer to appear.

Never know though, Druid or Assassin type class may show up. Or perhaps one of the above will show in an expansion.

coach

Smash Apprentice
the 20 minutes of gameplay video is so right. All i want the game for is the items and farming for them.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well i wasn't even really trying to make a joke. Im pretty certain thats how sheik's intended to be played.

i think they intended that in melee as well, (read sheik's trophy in melee, it says she has "no strong moves" :-P)
but somewhere down the line they decided to actually make sheik good individually.

they kind of did the opposite in brawl, with zelda actually being the good character. I think sakurai's reasoning was based on him thinking he'd solved the spam problem by bumping the defensive options up and overdoing diminishing returns.

Sakurai: "Now everyone will play the dual character as I intended!"

Dude: "But, Zelda's moves are really good and she can kind of stand on her own"

Sakurai: "It's okay if I break Zelda's moves, it's not like anyone's going to spam them."

coach

Smash Apprentice
where the hell do you even post so much? i'm thinking of playing d2 again with andy, i hate the ladder economy right after restarts though. Also they took out a fun glitch :(.

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Phantom said I should post here. The B-ham tournament was a fun experience and I'm definitely heading out to the next one. The players there told me something about a Huntsville smash community, I was wondering about that.

TheONEjanitor, I think I played you in pools of the Melee Columbus tourney, the one a week before Brawl came out.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hey guys, Phantom said I should post here. The B-ham tournament was a fun experience and I'm definitely heading out to the next one. The players there told me something about a Huntsville smash community, I was wondering about that.

TheONEjanitor, I think I played you in pools of the Melee Columbus tourney, the one a week before Brawl came out.
g4s5?
what character did you play?

coach

Smash Apprentice
doesn't pikachu want platforms against fox though? or is platform camping against shiek?

j00t

Smash Champion
Can Pikachu chaingrab Fox or Falcon at any percent on FD? I didn't think the little critter had anything really great against Fox except for tailspiking.

coach

Smash Apprentice
over the ledge harassment with jolt? back throw off the stage? if fox runs outta jumps he never hits the ground? ledge hopping neutral air? upthrow no di upsmash upsmash?

edit: oh and upair out of shield is ridiculous.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
WELL COM ON!! This is ya best chance to prove how your wario can get down with 50000000 snakes and overcome all of them
Ive seen what u said at the Mid South thread, you are pretty confindent bout your snake, if you are going to fast, I'll like to do some against him friendlies, I'll be there.

nice1

Smash Lord
Ive seen what u said at the Mid South thread, you are pretty confindent bout your snake, if you are going to fast, I'll like to do some against him friendlies, I'll be there.
O.K. kool we can do that. I look forward to seeing and playing you.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
O.K. kool we can do that. I look forward to seeing and playing you.
That sounds like music to my hears if and other Northern Alabama smashers are going I'll be glad to play ya'll, Just wanta see how good you guys are. I sure I wound be disappointed.:)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

Huntsville welcomes you. We're pretty active, so give a holler.

[and i hope everyone likes my new icon, because it's not going anywhere for a bit :p ]

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
Huntsville welcomes you. We're pretty active, so give a holler.
Thanks, I'm definitely looking for good players to practice with.

Hmm i dunno
lets see
at g4s5 i fought

hyperdragon
RAM
Tong
nesnobb
smooth criminal
IH

i thought that was it
Hmm, ok. I guess I just remember you from seeing your name on the pools blackboard, it reminded me of a Matrix-esque janitor.

Is anybody here going to the FAST1 tournament? I'd be more than willing to chip in for gas and a room.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I know that I'm not feelin' like drivin' up to the hunts this week.

You guys should totally come to my place (It's closer than Birmingham :O)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hey moogle, add my brother InTACT to the Brawl list.
he plays Ike and Ganondorf.
hopefully he'll post on here soon. he'll join in some smashfests soon.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
are we smashing this week?

nice avatar Rob ^.^
Moogle said that he was up for it and i'm up for it nearly anyday this week except wednesday. I'm going to the deathclock concert in Atlanta that day. But i think saturday is the most likely day, since i remember joot saying only saturday.

Rob also said saturday was good for him so ^^

I know that I'm not feelin' like drivin' up to the hunts this week.

You guys should totally come to my place (It's closer than Birmingham :O)
I'd be up for it, if everyone else wanted to car pool and drive there. It isn't fir that you have to keep driving all the way up here >.<

Top Bottom