• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

saintrage

Smash Cadet
@majist: Dude i think the only reason i actually liked that game was because its the onyl game that my sister and I actually played together extensively. We played 2 player and beat the game in like 5 hours. Mirror mode too. I never got really into mario cart 64, but i did love lego racers.

I liked legos at the time so it was only natural. But when i got it for PC i figured out a glitch on one level that was pretty nifty. It would teleport you across the finish line and into a wall, where you would proceed to be blasted through the wall into nothingness where the game doesn't know what to display so it shows you a bunch f weird ****, then it would go WHAM and set you back where you started. But since you had already crossed the finish line, it counted as a lap >.< my friends got so mad.

Also i have nothing to do tomorrow, so you wanna get together and play a little smash at your house or something? just for kicks.

CahPhoenix, play Melee :p

@T1J: You and i need to record some matches, i want to embarrass my self/actually see what i'm doing so i can study my playstlye and figure out my mistakes. Seriously i'll call moogle tomorrow and see if we can smash on Saturday, because that really is the best day for me.

Duchock i look forward to seeing you and T1j if you can come.

Lol this is a long post >.< but i just saw the gayest combo video ever, and now i want to play CF even more becuase of it. This is just Knee after knee after knee i mean. Scar is seriously a good falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

Edit: I had an idea, why didn't nintendo just add Lcancling to the game for non online play, since it would be to hard to do online anyway, and only add to more button mashing.. i mean its not like most people even know about it in either games. like 90% of all people who play smash have never heard of l canceling so none in online play would not have caused a huge uproar. I guess it probably has more to do with balancing the characters zzz than anything, but still, its not like every character in melee wasn't playable. Even gannon in brawl would be playable with l cancling.

Any other thoughts on this? we should all petition Nintendo for a patch :p l canceling in brawlz ftw w00t

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, after watching that (I've seen it before, but not in this light) i've pretty much determined i'm going to work on my Falcon. I think if I just get speedy with him it'll help a lot. And knowing my combos and such. We'll find out. :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@majist: Dude i think the only reason i actually liked that game was because its the onyl game that my sister and I actually played together extensively. We played 2 player and beat the game in like 5 hours. Mirror mode too. I never got really into mario cart 64, but i did love lego racers.

I liked legos at the time so it was only natural. But when i got it for PC i figured out a glitch on one level that was pretty nifty. It would teleport you across the finish line and into a wall, where you would proceed to be blasted through the wall into nothingness where the game doesn't know what to display so it shows you a bunch f weird ****, then it would go WHAM and set you back where you started. But since you had already crossed the finish line, it counted as a lap >.< my friends got so mad.

Also i have nothing to do tomorrow, so you wanna get together and play a little smash at your house or something? just for kicks.

CahPhoenix, play Melee :p

@T1J: You and i need to record some matches, i want to embarrass my self/actually see what i'm doing so i can study my playstlye and figure out my mistakes. Seriously i'll call moogle tomorrow and see if we can smash on Saturday, because that really is the best day for me.

Duchock i look forward to seeing you and T1j if you can come.

Lol this is a long post >.< but i just saw the gayest combo video ever, and now i want to play CF even more becuase of it. This is just Knee after knee after knee i mean. Scar is seriously a good falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

Edit: I had an idea, why didn't nintendo just add Lcancling to the game for non online play, since it would be to hard to do online anyway, and only add to more button mashing.. i mean its not like most people even know about it in either games. like 90% of all people who play smash have never heard of l canceling so none in online play would not have caused a huge uproar. I guess it probably has more to do with balancing the characters zzz than anything, but still, its not like every character in melee wasn't playable. Even gannon in brawl would be playable with l cancling.

Any other thoughts on this? we should all petition Nintendo for a patch :p l canceling in brawlz ftw w00t
L-Canceling in Brawl would throw off the mechanics of the game. they overhauled the way landing (and any kind) lag works in Brawl, and it was obviously intentional. They said "instead of making every move have little landing lag, we're going to make many of them have no landing lag, and many of them have lots of landing lag"
that=depth.

and GANON IS PLAYABLE, GEEZUS. Does anyone want to play my ganon?

saintrage

Smash Cadet
L-Canceling in Brawl would throw off the mechanics of the game. they overhauled the way landing (and any kind) lag works in Brawl, and it was obviously intentional. They said "instead of making every move have little landing lag, we're going to make many of them have no landing lag, and many of them have lots of landing lag"
that=depth.

and GANON IS PLAYABLE, GEEZUS. Does anyone want to play my ganon?
ya you're right, i forgot about those few moves with 0 landing lag. The problem is that it makes other moves not nearly as useful, even if they are strong attacks, and people try to only use the low lag attacks.. Fighting games have proven that many quick low dmg attacks is better than slow moving powerful attacks.

Thinking about how many characters would suffer from adding L-cancling, like fox, makes me realize that ya, it would be stupid to add L-cancling. The characters with quick attacks and low lag already would suffer by adding that. Even though Metaknight might be easier to deal with it would just throw off the game completely...**** i tried ^^

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Great matches again NES Noob, I feel a lot better about those fights lol. I could tell something wasn't right though, either you were holding back a bit or poor Falcons tier placement was shining through. It was actually a shame that you were fighting toe to toe with me using him when it was obvious you were the better player. It was actually easier to fight him with Ike than DK too, even though DK is my main. It looked like it was mostly impossible for you to combo Ike after a grab after about 40% or so, the Nair was shutting you down. I think the biggest difference was that you didn't have as many ways to play with Ike's gimplisous recovery though even still lol.

If you have any advice for me I'm all for it. And thanks for not wtfpwning me! =D
Yeah, Ike is a harder matchup for falcon. Anyone with disjointed hitboxes, range, or is small in stature gives Falcon a hard time. Ike has two of those. =( I won't john about it since it isn't too bad a matchup.

I guess either you got better or I wasn't doing as well. Either way nice games and I am not sure what advice I can give you. I would much rather see you playing other people to give you advice. I also am not that good at giving advice. <_< >_>

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Okay, someone tell me what "no johns" means please, I've never heard of "johning" before.

Oh by the way, I stalked you a little bit, awesome job on the mind games thread, I was laughing for a good 5 minutes.

Yes, I'd like to get into other characters, in Melee my top team was Luigi, Marth, and Shiek. I wasn't too happy with Shiek and Marth though because I felt like I was only playing them because I was good with them. I want to play as characters I truly like, tier only means so much to me. I don't play as Luigi much anymore because I can't maintain intrest with him, I was so used to the way he played in Melee I can't seem to re-figure him out. Hes got to be the most changed character from Melee to Brawl, not talking just nerf and buff wise.

Right now I'm trying to work with some projectile offense/defense characters. I've been working with Lucario, Wolf, T.Link, Lucas, and even Pit and Luigi sometimes. So far I'm not finding any love for them though, I end up just wanting to go back to DK and Ike, and get juggles and projectile spammed to hell and back.

CahPhoenix

Smash Journeyman
Johning is when you lose and make excuses. So when someone says no johns they mean, don't make an excuse if you lose. From very early in the games lifespan, i can't remember the dudes that started it...maybe skypal ppl, WA.

<-- Still wants to play.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ya you're right, i forgot about those few moves with 0 landing lag. The problem is that it makes other moves not nearly as useful, even if they are strong attacks, and people try to only use the low lag attacks.. Fighting games have proven that many quick low dmg attacks is better than slow moving powerful attacks.

Thinking about how many characters would suffer from adding L-cancling, like fox, makes me realize that ya, it would be stupid to add L-cancling. The characters with quick attacks and low lag already would suffer by adding that. Even though Metaknight might be easier to deal with it would just throw off the game completely...**** i tried ^^
In every good fighting game, you generally wittle your opponent with quick low damage or otherwise spammable attacks until you have opportunities to use your strong attacks. I think every character in brawl can do that pretty much to some extent.
Characters with moves that aren't usable simply are low-tier characters. every fighting game has them, even Melee. if you want to change the game just to make your favorite character better, i don't think that's a reasonable request.
any rate There are many characters with slow. laggy, powerful moves that are very useful (Ike, Lucas, DK, snake, etc.)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
well that was a nice little random disconnect from nintendo. it's okay cuz i'm going to eat dinner now.

gg's man. Ike dittos are fun. what was up with the items, though?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Yeah, Ike is a harder matchup for falcon. Anyone with disjointed hitboxes, range, or is small in stature gives Falcon a hard time. Ike has two of those. =( I won't john about it since it isn't too bad a matchup.

I guess either you got better or I wasn't doing as well. Either way nice games and I am not sure what advice I can give you. I would much rather see you playing other people to give you advice. I also am not that good at giving advice. <_< >_>
i think captain falcon is the worst character in Brawl

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Honestly I think DK has left a lot of his laggy moves behind. Aside from his two spiking air attacks hes got a wonderful balance with startup and finishing lag. Ike however maintains all the good lagness, thats why hes so hard to use in high end competetion. You have to focus on just a couple of his attacks for a long time, which can get repetitive and mess up mind games. Even still the fact that I've killed people with literally every single one of Ikes ground and air attacks is a good start at making up for that.

@Majist
I played his falcon yaaay! And even though I can tell its like the best falcon in existence, his tier placement was sadly very obvious to me. I played a strong match for him agains this Falcon, but his Luigi, Mario, and Fox commonly two stocked me.

Also those fights rocked, I have two replays from them. Sorry about the DC, apparently my Wii net had to take a dump on itself.

One more edit... Ganondorf is the worst character in Brawl, and I'm going to stand by it until proven otherwise.

ONE MORE EDIT... Majist a friend of mine wants to fight you.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
In every good fighting game, you generally wittle your opponent with quick low damage or otherwise spammable attacks until you have opportunities to use your strong attacks. I think every character in brawl can do that pretty much to some extent.
Characters with moves that aren't usable simply are low-tier characters. every fighting game has them, even Melee. if you want to change the game just to make your favorite character better, i don't think that's a reasonable request.
any rate There are many characters with slow. laggy, powerful moves that are very useful (Ike, Lucas, DK, snake, etc.)
I wouldn't want to change anygame to make myself happy, thats just silly, i was only trying to think of what the game would be like if L-canceling was actually there. And yes there are characters that are slow moving and still good, the ones you just mentioned. I'm just saying that their attacks require you to either mindgames your opponent into them, or combo into them. You can just keep throwing out an Ike up smash until it hits, unlike a snake F-tilt (comes out so fast >.<) or any metaknight.

Plus I play IC, there wouldn't be much diff in them if L-canceling was still in, except they would probably be lower tier.

On a different note, Lets try to decide how we are going to get to this tournament in Georgia and what we are doing about spending the night. I have a car that can fit 3 people and their luggage, as long as you pack light, my car is small. So in case we need an extra driver, I'm up to the task. I also and going to have access to my Dad's GPS in case we get lost or something >.>

1. Are we staying in a hotel or at a friends while we are there?
2. Who all is gonna be driving and how many people are going?
3. Do we all want to follow each other or just go our separate ways? Because I'm probably going to take the back roads over sand mountain to get to 75 and then go through Atlanta to get there.
4. Who wants to team with me 0o? i know i'm not amazing, but i'd like to do teams this time round.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
teams huh? i'll be red

wow. awesome team matches there. dual DK ftw:bigthumbu

I'm glad you had fun Majist. =D

I hope we can do it again before too long, did you notice all the victories made had me as a team member? And how did you like that Bowsercide I fed Snake while he was recovering lol. Ok ego moment over. Tons of fun again as usual. The DK moment was awesome as cake covered in money.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
God, what is with the wifi today? =(

GGs to you and your friends, but man is the connection bad. I will wait awhile till it gets better geez.
My Wifi is fine unless someone decides to start watching videos or surf all over the internet while I'm brawling. Sorry about the probs, I couldn't keep them off the comps for a while.

Another thing, its going to be a while before I can get some of my videos on the net. If anyone would like to see any of my 50 or so recorded videos just let me know now, I'm going to be adding my Wii Code to the forum here soon. Also, if anyone here is able to bring a couple of videos to the internet it would be greatly appreciated.

So in short, PM me or mention something if you want to be a Wii friend lemme know. I'll send you some choice replays and also some stages if you like. I have about 40 stages and around 30 of them are liked by all as all around pick and counter pick stages.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
You guys all together, how long are they going to be there? I'd love to get some more team battles in or maybe 1v1 them at some point through your Wii.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Cool if my friend gets ready to fight I'll send you a PM. He and I will automatically be green team in any team battle situation. We should also use a chatroom I know of to communicate easily as well.

Because I have NO IM MUHAHAHAHAHA.

(parasol) Sweet?

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
yeah thanks for wrecking me earlier, n00b... I think I mightve broken my controller when I threw it on the floor due to frustration

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
*raises hand*

I threw my controller at the couch the other day when he wasted my Ike with his Fox thanks to the shine gimping.

I was very happy to his kill Fox with Ike today, I think I even got the replay lol. I'm actually trying to learn anti gimp methods now, I think I killed n00b trying to gimp Ike a couple times today.

Outlaw Gryphon

Smash Rookie
I'm glad you had fun Majist. =D

I hope we can do it again before too long, did you notice all the victories made had me as a team member? And how did you like that Bowsercide I fed Snake while he was recovering lol. Ok ego moment over. Tons of fun again as usual. The DK moment was awesome as cake covered in money.
Lies and Slander, no it wasn't, etc.

Did I surprise you Majist when I busted out Sonic? (This is JDG from Kalms house)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So, uh...I think I'm going to secondary Lucario, despite the fact that I hate everything he stands for in his actual game.

Screw this ominous, Steel/Fighting aura crap; he's fun in the "I suck until I'm getting my *** handed to me" way.

I also may start using Zamus, but I'm not sure yet.

I got new internets, as well; someone needs to play me online.

Top Bottom