• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.... yes it seems the release date has got everyone in mixed moods. I can understand that cause i was looking forward to December myself.

On another note I got the "Orange Box" the other day for 360 and i must say it is a very good deal. 60$ for 5 FULL games is quite a deal, even if you have already played it on the PC its still worth it for both episodes and Portal and Team Fortress 2.

Anywho im rambling.... Arg i wish there were a way for me to travel to huntsville and play with you guys from time to time, but ah well.

Ah yes Moogle, i forgot to mention... very nice picture. The Detail is done very good. The detail reminds me of the art from "Children of Mana" for the DS.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Sensai are your parents here too? I want to smash some time but my mom isn't leaving until tomorrow afternoon. I don't know about tonight, I'm going to that play. Maybe we could just chill and play some video grames afterwards? I kind of want to play S+P again...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if there is another 3rd party character, my guess is it will be someone else from the sonic series.
i have doubts about anyone else

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Bah, I have homework to turn in before 11:00 PM in Physics (online). Sorry, but I can do it tomorrow for SURE, as I've already read the apology, and physics will be out of the way.

Sensai

Smash Master
I still believe it's gonna be Square Enix....I just can't really decide WHO. I mean, Mario Hoops had FF characters in it, but they were all minor, generic characters. A generic character doesn't, in my mind, belong in Smash. To me, a Moogle in there would be just as bad as a Goomba or a Hammer Bros.

So, it'd have to be FF1-6 (only ones on a Nintendo console) and I don't see it being from FF1 (as those would all be generic characters). I suppose it could also be from CC...but bleh.

Maybe it could be CHRONO?! No, probably not. I'm just joking. Perhaps someone from the Enix line? Eh...who knows.

And Bloshi: it's fine. I have a lot of Anthro reading to do anyways. Also, what's our HUMN homework? Is it just Apology?

j00t

Smash Champion
I still believe it's gonna be Square Enix....I just can't really decide WHO. I mean, Mario Hoops had FF characters in it, but they were all minor, generic characters. A generic character doesn't, in my mind, belong in Smash. To me, a Moogle in there would be just as bad as a Goomba or a Hammer Bros.

So, it'd have to be FF1-6 (only ones on a Nintendo console) and I don't see it being from FF1 (as those would all be generic characters). I suppose it could also be from CC...but bleh.

Maybe it could be CHRONO?! No, probably not. I'm just joking. Perhaps someone from the Enix line? Eh...who knows.

And Bloshi: it's fine. I have a lot of Anthro reading to do anyways. Also, what's our HUMN homework? Is it just Apology?
Too much speculation in this post, IMO. I think that we've gotten enough third party characters. :lick:

Sensai

Smash Master
Of course it's speculation. That's what Brawl is all about until it's released...pure, pull-it-out-of-my-*** speculation.

@ coach: I actually don't post nearly as much anymore. When I do post, though, I try to leave out as much speculation as I can. I tend to try to be the voice of cynicism.

@ moogle: If YOU got in, that'd be cool. I mean...jeah. I'd ****in' play you.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I believe its just apology, yes.

And um.... Yoshi is the new Marth, just look at his bair, and his dtilt is longer now. Fsmash already had incredible range...yeah.

skip430

Smash Cadet
I want to change who I main, I stopped playing Marth awhile ago. I now main Shiek and second Gannondorf.

Also, who lives near Birmingham and likes to smash? I like to play, but I don't play with anyone besides the people at my school where I am the best, and I am not that great. So if you live near Birmingham (relatively) and want to play, post on this board or PM me.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
B'ham is in the general range of Tuscaloosa, per se.

If you want to smash with us some time, let us know when you're available. I'm sure we could manage a game or three.

skip430

Smash Cadet
It's about 90 minutes I think, so I could do that some weekend, not sure how likely that is though but I can see. Also, I know advanced techniques, such as wave dashing, but I hardly use them except when I am playing luigi. I do shffl attacks a lot though, but it just isn't necessary to wavedash since I can win without it; I learned how to, but I am not proficient at it. I think I am decent with mind games though, but I want to play with different people b/c everyone at my school who is good knows each others style, so we can go a full minute without hitting each other because we know when each other are faking and when to spot dodge, so ya.

Edit: Moogle, are you saying that you live near Birmingham? Do you mean in Tuscaloosa or somewhere closer or... what?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Too bad...let's find a tourney in early-mid November mmkay? I'm going home Thanksgiving break. And now that Brawl is delayed we actually have more weekends available for tournaments. Yay optimism!

MacKendra

Smash Rookie

i'm right there with you, bro. i would love for cloud or vincent to be in there, but that wouldn't really fit the alphabetical order thing :/ and if crono or serge or glenn were in it, i would ****e my pants all over. or magus. god, magus. i would say sephiroth but that masamune is too friggin huge. b-b-b-broken. actually, i wonder if it could be crono rather than an FF character, based on the assumption that the pool of characters to choose from are in the 1-6 titles, because there are so many characters in say, FF6. that game has 12 playable characters and the game isn't really "centered" around just one of them, like chrono trigger is with crono. if they do choose to put an FF character in brawl, i would bet it would be someone like cloud or sora. serge would be so BA though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
i'm right there with you, bro. i would love for cloud or vincent to be in there, but that wouldn't really fit the alphabetical order thing :/ and if crono or serge or glenn were in it, i would ****e my pants all over. or magus. god, magus. i would say sephiroth but that masamune is too friggin huge. b-b-b-broken. actually, i wonder if it could be crono rather than an FF character, based on the assumption that the pool of characters to choose from are in the 1-6 titles, because there are so many characters in say, FF6. that game has 12 playable characters and the game isn't really "centered" around just one of them, like chrono trigger is with crono. if they do choose to put an FF character in brawl, i would bet it would be someone like cloud or sora. serge would be so BA though.
*facepalm*

What nintendo console has sephiroth or vincent appeared on?

And it would be the series name in japanese that would have to fit the alphabetical pattern.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
1. i know that. i never said they were from nintendo. snake's not on nintendo either, except for the first title... and twin snakes. shut up.
2. i didn't know that! i thought it was the character names, my bad. i would speculate more right now but i'm actually in class right now :chuckle:
3. nice sig :p i love the invader zim on your head

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
It's about 90 minutes I think, so I could do that some weekend, not sure how likely that is though but I can see. Also, I know advanced techniques, such as wave dashing, but I hardly use them except when I am playing luigi. I do shffl attacks a lot though, but it just isn't necessary to wavedash since I can win without it; I learned how to, but I am not proficient at it. I think I am decent with mind games though, but I want to play with different people b/c everyone at my school who is good knows each others style, so we can go a full minute without hitting each other because we know when each other are faking and when to spot dodge, so ya.

Edit: Moogle, are you saying that you live near Birmingham? Do you mean in Tuscaloosa or somewhere closer or... what?
bham is no more than an hour away from tuscaloosa.

just pop in your favorite cd in the player and you'll be here before its done

me munkus and anomaly play every now and then in tuscaloosa...and we could probably get thief over and maybe other tuscaloosa doods

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
1. i know that. i never said they were from nintendo. snake's not on nintendo either, except for the first title... and twin snakes. shut up.
2. i didn't know that! i thought it was the character names, my bad. i would speculate more right now but i'm actually in class right now :chuckle:
3. nice sig :p i love the invader zim on your head
Have I never shown you that picture? I'd post it here, but I forgot to copy my huge amount of pictures onto a CD while I was in huntsville. It's basically that guy from zim on munkus' head saying "I GONNA EAT YOU"

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Sora and Sephiroth were on the GBA in Kingdom Hearts. What up?!
I don't remember Seph being in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

It doesn't matter anyway, that was one GBA title that nobody played.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha.... i knew you guys would like that.

My favorite part is where Sonic is puking rings and where link says his lines from the cartoon show they used to have on TV "Well Excuse me Princess" :chuckle:.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Hahahahaha.... i knew you guys would like that.

My favorite part is where Sonic is puking rings and where link says his lines from the cartoon show they used to have on TV "Well Excuse me Princess" :chuckle:.
I KNOW!!! i laughed so hard when link said that. i have one of the VHS's that has two mario bros. episodes and "The Ringer" episode in between. link's such a prick in the animated series:laugh:

edit: @munkus: hah. he's got a zero and mmzero outfit. sigh..... if only 'twere true.

edit2: where the F*CK is my avatar!?!?!?:mad:

Top Bottom