• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
There is no direct route at all to Phenix city from tuscaloosa, holy poop.

3 hours would put me near atlanta or huntsvegas, so consider me nixed on going to that. Like hell am I driving there right after coming back from jacksonville.

coach

Smash Apprentice
To clarify, we don't have tournaments in North Alabama. We just have a lot of smashfests. So it's not like you're missing out or anything. Also, I apologize for making an assumption for people up here. I'm not he one in charge to make the decision of going, but I should be super busy with school this semester. Therefore, I'm only traveling a few times. Sorry for the confusion.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
geez, i would actually go to this one, but i believe i have other out-of-town plans i must honor.
crap, and this tourney is looking like it's gonna be pretty insane. wa wa waaaaaa....

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Sage, you could try Reflex's tourney in Phenix City, AL
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=114084

Still like 2 hours from Dothan or Troy.... I should be there, though. :p
Take me with yooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously, It's my fall break that weekend, so I could come with Sensai to Huntsville, then go with you to Reflex's, then get my grandparents in Atlanta to pick me up! It's the perfect plan!

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Anyone in HSV up for a few games tonight? I know that tomorrow will be Wednesday, but Wednesday just doesn't come around often enough. PM or hit me up on the cell.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Crazy.

You tuscaloosa fools want to smash weds? I'll give the r*pe guys a call and see if they want to join :O

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh man, I forgot tonight was movie night too. Free pizza (and they're gonna be watching children of men).

How about smash on thursday night?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's at my church, always on the first weds. of the month.

Weird ****ing movie.

At any rate, since tonight was a wash, how bout thursday?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Last night was probably the most enjoyable smashfest in recent memory. Good games and good times. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Sensai

Smash Master
Bloshi: Smash tomorrow night (Friday)?

[Edit:]

Also, do any Wii owners out there own Mario Strikers Charged? If yes, we should totally play.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yes i do Sensai, i think i already have your Wii # but since we need to put in another code for this game just send me yours on here via PM or just through Wii messages.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
did anyone enjoy fox's final smash as much as i did? that's pretty cool. probably would have been cooler if he could get in an arwing. but whatever. and the excitebike assist trophy is too cool. love oldschool.

Sensai

Smash Master
You know, it sounds as if someone on this thread might have Strikers...if only they would type in really big letters....why doesn't anyone do that?

And can't tonight, Bloshi. Sunday night? Mebbe?

[Edit:]

That's my Striker's code, don't wear it out!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Sunday will work if I can do all my homework today. So don't count on it. Besides I have to meet up with my lab partner Sunday to finish a lab. There's still a slight possibility.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well guys i blew up my car today.
so i wont be making it to many tourneys and smashfests with ya's for a while. :(
unless of course someone wants to come to tuscaloosa and pick me up.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I need to start organizing my trip to and from Phenix city. So, Moogle, what time are you leaving Huntsville, considering teams starts at 11 AM on Saturday? And Sensai when are you going down to Hunstville? I hope this first part comes together...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ok it didnt actually "blow up"
but it was on fire :-/

i had a transmission leak, and I think some fluid might gotten ignited

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
^^^dang. that's no good, man. mine didn't literally blow up either, but it might as well have. The cylinder head cracked and smoke was going everywhere, in a taco bell parking lot D:

on a more pleasant note, i can't wait for the tourney! i'm coming, hell or high water. it sucks that we can't practice teams munkus. i guess we'll just hope for the best :/
what should our team name be? up throw to rest?:laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
Stop tempting? Hm...I suppose doing the exact opposite couldn't hurt.

I might be able to come if there's any room in any of the 30 cars we're taking...

And Bloshi, I'm planning on driving down to Huntsville the 19th. somewhere around 5 or so.

Top Bottom