• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean no work today? I never had school or work off for this holiday...

Sensai I want to smash (or play other games) tonight. Yes, again.
Columbus day is a government holiday. The government is our customer, so I get government holidays off. Usually schools do too, or they get fall break sometime around now--don't they?

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Columbus day is a government holiday. The government is our customer, so I get government holidays off. Usually schools do too, or they get fall break sometime around now--don't they?
afraid not, bro. fall break is only thursday and friday:mad: i thought we'd get the whole week off but, no. we can't make things THAT convenient. i had to work this morning and i got classes all day. LAMEZORz. yeah, i said it!!! >:p

so, no smash for me.....:cry:

edit: btw, today's smash update is pimp. i'm really excited about zamus!!!!!!!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i finally got around to adding your Mario Strikers Code Sensai, so whenever you want to play just let me know some how.

I think you have my AIM name so you could contact me on there.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
sorry I couldn't make it anomaly :\

My doctor has told me that I shouldn't be moving around a lot. Plus I'm on painkillers for the time being, so I can't really drive anywhere anyway.

Woo!

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
SO SMASH AT YOUR PLACE?
j/k. no it's fine, i had just hoped we could have gotten more people ;p

ps: i hope you get better

AT SMASH!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
omfg videogamers all over the world have just cheered for joy
SONIC for the ****ing win

i bet someone money he'll be high tier

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Um. I'm not really a big Sonic fan, but I gotta say that his moveset looks awesome! What's funny is that I think playing adventure mode with Sonic will probably be a better experience than Sonic's last three games.

@munkus: I think JWT is being sarcastic.
@JWT: you're being sarcastic, right?

Sensai

Smash Master
JWT wasn't be sarcastic. He was being cynical...as he should be. Nintendo usually screws us a little bit before delivering the goods.

And Munkus, thanks for showing me that. It calms me.

ALSO, another thing to note: the Japanese shopping season doesn't begin until AFTER December (in January, I believe), whereas ours begins in November or so. Meaning a delay until January makes sense for them...but would not for us.

Either way, the conference today should tell us. It does seem odd that they would change the date to 'TBA' for no reason, though...

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The only reason to worry is that there is a TBA now on the NA site.

However, it would not make sense to release Brawl after Christmas in NA. And Sensai is right. The week in Jan. where brawl would come out is the *** version of our Black Friday. Except it's a week long.

Timing.

j a p is edited here? Good Lord it's an abbreviation you flaming douchebag forum editing cantrag.

What is a cantrag? Think about it, gentlemen. It's a feminine hygene product.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh and for post 100, I will point this out to anyone who didn't realize it.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_20.gif

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif

There is no 19

Yet

EDIT:

Also, to those of you paying attention, the new series are done alphabetically in Japanese.
15. Doubutsu no Mori
16. Made in Wario (MEIDO IN WARIO) [Full title - Odoru Made in Wario]
17. Metal Gear (METARU GIA)
18. Palutena no Kagami (PARUTENA NO KAGAMI) [Full title - Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami]
19. ???
20. Sonic the Hedgehog (SONIKKU ZA HEJJIHOGGU)

Anything can be in that 19 from Pa to So.

So we can get either Phoenix Wright or Megaman (Rockman) in that slot.

And I'm banking on Rockman, but hoping for Phoenix.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Well, It doesn't look good, Munkus. I read Gamespots' piece and went to Japan's Dojo page. My take is that Brawl really could slip it's Dec. 3 release date. Other than announcements, I'd watch for an edit to the original Dec. 3 announcement on the Dojo. If that gets changed, there's really no question.

Sakurai's own words on the Dojo are "There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident." If there's one thing software does well, it's get delayed. I invite Sakurai to prove me wrong.

Oh, and thanks for stretching the frame on the is board with that stupidly huge image. Now I have to scroll to read and can't resize.

Oh, speaking of images hosted at the Dojo:

there is no 13 either. I did find these:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_05.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_15.gif

F-Zero and Animal Crossing.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
13 would be game and watch, as it is before ice climbers and after fire emblem.

5 there is captain falcon, as you probably know, since samurai goro made an appearance (and captain falcon is a shoe-in). 15 represents animal crossing.

And I expected this forum software to make it so only that post broke the h-scroll, alas that is not the case.

EDIT:

Here are all the images, lined up nice and neatly:

I go back on what I said earlier about phoenix wright, as his series begins with a G in japanese. I'm willing to bet cash money prizes that it's Megaman in some shape or form to fill in that last slot.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
And because I do so love to push the rumor mill.

Well, Sakurai and team finally made it official: Sonic is in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Apart from the ridiculous battles that are sure to ensue, I'm excited because it confirms the cross-over approach we suspected when first hearing about the "X" (cross) in the Japanese title of the game. Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at, it's keeping secrets. With most of the game rooted firmly in the last game's fighting mechanics, you can bet that the developers are making sure the roster of fighters feels fresh.

j00t

Smash Champion

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
The only reason to worry is that there is a TBA now on the NA site.

However, it would not make sense to release Brawl after Christmas in NA. And Sensai is right. The week in Jan. where brawl would come out is the *** version of our Black Friday. Except it's a week long.

Timing.

j a p is edited here? Good Lord it's an abbreviation you flaming douchebag forum editing cantrag.

What is a cantrag? Think about it, gentlemen. It's a feminine hygene product.
sorry to double-post, but you are too funny, will. and don't be depressed if it's megaman. that's what i've been wanting ever since ssb64. megaman x would be better, but if megaman is in this game too, then i'm going to die because there are too many characters for me to main now:mad: first there was link (of course), then snake, zamus, ike, and now megaf*ingman. i know it's just a rumor but i already have my hopes up. i wouldn't be true to myself if i didn't main him. i'm a megaman freak.:dizzy:

what would phoenix do anyway? his special move could be pointing at a character and screaming, "OBJECTION!!", and make the enemy freeze with a look of fear and defeat.
...well he could :p

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
That's right Munkus. There are many composers from other companies writing for Brawl and this does seem to hint at what to expect from the roster. In fact, I wrote a blog entry about that in May:

http://skate-or-die82.livejournal.com/54049.html?nc=1

There are composers from various CAPCOM games on that list. Masafumi Takada did the music for Killer7, a personal favorite of mine. There's also composers from NiGHTS, Kingdom Hearts, CronoTrigger, Grandia, Romancing SaGa, etc. It's a curious list, really. Why involve so many different people unless there's something going on?

For GIF lovers, I present THE best GIF ever:

GIF Lovers Pizza!

@HSV: Any more Fall Break festivities? Give this man a holler.

@coach: GET ON MY LEVEL

j00t

Smash Champion

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
there's no reason to expect any other third party characters.
sonic makes sense, and snake was a surprise that they annouced early on. and the only reason snake's in it is because hideo kojima has been begging them for a decade to put him in.
as for anyone else...i'd be surprised if there are any other third party characters
i'll take that megaman bet.
i HIGHLY doubt megaman is in this game

Sensai

Smash Master
I would actually be surprised if there wasn't another 3rd party represented. More specifically, and this is crazy talk I know, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a SquareEnix character in there. They've been showing a lot of love to Nintendo as of late and they're doing music for it too...

Oh, wait, this isn't the Brawl boards? Oh...err....

Bloshi, Smash tonight?

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
it was my understanding that it was confirmed that there would be 3 third party characters in brawl, or am i wrong? i was thinking the same thing sensai is, too. i think there's a pretty decent chance of a square character being thrown in, like sora. god forbid it'd be yuna or rikku! D:

edit: and this is JUST a thought, but i was thinking if a street fighter character could be a possiblity, like ryu? i know there's not even a hint of evidence to support this, but...meh. whatever, i do what i want.

edit 2: wow, i forgot why i was gonna post in the first place. ahem... munkus is back in town for the weekend and wants to smash tonight, i believe. problem is, i don't know where, and you guys might not want to since tomorrow is saturday :/ BUT, i would love to smash tonight because i will be out of town tomorrow, so it would be really cool if you guys played tonight for me!!!!! :bigthumbu so rob? moogle? anyone wanna smash tonight? ...at rob's, maybe? or moogle's? if either of you would like to host, just say so. i know this is inviting ourselves, and if you don't want to host, i can. whatever you guys wanna do, but you should SMASH TONIGHT blarghablargablarg

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@MacKendra: I'm sure we haven't seen everything yet. Square looks like a possibility. We'll see. I wrote in my blog in May about how cool it would be to play as Ryu or Viewtiful Joe or Leon S. Kennedy. Seeing a true Nintendo vs. Capcom crossover would go over well in my world.

Anyone ever import Dream Mix TV World Fighters? It had Snake, Simon Belmont, and Optimus Prime. Prime for Brawl, anyone?

@EVERYONE: I would be glad to host a smashfest tonight. Come on down! I will also yield to Moogle's invitation if he makes one since his place tends to attract more players. However, if it's at my house, there will be pizza.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Looks like I was right. "Don't talk stupid ****.", as you said.
It's even further back from Jan. 10. I didn't like the rumor mongering that was going around after the Japanese announcement, and I used evidence to support my claim. At any rate, I'd rather be wrong while following logic than right and trusting that random postulations of madmen.

Shannon: The statement was 'there will be at most 3 3rd party characters,' or something to that effect. It's not a confirmation so much as a limit. Sakurai still wants to keep this game very much nintendo, but has no problem opening the doors a wee bit.

Given that the game is delayed, we have a lot longer time for updates. So it's possible that sakurai will dip into the stocks of hidden characters to make up for lost time.

Top Bottom