• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Well, I have classes on Friday until 1:00 PM (Physics, bleh...). I'm also going to be up late tonight doing a lot of work (its always like this Thursday night, maybe that says something about my study habits...), and I will probably want a nap in my ultra-comfy bed before we go. The matress sucks, but the comforter is...****ing...PERFECT!!!!!!! I could go on for hours describing the unique weight and feel of the comforter, but I don't know if you guys are comforter connoisseurs like me.

So yeah, I'll probably call you when I'm ready. I'll also have to pack some clothes.

I guess I'll just spend the nights wherever they're available. I would like to spend Monday night at Sensai's though because we go back to Sewanee on Tuesday. I have no preference on what day the smashfest happens as I'll probably be smashing all weekend, or playing other video games. Yay fall break!!!!!!!!! I hope I get to play everyone here at some point or another!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Because everyone here double posts, I decided to do it too. I'm just giving my opinion on how good Yoshi is in Brawl. Well, for a character to be good, all they need are a few good moves, like Fox (uair, usmash, downb, nair) or Marth (fair,fsmash,grabs). Well, Yoshi already has one! Behold the range!!!!:

Is your foot as big as your body? I think NOT!

Sensai

Smash Master
Bloshi, I'd rather leave sooner over later...so, would you pack like today? Or at least, make it so we can get outta here ASAP?

There's Smashing to be done in Huntsville, so let's get there ASAP!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys decided where your going to smash at ?

Cause if so I might try and talk to my friend to stop by for alittle bit cause its been way to long since ive played smash.

I also promise no getting down and not wanting to play, ill play regardless cause i dont plan on getting any better at Melee anywho. When Brawl comes out ill put more effort into that.

Ooops.... i also forgot to mention what day have you guys agreed on ?

coach

Smash Apprentice
We have a couch here and wireless. If you want me to talk to our room mates me and moogle will see what we can do.

edit: you have to be chill.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey guys halo 3 is the shizzle
well its kind of exactly the same as halo 2, but halo 2 is the shizzle so..

i want to play smash

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I'm chill, I'm chill. I'm good at shutting up when others want me to.

Hey Sensai, I think I'll actually just call you when my classes end instead of going right over there. I don't know if I will have had breakfast, so I might want lunch before we go.

Yeah, where is this going to be, anyways?

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm chill, I'm chill. I'm good at shutting up when others want me to.

Hey Sensai, I think I'll actually just call you when my classes end instead of going right over there. I don't know if I will have had breakfast, so I might want lunch before we go.

Yeah, where is this going to be, anyways?
Coach's place.

I LUB YOU SENSAI!!!!! ZOMG! That aside, I can't wait to smash tomorrow.

Also, GGs last night. Was a good night with my Ness/GnW/Fox/CF/Sheik/Falco randomness. :p

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Ah awesome its ganna be at coaches. I still somewhat remember where that is.

Ummm.... would be alright if i stopped by and play with you guys if my friend doesnt mind ?

Also, Andy i have a new cell number now, would you like me to give it to you or just meet in the arcade like last time.... that is if im welcome ?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Coach's place.

I LUB YOU SENSAI!!!!! ZOMG! That aside, I can't wait to smash tomorrow.

Also, GGs last night. Was a good night with my Ness/GnW/Fox/CF/Sheik/Falco randomness. :p
lol, team ness's and fox's=iNsAnItY:psycho:
Anyone else craving a Big Mac?
HELL no. whopper all the way. big macs are the size of my closed fist.

is there a set time things are goin down tonight or are we just kinda waiting for bloshi and sensai to get here? andy, plz call me:grin:

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I missed you too. Things are pretty hectic and I probably won't be smashing until after Halloween. I'll be on business travel next week and my week thus far has been full of preparations, both personal and professional. Wish me safe travel and I hope to see y'all soon.

Also, and I know I'm basically spamming at this point, but if anyone's interested Office Depot has a sweet deal on Xbox 360s this week. I bought one. I can PM or post details if anyone's interested.

And Shannon, don't worry. I'm not really into FPS's. Here's what I will be playing on 360:

Skate ('cause it's a SIM and not some corny Hawk game)
Ace Combat 6
Resident Evil 5
Settlers of Catan
Street Fighter II HD Remix (online)
Ikaruga (even though I already play it on GC)
Rez (because everything is better in HD)
Marble Blast Ultra

spam end.
RE5 is on the 360, too?! well crap, send me a pm about it too, then, cuz i really wanted to play it but i'm NOT about to get a ps3. hell no.

edit: i double-posted again. i'm sorry. :/

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That was fast. The 360 should be here today and I ordered it on Monday. The first game I play will not be a Halo or a Tom Clancy game or an XBL arcade game. It will be Skate. Nollie heelflip crooks FTW.

@ Majist: everything's on the 360 nowadays. they even got Katamari now.

Did anyone go to that UAH LAN party thing last night? I forgot to post about it, but it was at CCRH and there was an event on Facebook. The main events were Halo and Melee.

By the way, I recently encountered a statistic that mentioned Brawl as being the number one anticipated game on any platform. I expect it to bring a lot of new blood into the scene.

Sensai

Smash Master
Posting in the middle of math...haha.

Ok, so we'll be arriving in Huntsville cerca 3:00 or so. I'm gonna stop by the house to drop **** off, but then...when?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
The 360 pretty much ate the Playstation's game library, and left Sony with nothing. Sony was out-profit mongered, its the truth.

And I am pleased to announce that the next DDR will NOT be on the PS3, but on...the PS2! Yay!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That was fast. The 360 should be here today and I ordered it on Monday. The first game I play will not be a Halo or a Tom Clancy game or an XBL arcade game. It will be Skate. Nollie heelflip crooks FTW.

@ Majist: everything's on the 360 nowadays. they even got Katamari now.

Did anyone go to that UAH LAN party thing last night? I forgot to post about it, but it was at CCRH and there was an event on Facebook. The main events were Halo and Melee.

By the way, I recently encountered a statistic that mentioned Brawl as being the number one anticipated game on any platform. I expect it to bring a lot of new blood into the scene.
WHAT?! smash at UAH? coach, did you know about it? that sux, we could have ***** face.:mad:
THE legendary ness/fox team... took 1st at innsomnia 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpyiw0SK8U
wow. those two were really good players. i loved the laser healing, lol.
Posting in the middle of math...haha.

Ok, so we'll be arriving in Huntsville cerca 3:00 or so. I'm gonna stop by the house to drop **** off, but then...when?
lol, i love posting in class. it's so naughty;)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
guys I really need to play more melee.
cuz when I'm not playing.
I start speculating about brawl.
and we all know that only leads down a bad road

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Argh, I slept 16 straight hours today.

That's ****ed up.

Ugh.

No smash for me this weekend it seems :|

Majist

Smash Journeyman
hey you h-ville blokes should come to tuscaloosa sometime
we're planning on it-- for the 10th
actually, if some of my other plans fall through, i am thinking of coming to see you t-towners. can't say when though

edit: and there's nothing wrong with speculation. it's fun-for-all!!!
so in case no one has seen a video with ike in it, here ya go. he looks slow as hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iinjo21m3Jw

but awesome.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
OMFG Andy's in cash battle!!!! They called you Isaiah!!!!!:rotfl:

edit: "luck is for f@gs" andy NEVER says such things! i can't stop laughing. is that really Mike G? where was this filmed?

edit2: oh, now that i've seen the credits, i guess that's not really Mike G. haha.....
i'm dumb.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
That was not just to piss you off.

Here, I'll make it up for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkKxZd0Mro

Sweet guitar riff, bro.
holy crap that's ****ing awes-- hey wait no no!!! you can't just distract me and get away like that!!!! where do you find these pre-updates, PA? that SUCKS!!! why would they do that!!!?! it's a ****ing bunch of ****ing bull**** god****it that's the LAMEST character they could EVER come up with. and what would be worse is if i actually LIKED his attack set and he turns out to be god tier. i'll kill myself. i swear i'll kill myself!!:mad::mad::mad:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I did find it at PA.

Because that's where it was born.

From lies, shannon. LIES

3GOD

Smash Ace
moogle - it seems there is not much on the horizon for smash tournaments. You should turn one of these smashfests into a tournament and let some people from MS, TN, and GA know about it. Just make sure you check with me on the date before you decide when to do it.

PS - we haven't played in too long.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
holy crap, did AL explode or something? i refuse to leave this thread on page 2!!!!
munkus: i think i'm going to brandon's the weekend after halloween. let me know if you have plans or any interest. there are a couple of smashfests going down and fullmetal is hosting a tourney.
moogle: are we smashing tonight? i want to come as early as possible cuz i can't stay very late. blarg.

Top Bottom