• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wah so you ARE still alive. Twas worried about your car issues and worried it brought an end to you lol.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
i feel special that im even remembered, but my car issues have long since been resolved, its the parental that cast me out of the runnings (they sold my wii and game while i was at work, and now i have the chance to buy the game for 15 dollars!!! trying to get up the money now.....Since then i have been playing blazblue (xbox 360, so people should add me "dark physicianx) /dynasty warriors and pokemon nonstop.....alongside with work and such

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude reimii lol whats up maaann??!!

tell me how iron brawl goes.

this sucks i cant go.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's Reimeii. Yay. I feel less lonely now.

Side note: I caved in and bought mother 3 today. My id is satisfied for the moment.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
GA dudes i dont even know what tournament you guys are talking about in florida next weekend lol. can we start making plans cuz im gonna need alot of them to get to florida, also how much is bus fare etc etc.

also why am i posting this in the AL thread?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also triple post to say **** you were right raf about the bengals, we were just getting carried by an easy schedule and now with a loss to a WEAK steelers team idk how we're gonna carry out a win against the ravens twice and a better pittsburg.

on top of not screwing up against the rams or texans (both decent teams at least)

so yeah the playoff picture is grim for us. i thought we had it in us ugggg. good call though, raf. i can see why your fantasy football team is doing good loool.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, my team basically loses if you send Wolverine first as it depends on keeping you out and there's no way to avoid Wolverine not beginning the match in your face.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm actually gonna get UMVC on PS3 rather than 360 as the people I played with don't play anymore and I still have friends who play it on PS3. I do not look forward to relearning Doom.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why are tournaments on 360 and not ps3?

playstation pad is like what mvc2 was used on.

im pretty sure thats like if we all converted to wii motes for brawl.
cuz that xbox pad is wack yo

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im pretty sure most fighting game tournaments are on ps3 and most FPS tournaments are on Xbox, but most serious competitors use arcade sticks anyway

i doubt i'll ever buy a ps3 unless i find one super cheap from someone

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
why are tournaments on 360 and not ps3?

playstation pad is like what mvc2 was used on.

im pretty sure thats like if we all converted to wii motes for brawl.
cuz that xbox pad is wack yo
"Pad" players on XBox generally use the joystick, which is infinitely better than PS3's.

Also T1J is correct about the competitive standard, although local level tournies are commonly played on XBox because people have XBoxes.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
that one SRK tourney i went to was played on xbox. idk why. i think there was a lot of complaints though.
but most people just had sticks anyways. my friend bought a stick but says that if he becomes a notable player that he wants to be reppin pad play and try to bring it back or some **** idk.

anyways i just use joysticks on controllers if i dont have a fight stick someone lets me use. its like on fight sticks you have a joystick anyways what is so hard about using the joystick on the controller? i like it alot better than controller pads anyways. ***** all i used was joysticks for every game i played on playstation console i aint bought to change up cuz some fighting game bull ish is like "yo man this **** is pro as **** you cant be usin that joystick no more this **** is pro as **** *****"

**** that

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hitting large buttons in different places is weird for me. I grew up playing fighters on a controller, so that is probably what I will do forever. I don't notice a significant difference in execution potential outside of things like 360 motions.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah im pretty sure thats how most of us grew up playing.
theres only a small number of people who grew up playing fighting games in an arcade i feel like.
but sticks do look cool haha. and maybe the larger buttons are easier to use rather than depending on smaller buttons when execution is so important idk.

anyways controller joysticks for life yall

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah i'm a pad player, i think the advantage that stick users have is a small one, but its still there. there's no question that you can press button combinations faster, and do weird stuff like plinking

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hitting large buttons in different places is weird for me. I grew up playing fighters on a controller, so that is probably what I will do forever. I don't notice a significant difference in execution potential outside of things like 360 motions.
I always thought this until I tried playing Carl in Blazblue. I tried remapping my drive button to a shoulder button, but I still couldn't do the hold->input->release inputs while doing other inputs to combo.

To a lesser degree, I had trouble charging Zero's buster in Marvel (but not Megaman in MvC2) and El Fuerte's Quesedelia Bomb in Street Fighter.

nice1

Smash Lord
yeah i'm a pad player, i think the advantage that stick users have is a small one, but its still there. there's no question that you can press button combinations faster, and do weird stuff like plinking
you can plink on a pad, and some people would agree saying you can press buttons on a stick quicker then on pad while others will disagree but at the end of the day its preference.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wouldn't think an arcade stick would help when you play brawl though, considering the motions aren't very difficult.
I wonder if it would make stuff like instant pivot grabbing or the ridiculous Dedede infinite easier for some people.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The control system isn't counter-intuitive to playing Smash like playing it on a Dance Pad would be. It comes down to preference, I would imagine.

Top Bottom