• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i would TOTALLY house you guys ugg it makes me irritated that i cant :(

also, janjan, i lurked your FB and saw Pragmtism as one of your interests. want to discuss it further in detail to me? i never get to talk philosophy.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
The only really interesting thing I've heard about it is Kill Confirmed. I like that idea.
Kill Confirmed is AMAZING. It's perfect for people like me, who care more about killing people than capturing flags or defusing bombs, but still want to play a teamwork-based gametype.

Since you have to retrieve dog tags of falling friends and enemies, you rarely see people hiding in corners all game, and the team who wins is always the team who's playing a more teamwork inspired strategy. It's perfect.

It does however, discourage sniping and long range play. But, again if you are playing as a team this could be done.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
i would TOTALLY house you guys ugg it makes me irritated that i cant :(
No worries Slam! Cheap is housing us now, thankfully. Wish you were coming to the tourney this weekend but I'm sure you'll be having way more fun doing other things ;) Also, I'll contact you about the Orlando tourney. You might want to talk to Reflex about carpooling to GA... not sure if it'd save you gas money or not. I assume driving to his place and taking one car to GA would save all you gas but I dunno where you live in relation to each other, might want to consider it though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No worries Slam! Cheap is housing us now, thankfully. Wish you were coming to the tourney this weekend but I'm sure you'll be having way more fun doing other things ;) Also, I'll contact you about the Orlando tourney. You might want to talk to Reflex about carpooling to GA... not sure if it'd save you gas money or not. I assume driving to his place and taking one car to GA would save all you gas but I dunno where you live in relation to each other, might want to consider it though.
Tell Chaz I'm beating him this time.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Kill Confirmed is AMAZING. It's perfect for people like me, who care more about killing people than capturing flags or defusing bombs, but still want to play a teamwork-based gametype.

Since you have to retrieve dog tags of falling friends and enemies, you rarely see people hiding in corners all game, and the team who wins is always the team who's playing a more teamwork inspired strategy. It's perfect.

It does however, discourage sniping and long range play. But, again if you are playing as a team this could be done.
I'm with Janitor. I was skeptical when I first heard about the idea, but now that I've played it, Kill Confirmed has become probably my favorite gametype. It is a lot of fun and supports almost every style of play. You CAN play long ranged, just use a support class and pump out pointstreaks for your team. The sniper on my team who gets up an Advanced UAV is probably my favorite guy.

Also, the double EXP thing from Mountain Dew is awesome. I got my roommates to save bottlecaps for me, so I have almost continuous double XP :3

On a slightly related note, I really like the orange Game Fuel. The green one isn't nearly as good

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Most cars are 5-seaters, so I don't think it's full, Ed. We should probably try to be out of the ham before 9 if we want to make it to Tuscaloosa on time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
my number is 205-356-2509
my address is 1639 11th Place South (apt P, but i'll come out if you're near)
birmingham, alabama, 35205

i'll get up around 8. call me or text me when you're on the way or near.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm going to be making it to the tournament tomorrow. I gave Luis the drinks and the money box to take up there with him. No reason to panic; all the other TOs know what needs to be done and how to do it.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i wont have a phone but ill be up at 7, just post when you're on your way.but if you do need further directions my dad's number is 2055630643 and he wont mind helping out o3o

edit: well im up. you on your way george?(notices you're viewing the thread)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'll be watching the stream. I just wouldn't of had anyway of having any cash on me until evening today, despite the tournament being free I'd hate to mouch and get a "free ride".

Top Bottom