• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why does no one ever really hit snake when he is recovering SUPER high like at the ceiling.
SNAKE SHOULD BE SO BAD RIGHT THEN
but its always /chase chase chase swing airdodge swing airdodge instant ground game/

this is so stupid why has no one figured out how to consistantly punish this yet. i know i cant but it just seems like it would be such an easy thing to do. i just think snake shouldnt be able to get out of that lmao.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's his fallspeed. Makes his airdodge really powerful in getting him back to the stage. And if you hit him, he goes back up and tries again.

That being said, that's one of the times he's most vulnerable and juggle set-ups are a major weakness for Snake.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
The problem with trying to use an arcade stick for Smash Bros. is that arcade sticks generally have an 8-way digital input for directions. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but analog input is very important for Smash Bros. in how it controls. Or do you guys just want to play like sideways Wii Remote?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
why does no one ever really hit snake when he is recovering SUPER high like at the ceiling.
but its always /chase chase chase swing airdodge swing airdodge instant ground game/

this is so stupid why has no one figured out how to consistantly punish this yet. i know i cant but it just seems like it would be such an easy thing to do. i just think snake shouldnt be able to get out of that lmao.
I thunder him :cool:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

most characters can't reach him that high, even multi jump characters run out of jumps before they catch him, but yeah, most the time snake gets gimped is when he gets knocked low enough to where the opponent can easily intercept his double jump/cypher. in general, though, double jump cypher boosts you to the ceiling so high and so quickly that nobody (except pikachu) can reach you.
but snake still sucks at being the air, and he still sucks at falling, so you're still at an advantage

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
i kinda want to try wario in tournament. I play him in friendlies all the time he's funn
Wario's style is just so conducive to brawl's competitive gamepaly. If what you're trying to do isn't working, then just stay away from you're opponent. However, my brother goes in against most ppl he plays & still scrapes them up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so i played some online matches with this guys's sonic. and he pretty much 2 and 3 stocked me, then he explained the matchup to me in great detail, and I started going even with him and even beating him some.

maybe thats why i'm not good at this game, i just legit don't know the matchups

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I don't know most matchups. I just try to play smarter than my opponent, and predict stuff so i can punish. It's become easier for me to succeed regardless of knowing matchups since i play ICies (get a grab and make the most of it), but even when I play other characters, I usually just try and play smarter. Despite that, knowing what you should be doing in matchups definitely increases your effectiveness. When you learn aspects of a matchup, you learn what can be done to wall certain characters, or how to get gimps; & those tips will always increase you're win rate against some characters imo
~ I haven't played brawl since Ausom 4... I want to learn new desynchs and Fox, so not being able to play makes me sad...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just feel like there's some really obvious thing about this game that I'm missing, like i'm waiting to have my moment of clarity.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i can give you about 500 moments of clarity with brawl.
i always seem to get them then they stop working.
its like im looking for all the answers and none of them are there. im just too unsure of myself sometimes i feel like.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hey Huntsville people, whenever you guys plan on going to melee tournaments, tell me so. I actually have money for stuff now.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm starting to feel like playing online might be more worthwhile than I imagined, as long as youre able to learn when "online stuff" is happening as opposed to regular stuff

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i mean, you know what is wifi and what isnt.
its not hard to tell the difference. thats hwy so many people complain so much on there. because they know some random **** shoudlnt be happening when it does lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ally still plays wifi all the time.
so does koolaid idk almost all the pros do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think a few nationally ranked players get on AIb and play 30 or so matches to get eligibile for playoffs and then quit.

A lot of "regionally good" players are on there though. Like in a typical chat room you'll see a lot of recognizable name. Most of them claim they're there just out of boredom though and don't consider online legitimate.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think a few nationally ranked players get on AIb and play 30 or so matches to get eligibile for playoffs and then quit.

A lot of "regionally good" players are on there though. Like in a typical chat room you'll see a lot of recognizable name. Most of them claim they're there just out of boredom though and don't consider online legitimate.
This, pretty much.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah there are alot of good people on there almost all the time.
your chances of getting them to actually play are kind of slim though. but i get them to somehow. : D its a kind of acquired skill though.

raf can you PM me your number because i got a new phone and dont have it, but i would love to make plans to smashfest sometimes.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've got a better PC now though, lol

tbh I forgot about that game, I could redownload it and stuffs

Edit: Actually I'll begin tomorrow since Eve comes out.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh and btw, is Elsword (The Character) still blowing the other characters out of the water when it comes to popularity or PvP? Or is it Rena now like on the German servers?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
looots of Ravens.

still a good chunk of Elswords too...

and some Aisha who do nothing but troll.

but a TON of Windsneakers(Rena), try to spam Nature Force to win.

and the PvP(and exp) revamp so people like me dont have to sit in a room for an hour for a match only for the person to immediatley leave because they're just that scared of me x.x

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
kk I think I'll resume EM Aisha and Eve. Though I'm sure there will be nothing but Eve from tomorrow on out

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So like, I'm having the hardest time downloading the client. Everytime I click it I just get a time out error. :<

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh it seems a couple of people are having the same issue. I guess I won't be playing today ;-;

Top Bottom