• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I appear to be getting better at AE. I am constantly learning things. I just broke the threshold for Top 1000 Vega players on XBox Live. While it doesn't mean I'm very good (~3400 BP), I do feel a sense of accomplishment, and I do feel like I have a solid understanding of the game now. :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I appear to be getting better at AE. I am constantly learning things. I just broke the threshold for Top 1000 Vega players on XBox Live. While it doesn't mean I'm very good (~3400 BP), I do feel a sense of accomplishment, and I do feel like I have a solid understanding of the game now. :)
Gamertag?

I could play with you and help you if need be.

Mine is xSerinx. Just send a friend request and I'll accept it whenever I get on.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh, and BP isn't really really hard to get until you hit B and upwards.

B is =5000 BP.

PP is what matters most. PP of about ~1600 shows about the average to below average player.

2000+ is what those who have a good understanding of the game have and are knowledgeable about matchups and their character.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, and BP isn't really really hard to get until you hit B and upwards.

B is =5000 BP.

PP is what matters most. PP of about ~1600 shows about the average to below average player.

2000+ is what those who have a good understanding of the game have and are knowledgeable about matchups and their character.
I figured. I just meant that I am constantly learning things and do feel like I'm getting better. It is nice, even though I just as often get creamed and think, "That's just silly."

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
At your parent's place right? Because your place is an hour away I think... just making sure. And yeah, we'll have TVs and Wiis with us and I'd be k with the garage even if it's cold. It's STILL much better than sitting around for 3+ hours somewhere. And I hate the cold.
yeah my parents place, not my place an hour away, just to clear that up lol.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm going to make another alabama combo video using HASL videos, this one wont suck though
i can't decide if i want to just use the top 5 PR or the whole 10. i want to use a few clips for each person tho and i dun want it to be too long

i was looking over the PR, i'd say we have a decent PR actually, everybody on the list is legit

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'll use more than HASL vids actualy, the iron brawl stuff should be coming soon. will there be recording matches at geeks and gamers?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'll use more than HASL vids actualy, the iron brawl stuff should be coming soon. will there be recording matches at geeks and gamers?
I will see if I can get the replay codes that the ASL uses. I have a couple of SD cards now, so, hopefully I can at least save the most important matches.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i'm going to make another alabama combo video using HASL videos, this one wont suck though
i can't decide if i want to just use the top 5 PR or the whole 10. i want to use a few clips for each person tho and i dun want it to be too long

i was looking over the PR, i'd say we have a decent PR actually, everybody on the list is legit
If you use me don't for the following reason try and find something other than CGing.

butallIdoisCGsogoodluckjan :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hunter is only one person, so if anyone else wants to help him upload videos from the Iron Brawl II, I can send you the files. In the future, it would be nice if we could have a whole group that is dedicated to doing this. I could upload the files to a dropbox account and like five people could divide up the work and tackle it really quickly.

EDIT: Also, I haven't been able to update the site because my computer that has Dreamweaver was stolen the night before Iron Brawl II =(

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yo Jan, wanna play some melee tonight?

Also, IF ANYONE FOUND A BLACK MEMORY CARD AT IRON BRAWL

its mine.

Check your wii's please.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Bah, that SD wasn't my fault. I was in the backseat the whole time while you guys were messing around with it. I dont even understand how it disappeared.

And this is a BLACK GAMECUBE MEMORY CARD, not an SD card, cause i love melee etc.

If anyone has one in their wii...come and find me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Hunter is only one person, so if anyone else wants to help him upload videos from the Iron Brawl II, I can send you the files. In the future, it would be nice if we could have a whole group that is dedicated to doing this.
believe it or not dude i uploaded like... every single one of my facebook pictures by myself.
i know dude. it was rough. like idk dude. i had that one button that i clicked... things got crazy.

anyways i guess what im trying to say is that if you need someone im the man for the job! my head was literally spinning the last time i downloaded a song but i did it man!!! i did it SO good! and then i opened up my itunes and everything!!!
i got this **** down man.. its a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. im willing to be that someone.
could get bloody. i dont mind the blood i spill for this professional orginization of youtube video uploaders. and trust me man, uploading videos to youtube, sliding in a SD card into a port, logging onto things, Labeling things. oh yes, it will be a bloodbath. a proffesional bloodbath.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yo Slam, did you chew on windowsill when you were younger because that was one impressive ramble, lol. Yes, I'm making ramble a noun now.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i was being sarcastic.

YOU ARE UPLOADING VIDEOS TO YOUTUBE FOR GODS SAKE

and lol@michael, is a ramble a part of a windowsill or something? lmao i honestly have no idea what a ramble is haha

*Cam*

Smash Lord
i was being sarcastic.

YOU ARE UPLOADING VIDEOS TO YOUTUBE FOR GODS SAKE

and lol@michael, is a ramble a part of a windowsill or something? lmao i honestly have no idea what a ramble is haha
Of course you were being sarcastic, and so was I.

The hard part is not uploading them; the hard part is capturing them. It's not mentally challenging, but it is tedious and exhausting after awhile. It probably took me 30+ hours to capture and upload all the videos from HASL. It is easier and faster to divide up the work between two or three people. Stop being a malcontent.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Player Points come and go, especially since I almost always set match searches to "More Skilled," but, I'm sitting on 1994 PP right now, with ~4100 BP for Vega. Getting a better feel for spacing, frame traps, and my stupid 1-frame links.

It's nice to actively learn and feel like I'm improving.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im just making a point
but if you say it took you 30 plus hours then that is alot of work. i dont understnad how it took you that long though but i dont wanna read an explanation either so idc.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
geeks + gamers attendance was Reflex, Kismet, myself.
geeks + gamers placing was
Reflex
Kismet
Myself

lmao i just think thats funny. anyways it was fun watching my friends do good in UMVC3 and doing friendlies with Calvin.
hopefully ill be able to make it out to the next ASL tourney

any feedback about my ddd is appreciated though from reflex or calvin!!!!!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
people who are good at brawl: when you -hit- your opponent (assuming you are playing someone who doesn't suck), what is the ratio between "I hit this person because they made an error and i punished it" and "I hit this person because I predicted their movements/baited them"

DRN

Smash Lord
people who are good at brawl: when you -hit- your opponent (assuming you are playing someone who doesn't suck), what is the ratio between "I hit this person because they made an error and i punished it" and "I hit this person because I predicted their movements/baited them"
I'm only decent but i feel the ratio depends a lot on the character. A character like wario thrives on punishing mistakes. As a zss main i'd say 60:40 in favor of them making an error. Zss has some really simple baits that people love to go for especially if they dont know the match up.

Top Bottom