• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Slam
Cheap
Janitor
Kola
Aloha

Isn't George wanting to go as well though? Does this call for 2 carpools?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
2 car pools from Birmingham would be pretty awesome if you guys can fill the cars. The only additional player i can think of atm is twinster. Unless Mobile meets him in Bham and then cruises up to the tournament.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
2 car pools from Birmingham would be pretty awesome if you guys can fill the cars. The only additional player i can think of atm is twinster. Unless Mobile meets him in Bham and then cruises up to the tournament.
How out of the way is that and could we obtain housing in the area before and after for 2-3 people?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Did you mean that as Mobile driving up here then we take them to Georgia? It would probably be faster if they just drove to Georgia.

Ryker, B'ham is roughly 45 minutes further than your trip to Iron Brawl.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
i want to have the smashfest but it depends on what time i get back fom the tourny! so idk? its going to be so intense today ima try to blow it up today! MVC3 stay on fye!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the government has locked United States players out of the top online poker platforms. this is lame as hell yo, i've got money in there. they claim the money is safe, but still.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Gears of War 3 sawed off shot gun is so broken. Though I do love how they added a playable girl character. So now I'll use both Dom and her.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i smoked weed for the first time in monnnths last night. **** that ****. i honestly dont think ill ever really figure it out. how to ignore it and just... have it figured out. i guess it is putting a chemical into you and that acts stronger than any previously stored knowledge, memories, or strength.

i guess it just doesnt make a difference if you already know what is going to happen or not. it still hapens. and i still cant wrap my mind around it. 2 ****ing years of literally having weed take over my mind and i still dont have it figured out.

also this stuff is tricky as hell. the first year or half a year you go heavy on it you just feel like lazy as ****, get the munchies, blah blah blah think things seem more badass than they do. but then it like changes. it like matures or evolves on you and you dont notice it yourself but then one day you start to get more. its seriously delusion like no ****ing lie it just starts doing more to you like disillusion takes over your whole brain process and perception of nearly everything begins to alter, and alter, and alter, and alter.

but no one ever talks about this ****. because it doesnt sound badass. so ppl that think they are just doing something cool and fun by smoking weed, instead of realizing it as the MENTAL ****ING TRIP IT BECOMES try to spend ****ing forever figuring out why this **** is happening to them when really it is just how to drug works and it takes time and creeps onto you until one day BAM youre ****ing tripping everytime you smoke weed and then it doesnt go back. its like brain expansion when exposed to the drug. i just think more awareness should be spread. and weed is a whole hell of alot less dangerous than hallucenegens.

the drugs are fun for a while. you get to play on the shore for a while. but then something happens and suddenly you realize the doors of perceptions and hallucenation are swinging open and a gigantic wave is pulling you into a multicolored world of paranoia, doubt, and misunderstanding.
and the ocean is a ****ing deep and dark place. and you are going straight to the bottom.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
of course not everybody really minds. or even notices. they just notice things are different but dont really dwell on it. its just like.... unaware people can smoke weed forever and just be like "yeah dude i feel ****ed up. whatever. id rather be ****ed up than sober" but ive always just had a deep awareness and appreciation for life.

im not like crazy. i mean... i probably sound crazy as ****. but im just being real dude.

idk who im even talking to but my gf is in the shower and im bored and this ****s on my mind again. whatev peacee yall.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
He said it's not worth it and it's not cool for real. People do it to be cool but being high is really isn't anything special.

The best way I can say weed wrecks you is like how South Park said it. It doesn't really hurt you but you waste your time and money on weed instead of doing something productive like learning how to play guitar.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh, I could be doing something more productive than learning a Guitar. I could be watching animu.

Seems not Cheap. Aloha must still be at his tournament.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I hear Marijuana isn't especially addictive, but if you do get addicted to it, it's one of the most powerful addictions compared to other addictions.

Also, I REALLY think Garen, The Might of Demacia, is one of the coolest characters of all time. He's like Roy, but all grown up and buff and stuff, just like how I imagine he'd end up. I'm gonna try to get some way to cosplay as him for AWA. I'll be surrounded by anime fans and then I'll use Judgment, "DEMACIA!!!"

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Nichijou

While the title suggests a story of simple, everyday school life, the contents are more the opposite. The setting is a strange school where you may see the principal wrestle a deer or a robot's arm hide a rollcake. However there are still normal stories, like making a card castle or taking a test you didn't study for.

yeah go watch it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Did you mean that as Mobile driving up here then we take them to Georgia? It would probably be faster if they just drove to Georgia.

Ryker, B'ham is roughly 45 minutes further than your trip to Iron Brawl.
Nah, I know where Birmingham is, I'm don't know how far the final destination is and how out of the way Bham is. I mean, we'll probably try to get housing Friday and Saturday one way or another.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I hear Marijuana isn't especially addictive, but if you do get addicted to it, it's one of the most powerful addictions compared to other addictions.
yeah there are little to no physical effects. fatigue and little apitite for a week or so after coming off. but instead of the body withdrawing, the mind does. see "depersonalization" for more details. its bascially the mind just goes haywire for a while because while you are consistantly smoking the high is there to keep you somewhat stable but afterwards its just bad. depersonalization comes from the mind experiancing much more profoundness than it can handle. which is what weed and hallucenagens do to it. like smoking good weed once every 3 months or so is about how much of it you can REALLY mentally handle. but people end up doing it all day everyday and it takes the brain much longer to recover than the body.

personally id rather have flu like symptons and be throwing up from withdraws then have that figuratively happen to my mind. what it doesnt damage physically it definately makes up for it mentally.

and people wanna make it legal. it will really alter society and make more than a few people really lose it. its just... itll be the end of alot of good things if it becomes legal. like having actual fun and stuff also. instead people just are gonna be stoners and sit on their couch.

and society romantisizing these things by making halluceegens look all artsy and deep but really its not like that. i just hate that society does that because i know alot of people that are ruining their life right now because of these things.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
like i always said,, it depends on your personality. some people have 'addictive personalities'.

i get high from time to time, and its like literally no big deal
i dont spend a lot of money on it, i dont spend a lot of time on it

some people's lives revolve around that **** though which is kinda crazy.

i never got the whole obsession with marijuana honestly, all it does is kinda make you feel kinda good. that's really it. i dont know why people are like living their life around it. i'd much rather eat a tasty burger or get laid or something. there's this really unfounded stigma surrounding weed, however, which is based on nothing but decades of media trying to convince us that its "bad for you", but in reality, fried chicken and cake and mcdonalds is WAYYYYY worse for you than weed is. marijuana is arguably GOOD for you. i can, firsthand, say that for example it cures nausea, and oftentimes headaches, it expands the creative mind and helps you come up with creative ideas, and it helps you notice sensory details that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise. but i mean like its not a big deal at all. like i like to compare it to the feeling of having sex, which is WAYYYYYY more intense and wayyyy more mind altering than the feeling of being high.

but it does make you feel good, and that being so, i dont see anything wrong with it. it's more or less harmless, especially when compared to many things that are already legal, like cigarettes, alcohol, cheesburgers, etc.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, for real, looks like me and Rag can make it to BBC. I'm gonna go back to bothering M3T and we're gonna talk to Pensacola or whatever it takes to get enough people in a car so that gas doesn't cost me my right leg. I'd been trying to find a way for me to get there solo, but with Rag going, I've got a lot of help.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
like i always said,, it depends on your personality. some people have 'addictive personalities'.

i get high from time to time, and its like literally no big deal
i dont spend a lot of money on it, i dont spend a lot of time on it

some people's lives revolve around that **** though which is kinda crazy.

i never got the whole obsession with marijuana honestly, all it does is kinda make you feel kinda good. that's really it. i dont know why people are like living their life around it. i'd much rather eat a tasty burger or get laid or something. there's this really unfounded stigma surrounding weed, however, which is based on nothing but decades of media trying to convince us that its "bad for you", but in reality, fried chicken and cake and mcdonalds is WAYYYYY worse for you than weed is. marijuana is arguably GOOD for you. i can, firsthand, say that for example it cures nausea, and oftentimes headaches, it expands the creative mind and helps you come up with creative ideas, and it helps you notice sensory details that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise. but i mean like its not a big deal at all. like i like to compare it to the feeling of having sex, which is WAYYYYYY more intense and wayyyy more mind altering than the feeling of being high.

but it does make you feel good, and that being so, i dont see anything wrong with it. it's more or less harmless, especially when compared to many things that are already legal, like cigarettes, alcohol, cheesburgers, etc.
yeah like its whatever if you just get high then come back to your normal self. like i agree with you that sex changes your mood and emotions also. the real problem in what im trying to present lies in being high all the time for months/or actually years at a time, in which case you have no real self to come back to and only the mind that has been altered by weed. because in this case it like literally just takes over. but like once you stop things go back. it just takes time. and its just trippy as ****.

physically speaking though. yeah. weed is pretty good for you physically. other than the fact that its smoke and inhaling smoke is kinda bad for you. and it can weaken your immune system but i think thats only in stoners who are high all the time. i dont think smoking every so often can do that to you.

but really you cant understand the disillusuion until you are a stoner and your life revolves around it. its just very very very confusing. i would compare it to having sex for years at a time but i just cant see any comparison. you can choose to loose interest in sex but you cant turn off a high. and like idk sex doesnt change your perception of things. and like... idk. sex is mind altering in a different sense. basically its not a harmful mind alter in which you can come back. or something. idk really. im just gonna stop talking about this now because im realizing i cant explain it into words lol and im just gonna keep sounding more and more crazy lol

and also ive never felt more creative while high. just stupid and unable to be creative. like just feeling like blaaaah. but yeah like you said man. different strokes for different folks.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why do i always end up saying "you wouldnt understand" when i get into debates. :/
bad explaining skills and a poor vocabulary i guessesss
i aint tryyyyyyyin to be pretentious :/

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Alright, for real, looks like me and Rag can make it to BBC. I'm gonna go back to bothering M3T and we're gonna talk to Pensacola or whatever it takes to get enough people in a car so that gas doesn't cost me my right leg. I'd been trying to find a way for me to get there solo, but with Rag going, I've got a lot of help.
I was gonna ride with Luis if I decide to go, but there are some people in Auburn who also wanted to go that couldn't all fit into one car. Somehow we could probably divide up Auburn into your car and Luis's. Auburn is on the way for you guys IIRC.

Top Bottom