• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
So.. close man... Like once school ends I'll have my own money and my parents can't tell me nothing. I had a dream i could buy my way to heaven. When I awoke i spent that on a necklace.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
how different is SSF4 from SF4 in terms of just frames and game mechanics?
Different enough to cause Sagat mains to drop him indefinitely, the best Gen player to drop SF in general, and different enough that it wasn't DLC. Jump arcs seem to be the biggest change for me.

Frames are different for a good bit things, but all in all it's BASICALLY the same engine.

If you're trying to learn the sf4 engine and plan on getting super later, get vanilla. If you know how to play the sf4 engine (Focus attacks, fadcs) go ahead and get super.

Sorry for the long post.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah thats why i'm asking.
i can't afford to buy ssf4 right now, but i have access to sf4 and i'm wondering if its worth it to start learning with that game

cuz i remember trying to prepare for GGAC by playing GGX2 and that didn't really work out at all lol

Aloha

Smash Cadet
marvel 3 is so complex ! man this game can be frustrating at times but i love it so much! spending hours upon hours trying to get my team to play on the same page!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ooh reminds me of rachel.

also, i live in a tiny, upstars apt. so if the tornado comes through and takes me out the game. ITS BEEN REAL.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Sagat is still hella annoying.

s.Hk is annoying as **** too. Hits on the ground and is anti-air.
I like Bison's for that reason. :)
Sagat's St. HK is his best normal and is a great AA, but it's still terrible. The damage is only on the knee part and the foot part does only 40dmg (jab damage), the move whiffs horribly against crouchers, even when they are right in front of you.

Meanwhile, Bison's st. HK is completely unavoidable when in range. It never whiffs, is the fastest heavy attack in the game in startup and cooldown, has ridicuous active frames too for some reason, and DOES 110 DAMAGE (One of the strongest heavy attacks).

Sagat covers few angles so practically any jump is a safe jump on him and he has no range worth noting on his normals (all st. normals whiff on crouch) other than st. LK (terrible). It's been like this since Street Fighter II, but his thing since that game was always the strength of his fireballs and high damage output. Now he hits like a girl and his low fireball has 45 frames of lag (same as Dhalsim's, but it doesn't have this amazingly retardedly giant inital hitbox that guarentees trade with normals) and his high fireball is 1 frame less cooldown than Ryu's fireball (woooooo). Both are way weak on hit and chip.

Knee is terrible now. 1st-hit part's gotten a range buff (and pushes farther now) and 2nd-hit part's gotten a range nerf, meaning unsafe knees happen more often (too many times, you'll hit someone at the apex of the knee jump, meaning tons of frame disadvantage). Also the damage is all on the 1st hit. The second hit does 40 damage (again, jab damage). Knee has been overnerfed in every conceivable way other than combos (doesn't matter in combos).

Also, because he does so little damage he's one of the few characters in the game that literally needs his Ultra in order to win.

Sagat had respectable rushdown in SF4. He has none in SSF4. Sagat had broken high damage output in SF4. He has broken low damage output in SSF4.

Also, hope you're alright, Janitor.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm good. narrowly missed my side of town.

did C. Viper get nerfed bad in SSF4

ive been fooling around with her in sf4. but the internets seems to say she's not as good.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hope you guys are okay. Didn't even get bad weather down here, so dunno what to say.

Anyway, a pipe burst and I've got to pay a plumber. My BBC experience is going to hinge on how fast my dad's tax refund comes in so he can pay me back. Meaning I'll probably miss it as well. This means I will be going to Kola's house instead so we can hang out and I can steal his cereal and any sodas I may enjoy in his fridge.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Yeah, we on campus were watching that ****ing thing coming right at us live, and every single person in our dorm thought we were gonna die. Thankfully for us, nothing on campus got hit, but everything surrounding it is gone. We're without power and will be for quite some time (as will northern AL). Classes have been canceled and they're considering delaying the finals (scheduled for next week currently).

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
tuscaloosa always seems to get hit pretty hard. but this is a bit much.
i can't even recognize the city anymore based on pictures

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Alabama, all ya'll alright??

I'm so sorry bout all the weather, that was horrible, but I wanted to check and make sure everyone here is ok. Heard from Joot recently guys??

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
i'm good. narrowly missed my side of town.

did C. Viper get nerfed bad in SSF4

ive been fooling around with her in sf4. but the internets seems to say she's not as good.
I'm not sure about how she was in vanilla, but in Super, she's not bad if you can mindf**k your opponent with feints. Not only mindgames, but using feints and superjump cancels in combos to get decent damage. I've been messing around with her, and even getting those combos down do not mean anything if you can't mindgame them enough to hit them.

She's good if your fingers and mind can keep up with the feints.

Also:
Hope everyone is okay. I was lucky enough to just lose power.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
had no power the whole day and missed out on Elsword OBT opening up but im all good.

funny, had i still been living in the house i was in that got burned down, i probably wouldnt be.
I thought it started at 12 AM today but checked at 8 for giggles.

Aisha is USA's most used character out of the 3. I think I saw Rena the least.

Hope you guys are okay. Didn't even get bad weather down here, so dunno what to say.

Anyway, a pipe burst and I've got to pay a plumber. My BBC experience is going to hinge on how fast my dad's tax refund comes in so he can pay me back. Meaning I'll probably miss it as well. This means I will be going to Kola's house instead so we can hang out and I can steal his cereal and any sodas I may enjoy in his fridge.
olol Too bad for you, I hardly drink sodas anymore. :p

Yeah, we on campus were watching that ****ing thing coming right at us live, and every single person in our dorm thought we were gonna die. Thankfully for us, nothing on campus got hit, but everything surrounding it is gone. We're without power and will be for quite some time (as will northern AL). Classes have been canceled and they're considering delaying the finals (scheduled for next week currently).

So the campus and stuff was okay. Must have been an experience though seeing that stuff come at you.

Terrible thing that happened yesterday, though I didn't lose or have any damages near me (outside of 280's traffic lights going out...oh the terror of traffic).

Edit:
Regarding the tourney, I'm going to try and pull a few more strings. Money probably won't even be the issues, just getting the okay lol

Winnar

Smash Lord
Starkville didn't get hit too hard, but the city's power went down for a good day.

Hope everyone in AL is doing alright...

Anyone get in touch with slam?

Edit - Just texted Munkus, he said he's alright but his house was destroyed :\

Top Bottom