• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
what
the
i want that now.

@ sleepy i dont think i know what you mean exactly.

i mean i guess competitive brawl is pretty much all about landing attack strings that should technically be escapable and being fast and proper move selection is how thats done

but im not sure if thats what you're talking about

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Looks more like I'd use that gummy worm for sexual purposes.

Also:

My first tournament in Alabama was TCS... 5? Anyway, I got 5-0 in my pool and then immediately I got ***** by Elev8's ZSS and Kismet's Falco in brackets. I was mad cranky from lack of sleep.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Q: you guys know you're worm looks like a double headed dildo right ?
A: Yeah, we knew that. It's impossible to make a giant worm that doesn't.
Was this question useful? Yes No
Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: Yes, we do.
Q: Can you make a rainbow flavored giant gummy worm so i can try all the flavors? Now that would be awesomer
A: Maybe someday, but we're going to stick with the dual-colored worms for now.
Q: is this product safe for my girlfriend to use in place of her vibrator?
A: Ew, no. There's a time and a place for the World's Largest Gummy Worm and that is neither the time nor the place.
Q: Do you ship it outside the US?
A: Yes, we ship worldwide.
Q: Can you smoke the gummy worm in a bong?
A: I don't think so...
Q: Which one would you recommend?
A: All of the flavors are delicious, but I personally would choose the Blue Raspberry and Cherry. Those are my two favorite flavors!
Q: What kind of gelatin is this made of? BTW: You're awesome!!
A: All of our gummy products, including the World's Largest Gummi Worm, are made with gelatin from a beef source.
Q: is there actually a smiley face in the small gummy worms?
A: Yes, some brands do have little smiley faces.
Q: Oh.....my....god
A: Hahaha - yes, such a giant gummy worm does tend to get that reaction.
Q: Could I have a recipe for the Oreo Gummy Worm Pudding dessert?
A: There are variations on how to make it, but we simply layered chocolate pudding and crushed up Oreo cookies (making sure this is the top layer so it looks like dirt/soil) in a clean plastic plant pot. Then you just stick the gummy worms in the top!
Q: Who would win in a fight? The WLGB or the WLGW?
A: We'll go with the WLGW as it could strangle the WLGB.
Q: can you ship overseas? Like to New Zealand?
A: Yes, we ship worldwide.
Q: Is this secretly a woman's pleasure product?
A: We knew we'd get asked something like this! The answer is obviously "no".

More questions asked about the gummy worm and answered by the producers!

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Oh, Smash history time.

I owned neither N64 or Gamecube growing up, but Smash was the game. We were all super hyped for Melee. I was like 12. Holy **** that **** was like 9 years ago. I remember my friend got the game but had to wait for a Gamecube for Christmas, so we would just look through the instruction manual. I think for like a year, all I did was like Fsmash, B attacks, and roll.

Fast forward like 6 years, and as I've learned more and more about the game, I changed mains from like Pikachu to Falcon to Link to Marth to Jigglypuff. Cue first Smashboards post. The way I remember it, I met Kevin and Michael at the same time. We drove up to Huntsville one night to Andy's parent's house. I can't even remember who was all there that night, but there were like 12-15 people all crammed into one room playing Smash, and I was getting wrecked. At one point the power went out. Eventually I just sat down at a 64 setup, and Andy wrecked me.

A little bit later, I went with Michael to meet Russ. We were going to play at Russ' church, but Melee is rated T for Teen, and we were turned away. So then we went to Naixin's house, and I got wobbled.

The first tournament I went to was the last one Thief hosted in Tuscaloosa. Frank came with me, and at this point I was maining Kirby. I didn't win any sets. I think this is when I first met Jack/ihsb, and he became like my favorite smasher ever.

By this point, I was really hyped for Brawl. I was checking the dojo like every night, and there was no way it was going to be a bad game. The Andy/Coach/Pgrew apartment borrowed a modded Wii and downloaded the Japanese Brawl ISO before it released in the states, so I drove up one night, and played it with Andy, Joot, Coach, Rob, etc. I really liked the game, and how I was winning with Kirby for a change.

I remenber going to The Greatest Melee Tournament Since Brawl came out and leaving so frustrated with Melee that I almost swore off Melee entirely. Green Mario played me, and his friends were laughing the entire time.

To be continued?

j00t

Smash Champion
Lame about the Green Mario thing George,

I got sweet revenge for you though (without knowing it at the time) by beating him with GnW :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
My pool at Tabasco was like m2k and four peaches. I think saint rage was in my pool too. I remember playing hungry box in friendlies getting absolutely massacred. Never been beat that bad by anyone in any video game. Even m2k wasn't that bad

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Kirby is so bad in Melee. :(

I can't record any vids right now. I could possibly hit Sleepy up with all the replays, though.

j00t

Smash Champion
Man I remember some of my first pool at Tabasco (I still played Fox at the time):

ChuDat (got wrecked)
PB&J (lulz)
Ambix (Barely beat him, third game was on Corneria. Or maybe I lost? I honestly can't remember.)

Second pool:

Mew2King (Fcker stole my Fox color)
Hungrybox (I think? Or maybe it was some other jiggs player. I got beat regardless.)
DJ Nintendo (Lost)

Regardless I didn't make it out of 2nd round pools lol. I remember playing NES n00b a lot, our Pichu dittos were great. <3 Ryan

I dunno if I'll share my entire history here (It'll be boring)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Will- All you did was shuttle loop back then bro, and you still won that tournament rofl.
Dude, I called that the shuttle rush and thought it was a good strategy lmao. Not sure what tourney I won with THE SHUTTLE RUSH besides the first couple ensley tournies tho. I think the first vids where I didn't play ******** were recorded at gameboxIII in that long drawn out wf and gf.

Starcraft II in December. I'm looking at you, Will_.
Hopefully this will be after finals week, but I'm still coming anyway. I get goosebumps just thinking about a SC2 tourney.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i remember meeting everyone for georgia for the first time i was like "omg these guys just SEEM legit"
and i was in love with them.

oh and actually brown scourge was the first smasher i ever met. we both showed up to gamebox like super early and talekd about how hyped we were. haha those days <3

now its just all bout that mk

i wish i owned starcraft

Aloha

Smash Cadet
keeping your head above water, making a way when you can, temporarly layoffs , good times , scracthing and surviving good times. aint we lucky we gotem, good times ! who wants 2 go to winterfest? florida 2 me is the best at smash overall!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Anybody remember Aurafox?
no but i remember you!
you and kalm came over to my house to play brawl before tcs 3 i think. and that was the first time i ever hung out with smashers.:bee:
yeah george, i remember you were like waaaay ahead of the game when brawl came out. you were so prepared.

anwyas the list is for me
(kalm and mr ref= first smashers i hung out with)
(kevin= first person to play a match with me in a tournament setting)
(brown scourge=first person i talked to at a tournament)

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
memories huh?
well, my first brawl tourney in alabama was in 08 back when playover didint suck(wow really?)and had decent turnouts. i had only played melee and walked in pretty much not even playing the game til that day(no kidding) i played fox and ICs and actually didint suck as much as i though i would(i still got ***** lol). moogle was actually teaching me how to play brawl fox that day too(i was warned...MK is not fun lol).

btw, who would be intrested in working on a Sonic fan hack?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I remember getting 3rd at one of the ensley tournaments i think i beat george in that tourney actually, and proto and some ithers, and ended up getting wrecked by moogle in LF. and then will asked to play my snake and proceeds to 3 stock me. It was a crushing blow

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I remember when George and poet and me would go to every waba. I remember geo was straight wreckin one of the wabas and got to GF and lost to some random MK player lol. That wouldn't happen now

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
I might be starting a job soon. Everything went pretty well. We'll see if they call.

Are you or Emily going anywhere this weekend? Smashfest? :D
We might go to NerdaCon, I'm still iffy on the subject. It seems like it could be my last weekend to do anything and possibly, by default, Jason's as well.

I'd rather go out Fri so we def get there on time for the Sat tournament...but idk if we can find some housing.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
NerdaCon is in, dang, I know it's in Ga. I'll check up on it later.

I doubt we'll get housing so I don't know what we'll do.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Lounis, Michael, and Jorge already asked for housing; we don't have room for you, unfortunately. I'll ask around and see if Calvin or someone else could house you.

Top Bottom