• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone--

This is short notice, but there's going to be a convention...thing at my college this Friday night/Saturday. It's free to do everything (as for events, think of it as a poor man's AWA, I suppose), and there's going to be a Brawl tournament on Saturday in the afternoon ($10 Singles entry, I imagine; probably $10 per team Doubles). Probably a Halo: Reach and SSF4 tournament, but I can't be sure about that.

Basically, if you're free this Saturday, think about coming. If you want to come Friday night, talk to my brother or myself and we'll try to work out housing.

http://nerdacon.com/

Twinster

Smash Cadet
Joel, convince nick to do another Brawl tourney, the last one had a really good turn out and it was fun.
and
are you going to the convention thing at Reflex's college?

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
If the Reach tourney is on the 20th, will they play on the new map pack or something? Because that would be gay.

@ Zero: when will you finish your story of the 180lb tv?! I must know if the evil Stairs becomes vanquished!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
If the Reach tourney is on the 20th, will they play on the new map pack or something? Because that would be gay.

@ Zero: when will you finish your story of the 180lb tv?! I must know if the evil Stairs becomes vanquished!
The story can not become finished until the event itself is finished.

Unless you want...

Filler episodes

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone--

This is short notice, but there's going to be a convention...thing at my college this Friday night/Saturday. It's free to do everything (as for events, think of it as a poor man's AWA, I suppose), and there's going to be a Brawl tournament on Saturday in the afternoon ($10 Singles entry, I imagine; probably $10 per team Doubles). Probably a Halo: Reach and SSF4 tournament, but I can't be sure about that.

Basically, if you're free this Saturday, think about coming. If you want to come Friday night, talk to my brother or myself and we'll try to work out housing.

http://nerdacon.com/
The NerdaCon tournament is confirmed--Starts at 1 PM on Saturday. I'll probably be running it, so you can expect things to do pretty smoothly.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
GUYS LETS TELL STORIES ABOUT WHEN WE FIRST MET PEOPLE

Luis, your little status game you got going on facebook reminded me of this:

At, I think Smash Aid X, I saw you for the first time and had to play you in pools, I think you two or three stocked my Marth with Bowser and then switched to Game and Watch and did it again, and I was like what the **** I'm Marth. I was so terrible though, that was my first tournament outside of Thief's tuscaloosa tournament series.

Anyway, the funny part of this story is that you apparently hit on my then-girlfriend who I dragged along with me to the tournament. Maybe you remember, she was a small latina girl. I don't think she had a very good time, she never came to a tournament with me again, until TCS 2, which was maybe a year or two later.

anyway, reflex a pimp

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor you were the first person i ever played a friendly against in the community. or actually ever played against in the community period. i was wario and you were just using random charecters beating me and i think winnar and some other ppl i never saw again were like "daaaaaam janitor is good with everyone p much"

i remember when i met elev8. i thought he was an ******* bc he was so competitve and serious and i sucked so i was like "dude just chill." XD and he was giving everyone advice to GR me bc i was wario. i was like "whatever, **** this."

joot and majist were the first people to ever claim they knew me off of smashboards.

and i didnt think george was a part of this community for a long time i thought he was just a random dude that worked at a video game store and was just really good at every video game. so he would enter brawl and do good. until i started seeing him at other tournies then i put 2 and 2 together.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At, I think Smash Aid X, I saw you for the first time and had to play you in pools, I think you two or three stocked my Marth with Bowser and then switched to Game and Watch and did it again, and I was like what the **** I'm Marth. I was so terrible though, that was my first tournament outside of Thief's tuscaloosa tournament series.

Anyway, the funny part of this story is that you apparently hit on my then-girlfriend who I dragged along with me to the tournament. Maybe you remember, she was a small latina girl. I don't think she had a very good time, she never came to a tournament with me again, until TCS 2, which was maybe a year or two later.

anyway, reflex a pimp
I remember that.

She was cute.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont even remember that slam lol **** i wish i was still like good (relatively) and stuff

i remember meeting mslano and playing smash all night at his house. mslano probably taught more more about melee than any single person. and he used to drive me to huntsvile where i met moogle and joot and coach and majist and munkus and rob and others

i remember duchock used to lurk the tuscaloosa melee tournaments and play like 2 friendlies and not enter the tournaments it was weird.

i dont even remember when i met most of the brawl players. i remember playing with george and frank a lot...an i remember when i met adam

i remember meeting kola when he played pit and he was the first pit i ever played, like ever. and him and his brother were beating me im pretty sure they were both like playing really serious and focused it was kind of funny. i realized i almost never play to my fullest abilities in friendlies. i guess most people dont. not to say that they would have not beaten me. i fail at unfamiliar matchups. its my biggest weakness in barlw

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yay smashboards

No practice today so I can no life forum

Zero, I've recently found out I left my wiimote at your place, I can't play my wii without it. : (
Haven't been able to practice Arcana Heart //wrist but I do want to resume my Heart Aino practice lol
Are you or Emily going anywhere this weekend? Smashfest? :D

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh fun a memory game Hmmmmmmm

First tournament ever I was pretty excited to meet Nice 1, he was helping my brother and I over AIM for small tips with our characters.

First people I've met that still play at that tournament was
George- Yeah, you and Duchock made us look pretty lame and killed our momentum. I still found it funny that you challenged us to a Money Match and we had no idea what you were talking about.

Will- All you did was shuttle loop back then bro, and you still won that tournament rofl

The rest were a bunch of people who either quit, or I just haven't seen them again.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
I remember when I first met Reflex, it was at waba and I wanted to play him and he was just 3 stocking me with everyone he played except when he played gannon, I finally beat him then lol.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
playing reflex is so weird.
maybe because he sandbags or something

but i never feel like "omg i'm getting ***** wtf".
like when i play lounis or calvin its always like a hopeless feeling of getting your *** reamed by a pro player it was like that when i played lee martin too

with reflex tho
i'm always like, i'm not doing too bad, if I focus maybe i can win

BUT YOU NEVER DO

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
its pretty dumb, something about him being first in the PR makes me thing omfg I can't win but I should be able to.

Then he proceeds to **** me with characters like....Fox

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeahhhh man
like when i played kismet at mlg vestavia, i felt like it was just the matchup knowledge more than him just outplaying me.

i feel kind of confident against most metaknight, but i think kismet has a better idea of the matchup and kinda of knew how to keep snake at bay

but reflex will pick like, Link. and you're wondering why its so hard.

ITS ****ING LINK

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm willing to bet that will be Reflex's next sandbagging character, if he isn't already trying to use him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
reflex was playing link for a while. or at least for a tournemnt.

he played link at one of zero's tourneys

i beat his link with sheik (F TILT FTW)

but then he switched to pokemon trainer and squirtle - canceled me

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
This weekend at MLG Dallas

I learned that ironically
brawl is more about spamming your tech skill than melee ever was.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So does this imply Brawl is more technical than Melee? Or am I just reading this wrong?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
i remember duchock used to lurk the tuscaloosa melee tournaments and play like 2 friendlies and not enter the tournaments it was weird.
Yes, I was terribly weird. I was immersing myself in a culture of which I knew nothing other than the fact that I could hold no weight. I tried so hard to get my chick friends who always doubled as Marth/Roy to come, but they didn't. So I felt horribly stranded in a room full of aggressively awkward nerds. But I got over that in time and became aggressively awkward myself.

First people I've met that still play at that tournament was
George- Yeah, you and Duchock made us look pretty lame and killed our momentum. I still found it funny that you challenged us to a Money Match and we had no idea what you were talking about.
I don't remember money matches. I dislike them...

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
George threw the idea out there, we ended up not doing it

So for all of you candly lovers

check this out
http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-worm.cfm
Q: What would happen if I tried to shove the whole thing in my mouth at once?
A: You'd choke. Please don't do that.
Was this question useful? Yes No
Q: Why?
A: Why not?
Q: Does size really matter?
A: In this case, yes.

Buuuuuut. My first Smash tourney was like Gamebox IV where I was 205. I came and won. I remember Kola. He didnt think I was me cause I was black. And I played Geroge's Kirby where I got a barrel spike on him on YI. I also remember Janitor and Elev8. I thought Elev8 was a douche cause he tried to correct my PT then I found out he was Reflex's brother and secretly anted him to teach my the ways of becoming a Pokemon master.

Top Bottom