• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i like Cmart
think he mains bowser or something
or i even forget who is good in that scene but (MD/VA i think? where ive seen him from) has some good players and put up a fair amount of videos of it too.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I summon Exodia.

Obliterate.

This thread because Jesus it's almost two thousand posts.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
today is reimi's birthday ;p
just wanted to look really creepy for a second here.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i played some brawl against cpu's today and it was fun.
kinda made me want to play again.
i'm sure i'll watch MK or Ics on youtube soon and kill that real quick.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
We could always Project M wifi. :D

Or you know... just come to GameBox on Sundays. If no one is going this week, I'd prefer to know ahead of time, so I don't sit at the store for no reason on my day off.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well im out of town for the holidays so i wont be there till after January, now. more specifically Jan. 5th.

@Kevin, currently it's a joke ladder so not that many people do that to start out with but even in the real ladder seasons its getting thinner and thinner. idk, theres always free play. you just gotta know who is at least half way decent, or at least better than you are.

or either of us could just walk down the street and play each other lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know the joke is old and tired by now, but, if you're any sort of a man, you're on page 938 right now.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
bye bye yall. im going back to my birthplace to see my fam for the holidays
when i get back im gonna start playing again ;p

KALM U A BOSS, AIGT? KALM YOU GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL ONE DAY, AIGT? JUST KNOW THAT IF ANYTHING, MAN. YOU TOO RAW, MAN AIGT?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hey Joel, call me if you decide to stay at gamebox. I want to come over at 5 if you're still there.

If you dont call or text me I wont come. 205-907-7483

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
So I went to page 938 of this thread and it made me kinda depressed. It was full of peeps that I miss and also NES n00b... the first person to pummel me at Brawl way back right after I first got it. I wish I could've known you better dude, hope you're enjoying paradise.
Damn Slam, you crazy. Just like I so fondly remember you. Thank you for the compliment saying that I am in fact raw and am a boss. Really puts a smile on my face, like Bryan did for Joe that one time when Stewie held him at gun point. I'm gonna go have an Earthbound tournament now. Pancakings.

:phone:

edit- wassup with this phone is it cuz im on the mobile page or something, cuz im posting on the Wii U...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'd like to mention that I believe Sonic Kart All-Stars Diddy Kong Style Transformers is a pretty good game. You should all maybe try it. I might vanish for a couple more years now...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so i remember way back in the melee days, people used to always talk about "mindgames", and it got to a point where it was almost a cliche and no one took it seriously.
now I've been thinking in brawl, and I think beyond just game knowledge, "mind games" is like one of the main things. and I think its the same for all fighting games.
you can get to a certain point just by playing and doing safe things and reacting to your opponents mistakes, but after a while you start playing people who make fewer mistakes so that doesn't work as well. so then the name of the game is A. mix ups and guessing games. learning how your opponent reacts to the situations you put them in, and B. MINDGAMEZ. literally doing **** that your opponent doesn't expect.
I feel like that may be one of the biggest building blocks to becoming a high level players, and probably why high level players beat mid level players so easily, because, mid level players do **** that is expected.
this is probably obvious, but NO BODY EVER talks about this?
it's always like, "jab more" and "in this match up, use this move a lot"
but i really don't know HOW much that kind of **** actually matters after a certain point. Like I understand the properties of my moves (ideally). I have an idea of what moves to use in certain situations, but I still lose all the time doe.

I DUNNO JUST RAMBLING. some **** i've been thinking about

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Makes sense.

Example: I play Ryker, and I take a stock. Ryker says, "Oh, I didn't expect that..." and I respond, "Me neither."

The truest mind game is when you mind game yourself.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ive noticed after not playing brawl for a while. some of the habits I used to have aren't as prevalent like panic spotdodging/airdodging most noticeably

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
a wise man once told me.
"you go up and you make it look like you're gonna do something, then you do something else."
think about it bruh.

and yeah, i got internet today IM BACK TO RUIN YOUR THREAD *****ES
sorry for the callout, kalm. its just i sort of love you ok bye though p;

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Consider me weird then.

P:M 2.5 is awesome. Can we get some attendance at GameBox tonight?

Top Bottom