• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean these posts in this thread finally count towards post count?

Edit: No. It does not.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So it was reverted back to how it originally was? :V np there

Sucks about the post count thing though ;-;

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
1. drugs over love

2. django was ****ing awesome. it was like two and a half hours long too.

3. actually ive seen every movie thats playing in theatres atm. its an accomplishment that shouldnt go unmentioned.

4. ;/ im going to start numbering my thoughts

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
theres nothing wrong with project M, but would you guys play brawl with me if i came? i just wanna play that and get better at that really.

;/

excuse number 45 for not showing up to gamebox, im still in montgomery atm

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
who you gonna use for APEX ryker?
u just going in with dat ike falco combo or u picked up another character by now?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I do. For those of you not coming, would you prefer it to be a different day? I'll play any Smash game.

:phone:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill come today.
i should be done with my errands before the afternoon so ill come today.

sunday is fine with me, ive just either been out of town lately or (mostly) struggling with my struggles you feel me liek i cant say that ish forreal and dont want to even more forreal cuz i aint tryin to call up any type of symp. or sound offish and ****s just better kept off the "track" record of ya boi you feel me you feel me. HA i made a pun.
YA BIH, puns tho!

and kevin boy if u come over i can show u some fresh *** "snakes" ha you feel me ya bois jus playin PUNS THO!!! damn am i on it or am i on it??

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
How could the Smash community not be totally embarrassed of the Brawl commentary for the Apex 2013 stream? Who could let this happen? Brawl is bad, but these commentators are worse.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Suspension of disbelief. People want to feel good and special about the game they play competitively. What else do they have to talk about? :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
keitar0 didnt even really say much of anything the whole time. he just kind of sat back, and then yelled when the hype was going on.

but, salem wins apex 2013 holy ffuuug.

1. wifi warriors the best

2. meta knight real broken right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The biggest issue is the bottleneck he puts in competition. Top 4 was Salem (who wasn't matched by any other ZSS player, not even close), M2K (Meta Knight), Otori (Meta Knight), and Nairo (Meta Knight). **** is beyond boring and makes a ton of otherwise usable characters realistically worthless, which is bad for the longevity of the game's community.

Also, a Top 8 bracket shouldn't take four hours to complete. I shouldn't see a match go a full minute without either character taking damage.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i didnt have a problem with the timeouts and defensive play. i like it. call me odd though bc i also love meta knight dittos. :/

they did take like 5 minute breaks in between each single match in grand finals though, i dont know what was up with that.

& i just dont care about low tier characters and dont mind the redundancy of high tiers. its just normal to me. i dont find it particularly boring either. thats basically what much of the issue comes down to i guess.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So you'd be fine with Meta Knight Fight ft. Solid Snake, Marth, Diddy Kong, and a Couple Other Guys (But Seriously Why Bother Using Anyone Other than Meta Knight?): The Game?

The only reason the last minute of Grand Finals tense at all was because both M2K and Salem just went at each other with reckless abandon. Salem wised up and caught M2K being way too aggressive.

Meanwhile, idiot one and two are just yelling and proving they don't know how point out even the so obvious things to point out, instead giving us, "One Down Smash can change everything!" "OMGSALEM<3" "OMGZSSAGIRLCHARACTERSHEISN'TTOPTIERWTFNOWAI" "M2K&USA4EVA JAPANGTFO"

Were these guys paid? I heard Dogy imply earlier that he was, which is fine since Dogy is at least usually good, but nothing about the Brawl commentary even comes close to respectful.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So Apex was trash?

Also, I wanna know if anyone from the Birmingham area is going to that ASL tournament on the 9th. I wanna make a reappearance before I put Brawl to rest. I would love to still play P:M though. That game is legit.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was under the impression is was a small, 16-man bracket.
It was, yeah. We tried to get a lot of the famous Melee players and well-known PM players to enter, and many of the former declined. That said, there was still a lot of talent within the bracket.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
So you'd be fine with Meta Knight Fight ft. Solid Snake, Marth, Diddy Kong, and a Couple Other Guys (But Seriously Why Bother Using Anyone Other than Meta Knight?): The Game?
just besides the point, but it never turned to that before. not even in the moments of absolute metaknight craze where it felt like he was top 5 alot of the time.

i get what youre saying though, but call me oldschool man, i dont mind it. its what happens in videos games.
lol i was thinking about it and i feel like the Mitt Romney of smash. dont feel liek completely explaining but you kinda get the point though lol.
lol smash bros
:( dont think like that
It was, yeah. We tried to get a lot of the famous Melee players and well-known PM players to enter, and many of the former declined. That said, there was still a lot of talent within the bracket.
good **** lol thats awesome regardless of teh bracket size. its at least something to brag about if you felt like it lol and it gets you recognition in the game also. and you are repping your character at a national ;p

just good **** dude.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
just besides the point, but it never turned to that before. not even in the moments of absolute metaknight craze where it felt like he was top 5 alot of the time.

i get what youre saying though, but call me oldschool man, i dont mind it. its what happens in videos games.
lol i was thinking about it and i feel like the Mitt Romney of smash. dont feel liek completely explaining but you kinda get the point though lol.
good **** lol thats awesome regardless of teh bracket size. its at least something to brag about if you felt like it lol and it gets you recognition in the game also. and you are repping your character at a national ;p

just good **** dude.
To be fair, though, four of the top five this APEX were pure MK mains, and I also heard something about Meta Knights commonly taking out other Meta Knights. I don't have the data on hand, though.

Also, thanks. I didn't know what to expect, but I am pretty proud of my performance there. Wish I was able to try my hand at the Losers Bracket in Brawl, though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if we keep having hype tournaments like APEX, i think it'll be fine. this game is mad weird, but the main question is, will people play the game. for a minute there it literally seemed like Metaknight was pushing people away from the game. it doesn't really seem like that anymore.

many games have a focus on just a few characters, i think brawl is the only one I can think of that revolves around ONE character, but really whats the difference.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well like i said, i dont mind it. i watched every single mk ditto also..lul. its just me though im not saying its right or good for the community though because i understand that meta knight is demoralizing to alot of people.
but yeah kevin!! at apex people really did seem to be way more accepting of him. i heard literally no meta knight johns from the commentators for the first time maybe.... ever.
of course they weren't the best commentators but the crowd seemed really into everything as well.

also, what happened in brawl, luis? did you not get to play it because of project M or something?

Top Bottom