• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if any of you dude in bham want to make a trip to t-town for a smashfest, i am free pretty much every weekend just throwing that out.. i'd come up there, but i'm currently without a car. so i can only come so often :-D

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
George, that stupid site won't let me register. Says I keep incorrectly naming the characters that they ask you to identify.
I had a problem with this for a while. I think you have to actually click Submit instead of hitting Enter/Return.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION DUELISTS!!!!!

I have information regarding the midnight release tournament. I went to Jones Valley's Gamestop and this is what i learned:

-PRE-REGISTRY IS GO!! GO REGISTER NAO!!

-It starts at 10pm

-you CANNOT bring your own controller!!! the controllers will be provided. They said they would most likely be using the GC controllers, but that's not finalized. This could really suck, or be okay.

-It's a 16/32 man tourney. This will depend on how many people show up, so SIGN UP ASAP.

-Matches are 1v1, 1-2 minute rounds. They may not do 1 minute rounds like they initially said, but they did say that they would not go above 2 minutes.

-Items are ENABLED

-The available characters to select are not specified. It depends upon whether Nintendo sends them the full version of the game or a demo. So, it'll at least include the starting roster characters.

-I don't know what the prizes are for the winners of the first three brackets. The grand prize of the nationals being held in California is a flat panel plazma tv, a wii, and $5000 cash.

-Make sure you are there at least 30 minutes before the tourney starts. you'll have to fill out a participation form. And for minors (under 19) you'll need to have a parent with you.

That's what i've found so far. if anything changes, i'll add it in.

Y'all, i'm completely pysched about this tourney. It's gonna be mad crazy, yo.

moogle

Smash Ace
I'll go ahead and say we'll smash on Saturday, maybe 2pm? I don't know if we'll have Brawl or not. >_< Though I do want some more Melee practice before G4S5. :)

p.s. the Gamestop on University Dr. is mine. (not the one in the mall... the other one)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
can anomaly or munkus call the tuscaloosa locations. they'll probably not even recognize if I call again, but just in case, i dont want them to be like "look kid we already told you" :-D

Majist

Smash Journeyman
can anomaly or munkus call the tuscaloosa locations. they'll probably not even recognize if I call again, but just in case, i dont want them to be like "look kid we already told you" :-D
munkus just told me that he went to the one by barnes & noble (the new one) and they told him they don't know anything yet and to check back on tuesday.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
One other person could participate at Jones Valley b/c it's 99% likely i won't be able to play regionals on march 15. i've had a track event planned for the last 2 months that i can't back out on D:

i'm still gonna try to win on march 8, but i'll probably hand off the title to the second place winner, hopefully being one of you guys:grin:

what would suck is if i hand off the title to someone and then my track event gets canceled due to rain or something. i think i would die.

i'm not really sure how to handle this, i guess if i win i'll just ask them what happens if i can't show up to the next match.... we'll see.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
shannon i was planing to come to yours, i don't particularly care about winning the regionals, but i just wanted to compete with you or rob and jones valley is closer. so i call dibs on jones valley with shannon :p

also moogle would you guys still be smashing around 9:30 tonight? cause i get off work then and i'd love to come smash.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
****, that's the one I was going to go to!
lol. well, jonathan, im gonna try to be at that one. i cant guarantee it yet. if i do have the time to go, then we can compete.

oh yeah, i should have some free time monday afternoon at my dorm around 6 if anyone wants to smash. leave a message. joel and jonathan, you guys have my number so just call me if you can. if you dont get me right away then just leave a voicemail. i may be at work.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
in case you guys were wondering.
List of Fastest Running Speeds in Brawl, from Fastest to Slowest (same number means same speed)
The most interesting fact to me is that Charizard runs the fastest of the three Pokemon that PT has.

1 Sonic
2 Captain Falcon
3 Fox
4 Zero Suit Samus
4 Sheik
6 Metaknight
7 Pikachu
7 Charizard
9 Diddy Kong
9 Marth
11 Yoshi
12 Donkey Kong
12 Toon Link
14 Pit
15 Game and Watch
16 Mario
16 Ivysaur
16 Bowser
16 Robot
16 Lucas
21 Samus
22 Falco
22 Lucario
24 Ice Climbers
24 Wolf
24 Ness
24 Olimer
28 Kirby
28 Squirtle
28 Ike
31 Link
31 Luigi
31 Snake
31 Peach
31 Wario
36 DeDeDe
36 Zelda
38 Gannondorf
39 Purin(Jigglypuff)

Cool Video proving it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdLECu0Zh4

Heres another video showcasing Sonic's speed.
With Bunny hood on, Sonic is FASTER than the cars on Big Blue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeBbmITWZ0o

Midguy

Smash Cadet
oh yeah, i should have some free time monday afternoon at my dorm around 6 if anyone wants to smash. leave a message. joel and jonathan, you guys have my number so just call me if you can. if you dont get me right away then just leave a voicemail. i may be at work.
I have to sit for a section of the CPA exam on Friday and will be studying all week, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it over. However, my priorities are all screwed up, so I may end up coming by Tuesday or Thursday anyway, lol.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I'll go ahead and say we'll smash on Saturday, maybe 2pm? I don't know if we'll have Brawl or not. >_< Though I do want some more Melee practice before G4S5. :)

p.s. the Gamestop on University Dr. is mine. (not the one in the mall... the other one)
Um. I called that like ten pages ago.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3922930&postcount=3391

I suppose there's just not enough GameStop for all of us. Now I'm a bit torn. I'd like to hang out with the GameStop guys I know and that is where my reserve is, but Jones Valley is closer and it's looking like I'd have a better shot at actually winning there.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
I have to sit for a section of the CPA exam on Friday and will be studying all week, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it over. However, my priorities are all screwed up, so I may end up coming by Tuesday or Thursday anyway, lol.
hahaha well i should have some time on tuesday and thursday. though on tuesday i probably wont get out of class until about 7:10 pm. just call me up.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So I just took a look at all the upcoming shows I want to go see in the next few months, and it's slightly overwhelming. I think I could be more excited than I was for all the Brawl hype I got caught up in. Go figure most of it's in Atlanta.

Pelican March 5th Bottletree Birmingham
Nachtmystium (Nile and uneXpect) March 12th Masquerade Atlanta
The Mars Volta April 5th Tabernacle Atlanta
Explosions in the Sky April 13th Variety Playhouse Atlanta
Symphony X May 1st Masquerade Atlanta
Keep of Kalessin May 2nd Masquerade Atlanta
Paganfest (Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Tyr, and Turisas) May 19th Masquerade Atlanta
Progressive Nation (Dream Theater, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me) May 28th Tabernacle Atlanta
Rush July 22nd Verizon Wireless Atlanta

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Um. I called that like ten pages ago.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3922930&postcount=3391

I suppose there's just not enough GameStop for all of us. Now I'm a bit torn. I'd like to hang out with the GameStop guys I know and that is where my reserve is, but Jones Valley is closer and it's looking like I'd have a better shot at actually winning there.
you actual care about winning? :p i want to get to the final round and then just give up on my last few seconds and let the other guy go to regionals. But we still love to see Rob at our location...perhaps...right majist? 0o It looks like i'm going to have a lot of friends at the Jones Valley location.

@moogle: Id there any way you could have brawl this weekend on saturday? i get off work at 10 but i'd still love to come and smash through the night if your up to it. Plus i need to get in a bit of Pit practice before the tourny. I've decided to main him as well as falco.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
@moogle: Id there any way you could have brawl this weekend on saturday? i get off work at 10 but i'd still love to come and smash through the night if your up to it. Plus i need to get in a bit of Pit practice before the tourny. I've decided to main him as well as falco.
I'm sure the last thing everyone that's attending G4S5 is going to want to do after they get home is play Smash Bros. On the other hand, I probably will anyway.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
So what's the carpool situation for G4S5? I was planning on driving and picking up my friend from Montgomery, but he can't go now because of work, so are there any available seats with anyone leaving from Birmingham or Huntsville? For those coming from Huntsville, I'm only 5 minutes out of the way (if that).

moogle

Smash Ace
@Rob... I think I'll move to one of the Gamestops in Madison Square Mall. You're still gonna have to contend with Joot at the one on University Dr (by Super Target).

@Saintrage... there's a melee tournament this Saturday! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139037

@George... \m/

@Midguy... I dunno how many people are gonna be in my car... I gotta ask

@people... hey, who wants to go to G4S5 this weekend? >_<

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
G4S4? Well first, we have to secure the Delorean from Back to the Future, and after that, I think we could squeeze 4 or 5 people into the car.

As for G4S5, my car has its 3 passenger seats filled. That's not to say there's no chance of squeezing another in, but I'd look for other alternatives first.

Top Bottom