• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Gamecrazy's midnight sell man ( although i bet i can get mine before midnight that day ).

And yea Rockband is fun, i enjoy it the most when im playing online with my friends.

j00t

Smash Champion
If I go to one of these I'd either play Wario or Metaknight. Prolly MK though, but I think Wario would be fun. :x

Majist

Smash Journeyman
sweeeet. all the things we could win:grin: this is gonna be awesome. All will fall before Ike's blade, wahahaha

edit: well moogle, i guess getting brawl two weeks early is gonna pay off, eh?

edit2: i called gamestop and they said they will be signing ppl up in the next couple of days, and it appears that there are in fact FIVE huntsville locations hosting tournaments...wow.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
You guys have fun playing in the Brawl tourny. I would play in them but i dont wanna play something competitively unless ive actually touched the game. It kinda sucks though cause you guys have played it and know how the game works and such and for the people who havent even got to play it yet... well its kinda unfair X/. Thats just me

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^hehe, i was just thinking about that. i was actually making up excuses in my head to say, should someone call me a cheater or something, lol. like, "i've played melee competitively for the last two years and i'm already used to the mechanics" or some bull**** like that:laugh:

gee, i sound confident i'm going to do well enough that i'd rouse suspicion.... hm.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think i'm gonna play peach, actually. She seems the most like her melee counterpart. and since i've never played the game, that'll probably help :-D plus, you can play peach without "looking too technical" hehe

you know what, thoug. they are probably going to make us use the wiimote or classic controller, yuck

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
you know what, thoug. they are probably going to make us use the wiimote or classic controller, yuck
I dont understand how they can "MAKE" you use a certain type of controller. Hell if they made me use a certain type of controller i would certainly argue with them about it... or atleast bring up some kind of point to use either of the 4 controller types.

Besides when i go to these local tournaments around here i always bring my own controller, and everytime i do almost every kid in the store always asks to use my controller to do like a 2v2 or something. I always tell them " Nope im sry but me and me alone touch my controller ".

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I dont understand how they can "MAKE" you use a certain type of controller. Hell if they made me use a certain type of controller i would certainly argue with them about it... or atleast bring up some kind of point to use either of the 4 controller types.

Besides when i go to these local tournaments around here i always bring my own controller, and everytime i do almost every kid in the store always asks to use my controller to do like a 2v2 or something. I always tell them " Nope im sry but me and me alone touch my controller ".
it seems like to make everything smooth, they will provide the controllers, and if they provide controllers they will probably be Wii controllers

do we have to pre-register for these tournaments

Majist

Smash Journeyman
it seems like to make everything smooth, they will provide the controllers, and if they provide controllers they will probably be Wii controllers

do we have to pre-register for these tournaments
i don't know if it's REQUIRED to pre-register, but you can, and i would suggest doing so. the guy at the store told me they'd be taking signups within the next few days. i don't know the specific rules of the tournament yet D:

and yeah tarnish, i keep one of my best controllers in my car at all times, lol. i'll be taking it to the tourney as well. there's no WAY i'm going to use a wiimote....unless they give me candy.

i'll ask the manager about controllers when i go to sign up. i'm gonna check back on it on saturday.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Well Janitor, there are two being held in T-town. I'm going to the newer location, you can have dibs on the mall :O

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i hope to god items will be disabled.

but since it's the release, they'll probably allow EVERYTHING. and what about the unlockable characters? suppose, will, that wolf isn't unlocked. dum dum DUUUUUM!!!

but MK's a starting character, right?

i might use zelda. that would be epic to win with her. but my first pick is, of course, Ike

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'd use MK. I am rolling over in my mind the things I can to with MK to an unexpecting lot.

And he'll have more kill moves with items on anyway ;O

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Oooo... munkus nice video. So you like the KSE too eh ? Very nice !!

You may like some other metal or rock bands i like. If you wanna look at some of my others bands check out my myspace.

www.myspace.com/t4rn1sh

Lol, everyone knows what i look like now >.<

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

Majist

Smash Journeyman
lol @ munkus. i hate KSE. i loved the songs they had on the radio with minimal GRAAAA syndrome (giggle), but everything else they do is all screaming. it's too much for me. i'm a metal fan as well, but i can't stand all that screaming.

Tarnish, is Claymore a good anime? i recently discovered it, but i haven't seen it.

sorry for spam...

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
radio doesn't play enough metal! I mean, maiden and judas priest ain't graaaah bands and they're metal as ****.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
You guys talking about "metal" is really amusing, especially considering Killswitch leans more towards hardcore than metal.

And Ahrny, I'm at UAB every day, and I almost always carry a controller and a copy of Smash with me. You have my number.

The night Brawl releases, I'll probably just hit up either of the tournaments in Hoover, and then play at someone else's house, depending on who's in town that weekend.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
and oh yeah, I don't know of anything specific going on the night of brawl release. I'm hitting up the Vestavia tourney since its closest, but then again, I may crash whatever tourney George is at just to be an *** =). I was just planning on going home and unlocking stuff that night, but if y'all have better plans, let me know.

If yall do get together and want to play sometime soon, I work a day job so I'm available most nights (except poker night on Wednesday). I live and work in Homewood, so driving to UAB isn't that big of a deal.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Wait, Janitor, which tourny you want? Mall or the one next to Barnes and Noble?
i'm probably going to the mall
edit: I just called the mall, and they made it seem like they weren't doing it. but it could have been a case of "i dont know the details so i'll make something up".

I also called midtown village and he said "we don't have all the details about it yet"

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Tarnish, is Claymore a good anime? i recently discovered it, but i haven't seen it.
Yea man Claymore is a good Anime, its not in english but I watched it with subtitles which dint make it bad or annoying. The ending is open and i hate open ended anime's XD. If you do watch it i do recommend watching it on *cough* Veoh XP.

I'm also finishing up "Witch Hunter Robin" and starting "Noein". There's a ton of Anime i plan on watching but i dont like watching more then 2 series's at a time. If you want to find all the Anime and Manga you want go here http://myanimelist.net/ . If you end up making a profile on there add me "T4RN1SH" .

You guys talking about "metal" is really amusing, especially considering Killswitch leans more towards hardcore than metal.
Man even though KSE isnt specifically "Metal" i have tons of other bands that are much much louder and harder. Just go back to my profile and scroll down and look at all of my bands i listen to.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i'm probably going to the mall
edit: I just called the mall, and they made it seem like they weren't doing it. but it could have been a case of "i dont know the details so i'll make something up".

I also called midtown village and he said "we don't have all the details about it yet"
man, NOBODY knows the details yet. i talked to the store at jones valley again today and asked if he knew anything. He said he didn't just yet, but he was supposed to know more details "very soon." so....who knows.
Yea man Claymore is a good Anime, its not in english but I watched it with subtitles which dint make it bad or annoying. The ending is open and i hate open ended anime's XD. If you do watch it i do recommend watching it on *cough* Veoh XP.

I'm also finishing up "Witch Hunter Robin" and starting "Noein". There's a ton of Anime i plan on watching but i dont like watching more then 2 series's at a time. If you want to find all the Anime and Manga you want go here http://myanimelist.net/ . If you end up making a profile on there add me "T4RN1SH" .
thanks, dude. that's a cool site:lick:

...i have no idea what that smiley is good for, i just felt like using it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
All I know is that winners go to the district finals, who go to the regional finals, who go to the national finals.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, I went ahead and created an Alabama Thread on All is Brawl (formerly known as Tia Tournament Archive). The first post is essentially a copy-paste of Moogle's first post in this one but with edits reflecting that website. I'll be updating player information for anyone who posts in the thread and such, and I know it will get confusing with two threads, but it might work out.

You can find the thread here.

j00t

Smash Champion
Neat stuff. Maybe you should take the list off for now. Put it back up when Brawl is out and everyone has a character to work with. Also, most of the list doesn't post on here anymore.

Top Bottom