• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i love how the highest level melee looks the same as high level brawl

edit: actuall this is worse than brawl
That's only halfway true. That MU is a horrendous outlier. It's impossible to have a match like that with a Fox, Falco, Falcon, or Sheik there and that is the VAST majority of melee matches.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
nietono is ****ing amazing

he just 2 stocked ****ing ADHD.

olimar's gonna rise on our tier list due to the ****ing japanese lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
That's only halfway true. That MU is a horrendous outlier. It's impossible to have a match like that with a Fox, Falco, Falcon, or Sheik there and that is the VAST majority of melee matches.
i don't know if I believe those are the best characters anymore though. except Fox, who you could easily have a campfest with

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That doesn't matter two ****s. They're the most common characters meaning most games don't stand a chance of going to time.

Yink is bad and is only really good as a pocket. Would you really put Jiggz above Fox or Falco?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
That doesn't matter two ****s. They're the most common characters meaning most games don't stand a chance of going to time.

Yink is bad and is only really good as a pocket. Would you really put Jiggz above Fox or Falco?
probably. no fox is going to beat mango or hbox. and Fox has been going strong since the game came out, so I doubt its a matter of no ones good enough. camping wins smash, and jiggs does it better

i think the Ylink thing is a gimmick and hbox is going to figure it out eventually. and then he'll pretty much be m2k level guaranteed wins for a while.

metagames are cool you never know whats gonna happen.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so who won apex and all that?

the ddd's got wrecked 4god had to face coney first round.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Where were my Doubles games recorded?

ESAM is lucky that I took out all the Peaches out for him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Billy. You're a Snake, not a pinball. Q.Q

What was up with the Battlefield CP? I would think you'd want to take that somewhere you'd have more room if you're going to be switching to Snake. Can you explain the thought process to me?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i watched the stream for a long time and I noticed that the commentators (especially pierce) would often make little comments when a player did something they felt wasn't optimal in the match up. weirdly enough i actually learned some stuff. but then it got me to thinking about how there is like almost no good matchup information in the character boards here. its just a bunch of really basic **** by mostly mid level players. like "olimar outcamps us" like okay but you're not telling me how to play the matchup. how am I ever going to learn all this stuff?

edit: apparently youtube people dont appreciate pierce's commentary lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't really see the big deal, you were by far my favorite commentator. But whatever
That. I saw people hating, but I also saw people hating on Hungrybox for playing a match-up correctly, so people are stupid and Pierce shouldn't be letting them get to him.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Pierce, you are entirely too well-versed in the overall metagame and too knowledgeable about match-up information to not commentate. Take a breather and get back in there, please.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Because Z literally does these inputs in this order.

Frame 1 shield Frame 3 attack (might be frame 2 but idk)

Since Shiek's DACUS has to be accurate to a frame, that ONE frame of difference where the shield is inputted makes it to where it won't work.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Because Z literally does these inputs in this order.

Frame 1 shield Frame 3 attack (might be frame 2 but idk)

Since Shiek's DACUS has to be accurate to a frame, that ONE frame of difference where the shield is inputted makes it to where it won't work.
I think that's incorrect, but, you're not too far off.

It does Shield and Attack on Frame 1, but if you hold it any longer, it is just Shield for the frames afterward. If you hold the button, the grab doesn't buffer, and you just get a shield to come out. This is why the Wario chaingrab requires you to press and let go of Grab before the buffer window ends.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Also Luis, in case you didn't get a chance to confirm, you were right about Pit not being able to air release Wario. But it can happen on slanted stages like lylat and YI

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
All right, I've figured with the tournament being this weekend and with me not having any plans with my team on LoL.....that I'd try and make it to the tournament. Issue being though is that I don't have a ride. SO Cheap, if you're going would it be possible for me to just go to your house on Friday and sleep overnight? (Providing there would be room in the car and stuff)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
idk i wont have any extra money so no MM challenges for me.
i need to practice though i havent at all.

edit: cam, ill do ELO sets though cuz those dont cost money, so whoever wants to do an ELO set with me feel free to ask. and you dont have to change your main, cam.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
If I make it down to Phenix City next weekend, I'll ELO match anyone and everyone!

...that way I actually get to play Smash :3

*Cam*

Smash Lord
idk i wont have any extra money so no MM challenges for me.
i need to practice though i havent at all.

edit: cam, ill do ELO sets though cuz those dont cost money, so whoever wants to do an ELO set with me feel free to ask. and you dont have to change your main, cam.
Yeah, let's do it. Best of 3 or best of 5?

Top Bottom