• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Because of several things.
For one, you called him out on going back to a character he loved to play, and was his main. He tried to change his character as a good will gesture because YOU sold out on D3 to MK and -got mad when we banned him-. So Cam tried to show sympathy by playing a different character, but didn't like it. And then you're going to start talking all this **** because you beat him in a bad match up? Bro, good for you and all, but there is no reason to start talking all sorts of **** to him. Be proud of yourself, sure, but don't get cocky.

And also, you're just generally being a d.ick head. Seriously, keep your thoughts to yourself and out of the community if you're going to try and argue.
give me evidence that i "sold out"
i was watching tons of MK videos and messing around with him casually on the side for a lonnnnng time and using him in friendlies in tournament ever since i started getting bored with wario. anyone in alabama can back that fact up for you. i explained my interest in mk and how i really wanted to expand my horizons and see all that brawl really could offer me and i felt like mk could do basically anything so i picked him up. not to exploit brawl, but to try and discvoer it more.

now i dont care if im convincing you of anything or not but this is the honest to god process of how i came about to be a mk main. i dont understand how you think that everyone who plays mk "sold out" there are tons of different reasons why someone would pick up a character and they are not all based around winning. i didnt even expect to win with mk i was just trying to explore the game and learn about it. i never even believed mk was broken. or better stated i never knew how to play mk to his full potential and be really gay with him.

AGAIN YOU ARE ARGUING ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT

like i said get the **** out of my buisiness

im not being cocky..... well maybe i am because im the only person here that has been forced to change mains. and how do you know that cam "didnt like it" he just said he went back to pikachu to win.. you are assuming waaaaayyyy too much here. if it wasnt for all your biased assumptions you wouldnt have anything to post about on this subject. sorry if me typing in caps offended you saint.

@cam
yes you said that. i know i am a pretty big troll and like starting drama sometimes to spice things up for my own entertainment but that isnt the case this time, and i didnt really think i said anything offensive to you as a person or anything untrue.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
@cam
yes you said that. i know i am a pretty big troll and like starting drama sometimes to spice things up for my own entertainment but that isnt the case this time, and i didnt really think i said anything offensive to you as a person or anything untrue.
Well, I'm not going to deny that I'm better with Pikachu than I am Olimar, but there's no telling if I would have won at AUSOM using Pikachu. Regardless, I acknowledge that you could have beaten my Pikachu with MK and that you are still adjusting to a new main.

EDIT: I didn't go back to Pikachu to win. I went back to Pikachu because I prefer his playstyle to Olimar's. I prefer having recovery options as well as really great mobility.

Slam, I do believe you genuinely like MK for his playstyle, not because he's broken.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i know that everyone in alabama knows that i liked mk for his playstyle, cam. or everyone that was around long enough to when i was a wario main back in the day. i switched from wario bc i didnt like his playstyle.
that and the fact that you can watch videos of my mk and clearly see that i do not know how to abuse his brokeness and was pretty bad at SL, nadoing, and properly using my tilts.

also, it was just a comment i didnt appreciate because i have been knocked so far back by having to change mains so many times. sure, rag had to do so also, but he is a much better player than me i guess because he doesnt seem to be struggling with it at all. ive just struggled so much to learn new characters well enough to go SOLO maining them IN TOURNAMENT that it sucks when i hear any comments like that. how hard would it be if you still had to use solo olimar in tournament and never touch your pikachu and on top of that ppl were talking down to you about your olimar? i wasnt getting off on who was a better player/ who wouldve won if mk wasnt banned. or maybe it came out that way, but i dont believe that was truely what i was getting at.

edit: ok i believe you about why you switched from olimar. although i have to say that olimar's recovery isnt as bad as some other characters.
also i'd like to add that i said i never felt character pride with mk because he isnt one of my original favorite nintendo characters or anything like that. i was just using him to explore options in brawl.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You're asking me to defend a comment that I don't even remember making, and to be honest, it doesn't sound like something I would say. Maybe I made a comment about my Olimar and you interpreted it that way. Despite my skepticism about making the comment, I apologized anyway. I'm not sure what else you expect from me.

But even if I said that (which I don't think I did), I find it strange that you are being hypersensitive to my comments when you have antagonized me for months.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I love how despite the arguments that go on in this thread, everyone is so friendly to each other in person. So with that, don't take what Slam says and make it rub you the wrong way, he just has a direct way of expressing himself lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Sorry for losing my head. It seemed like you were attacking Cam for something I personally couldn't see him saying for almost no reason.
If that isn't the case, then I apologize for that.

I also apologize for saying you sold out to MK.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
whenever im on here you are just a name on a screen with no personality or any type of existance whatsoever.
its weird it doesnt seem to matter how many times i see you guys or how we interact irl, the MOMENT i log back onto SWF you guys go right back to being a random avitar who i trick myself into thinking i will never see again. (wtf) it makes no sense at all.
if we interact over facebook though, i will treat you much differently. namely proly cuz i can see your face and you become much more of a person to me via the internet.

also you guys forget that i have tourettes and also prolly some type of mania or bipolar disoder lmao so that on top of having an internet mask may be influencing the way i interact on here. so its not really anything personal. also like kola said, when there isnt THAT much of a need for social regards (like ona forum board) i tend to be ALOT more straight forward about things and say them very rudely. but that doesnt mean i always mean something by it. also you guys forget i have done every drug in America over hundreds of times (except meth) and the way i socialize ANYWHERE isnt really all that normal or rational.
but cam, you did say it im jus sayin idk im not the type of person that like makes things up or takes evvvverrrything the wrong way and turns it around. i admit i do that sometimes though.

but what kola said. times three hundred million.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also i apologize to saint and cam too for being rude and ill try to think things through before i say them more.
and also yeah, that wasnt the case saint, but i just do not explain things very well before i say them and i come off very wrong and make no attempts to fix it. so you arent entirely wrong in assuming that because that is what it seemed like i was saying. but it wasnt though. but that is why i realize i must think before i type.

ouch, im not hypersensitive am i? : /
i just wanna be good at this game but i keep getting thrown curveballs and i am envious of the people who are reaping rewards for the time they have put into smash.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
also janitor wanna team at phenix city if i give you a ride and all that?
also do you still have my number? lets get together and smash or/and get wasted.
hrmm...um i may not have any extra money to do teams, but if I do then sure. only if you promise to kick everyones *****. seriously lets take that ****.

i'm not sure who to play in teams though. i might just try pit, but pits not good unless he's camping lol. snake's good but i never feel like I have control of my character when i play him in teams probably just go pit

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
do you still want a ride t1j? i could prolly make that happen.
yes. and i just got some money so i should be able to do teams.

yo real talk if you want to come like the day before to practice i'm down lol I WANT TO WIN
let me know early because if you don't i'm gonna go to the bar lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not sure if I'm going or not, haven't played the game since the last tournament Raf/Reflex hosted so I have absolutely no practice. Not to mention I'm no longer right next to Cheap :/

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah basically i was gonna ask the same thing t1j.
do you wanna practice at your place or mine? we can get some beer or some **** even if we are just practicing.

i wish there was a way to practice teams buuuttt only thing that coems to mind is 2v2 wifi and that would kinda suck alot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not sure if I'm going or not, haven't played the game since the last tournament Raf/Reflex hosted so I have absolutely no practice. Not to mention I'm no longer right next to Cheap :/
Koooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Call it a vacation, not a lack of practice. You've still got this ****.

@Doubles Practicing - It's a *****, isn't it? My partner is halfway across the state for three quarters of the year, but hey, we didn't do badly at all for just picking it up at Resist. You guys will do fine if you stick at it. I'm not gonna say brackets will be unkind to you because there's some mean teams out there that don't even include Reflex or the upper level GA players. I know Cam and Spade want to win and M3T and I certainly don't plan on dropping sets, but you two should stick together and start entering the event more.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Jelly Ryker? My lunch is only $2 for a nice filling meal, and it is so relaxing to be with other youngins. Beats college life anyday ;D

But yeah school is on hold for me until July, when I move to PC Florida. :/

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jelly Ryker? My lunch is only $2 for a nice filling meal, and it is so relaxing to be with other youngins. Beats college life anyday ;D

But yeah school is on hold for me until July, when I move to PC Florida. :/
PC meaning Pensacola? This is good news for me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh that is a pity, they both had such nice potential as players. Well hopefully things will liven up during the summer then.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
There is no one.
50 miles away is Ryker/Rag.
In town, Doode and Eggroll never play anymore. ):
We can play.But usually your working/cant at your place

Me and Manko usually get down on melee but i still play this brawl game yo.

make the effforrrrrtttt :D
Kola you moving here??

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
My brother totaled Billy's car in New Jersey (slid on a patch of ice). As far as I know, everyone is fine, but I don't know how close they are to the venue, or if going to Apex is even an option for them anymore.

CORRECTION: damage on the car does not appear to be critical.

Top Bottom