• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hey, guys, I found a Steelseries USB gamepad in my car. I can't remember the last time I had people in my car, but I figured it belongs to someone in this thread. I would have posted about it earlier, but I don't really ever have a reason to check the back seat.

:phone:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
is there any general rules about smash DI, or does it vary wildly depending on what move it is?
im gona start taunting like reflex yo. Pits taunts are obnoxious

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i hope this Apex is as hype as the last one. you realize there was a ****ing Olimar in grand finals at the last Apex? thats nuts

also, you guys notice how competitive brawl is getting 'faster'? like the matches are getting more and more fun to actually watch. you're seeing more combinations and followups and matches arent as long

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
also, you guys notice how competitive brawl is getting 'faster'? like the matches are getting more and more fun to actually watch. you're seeing more combinations and followups and matches arent as long
We'll see about that once APEX matches are up. :smirk:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No. It's actually the last day unity allows it too because it's APEX and people had bought plane tickets and etc. We'll see how Alex swings next year.

Reflex, who're you playing here? Just one or both?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i kept asking if there was a car driving to APEX from alabama though >_>
you guys just dont like me lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
i kept asking if there was a car driving to APEX from alabama though >_>
you guys just dont like me lol
I think Reflex replied and stated the car situation a couple of times.

I mean from what I know, the people from AL that did want to go got their carpool situated early. Iirc they finalized it in like late August early September with Billy,Kismet and some GA people. So pretty much outside of that 1 car, there wasn't another car going because the lack of interest.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, who're you playing here? Just one or both?
Mostly Wario with some PT here and there. PT will help against certain bad matchups (maybe Peach, probably Dedede, probably Meta Knight) and will let me gimmick someone who destroys Wario.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im rooting for TC and zekey the two ddds i know that are going (there may be more going idk about it though) so in my book i think TC is gonna win this.

i think im starting to become a fanboy of the character i play again and proud to main someone. funny how that stopped once i decided i was interested in mk lol.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah hopefully 4god does really good. ill add him to my list of ppl im cheering for.
d3 is honestly my fav char on the brawl cast and he was my original main while i was still a casual, although i dropped him even before my first tournament.
it pisses me off that im still not very adequate with d3 though. it takes so much time for me to grow comfortable with a character, and it doesnt help that the character boards are pretty much void of info these days.

also, cam im not trying to call you out but its pretty lame that you dont count my win against you at AUSUM as much as you did your win at resist because you "werent using your main" at AUSUM.
***** IM STILL NOT USING MY MAIN!!! WTF???
YOU THINK I ACTUALLY HAVE ANY SORT OF TOURNEY EXPERIANCE WITH D3 *****? ALSO GOOD JOB ON GIVING UP ON USING A NEW CHAR IN TOURNEY TOO ITS REALLY ****ING HARD ISNT IT? AND GOOD JOB ON GETTING BODIED ON A -3 MU FOR D3 BY A BRAND ****ING NEW D3 WHO DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE **** HE WAS DOING LMAO ***** IVE HAD TO SWITCH MAINS THREE TIMES AND YOU COULDNT EVEN DO IT ONCE FOR MORE THAN ONE TOURNAMENT. PLEASE COME BACK WITH MAIN JOHNS WHEN YOU GROW SOME BALLS
im sorry but i just rewatched our video and it just pisses me off and i just have to set the matter straight.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also janitor wanna team at phenix city if i give you a ride and all that?
also do you still have my number? lets get together and smash or/and get wasted.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Holy ****.
You need to calm down, sir.
I haven't seen that much **** come out of a person's mouth since George Bush said the war was over.

Seriously though, I sincerely recommend taking that back, if for no other reason than Cam is a really nice guy who would never talk down to anyone, and thus doesn't deserve anyone to talk down to him.

However, if you need another reason, I'd be happy to provide you with several reasons why you should take that back.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok you can tell me something else. lmao

im only stating a point. sorry if it is in caps. sorry if i cussed. but its true. he said he would switch mains for the season. he switched back. then said that he only lost to me cuz he wasnt using his main at ausum. but the fact of the matter is that im not using my main either.
so cam was being a *******. i remembered about it. said something.

please dont call me sir or use that phrase ever. reflex is the only one that can do that and it seems natural to me idk why

*Cam*

Smash Lord
yeah hopefully 4god does really good.
d3 is honestly my fav char on the brawl cast and he was my original main while i was still a casual, although i dropped him even before my first tournament.
it pisses me off that im still not very adequate with d3 though. it takes so much time for me to grow comfortable with a character, and it doesnt help that the character boards are pretty much void of info these days.

also, cam im not trying to call you out but its pretty lame that you dont count my win against you at AUSUM as much as you did your win at resist because you "werent using your main" at AUSUM.
***** IM STILL NOT USING MY MAIN!!! WTF???
YOU THINK I ACTUALLY HAVE ANY SORT OF TOURNEY EXPERIANCE WITH D3 *****? ALSO GOOD JOB ON GIVING UP ON USING A NEW CHAR IN TOURNEY TOO ITS REALLY ****ING HARD ISNT IT? AND GOOD JOB ON GETTING BODIED ON A -3 MU FOR D3 BY A BRAND ****ING NEW D3 WHO DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE **** HE WAS DOING LMAO ***** IVE HAD TO SWITCH MAINS THREE TIMES AND YOU COULDNT EVEN DO IT ONCE FOR MORE THAN ONE TOURNAMENT. PLEASE COME BACK WITH MAIN JOHNS WHEN YOU GROW SOME BALLS
im sorry but i just rewatched our video and it just pisses me off and i just have to set the matter straight.
I don't know what you mean by "you don't count my win against you at AUSOM as much as you did your win at resist." If you mean the ELO, I don't input anything based on characters. It may be that you beat me 2-1 at AUSOM whereas I beat you 2-0 at Resist. It may also be that the tournament matches are added to the ELO in chronological order, and AUSOM 4 was the first tournament I inputted. Therefore, people's rankings weren't as accurately established by that point. Everyone started out even when I input AUSOM 4's results.

I went back to Pikachu because my friends at Auburn actually begged me to do so. They insisted that no one would care except maybe Munkus who doesn't go anyway.

Regarding the MK ban, I will admit we should have presented the ban to the community much better. I think we should have announced that change was coming and that we were considering banning him. We should have given our reasoning when we actually banned him. However, I still think we did the right thing by banning him at our tournaments. And yes, it was a group decision; 12 tournament organizers voted on it. I was actually anti-ban for a very long time until Ryker and Reflex convinced me that he needed to go.

I respect the fact that you've had to pick up a new character, and I think you've performed quite well given the circumstances. If it bothers you that much that I used Pika in our last set, then I'll play you in an ELO set at the next tournament using someone besides Pikachu. Heck, if we play in tournament again this season, I won't use Pikachu.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
thats what you told me later that day, that the only reason i won is because you werent using your main at AUSUM. thats just what you said i wasnt talking about ELO or whatever.
and i think thats a pretty dumb thing to say given the circumstances (mk ban, saying you would change, etc etc.)and the fact that you fought someone who wasnt using their main either. and it was trash talk and talking down to me because YOU banned my character so when i remembered about it, and saw how horrid my d3 was, i didnt appreciate the comment or think that it was valid.

saint **** off and get off my **** and get out of my buisiness. and give me some reasons to shutup even though you dont know what im talking about you ignorant **** who is trying to get brownie points with reflex or some **** by butting into random **** and playing moral police.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i dont see how it is that ****ty of me to say what i said.
Because of several things.
For one, you called him out on going back to a character he loved to play, and was his main. He tried to change his character as a good will gesture because YOU sold out on D3 to MK and -got mad when we banned him-. So Cam tried to show sympathy by playing a different character, but didn't like it. And then you're going to start talking all this **** because you beat him in a bad match up? Bro, good for you and all, but there is no reason to start talking all sorts of **** to him. Be proud of yourself, sure, but don't get cocky.

And also, you're just generally being a d.ick head. Seriously, keep your thoughts to yourself and out of the community if you're going to try and argue.

Edit
things involving dumb stuff and angry words
Yeah, I'm done trying to be nice to you. Good luck with D3.

Edit:
but....the war is over :troll:
Not whenever he said it. ;D

*Cam*

Smash Lord
thats what you told me later that day, that the only reason i won is because you werent using your main at AUSUM. thats just what you said i wasnt talking about ELO or whatever.
and i think thats a pretty dumb thing to say given the circumstances (mk ban, saying you would change, etc etc.)and the fact that you fought someone who wasnt using their main either. and it was trash talk and talking down to me because YOU banned my character so when i remembered about it, and say how horrid my d3 was, i didnt appreciate the comment or think that it was valid.

saint **** off and get off my ****
Slam, I don't remember saying that at all. If I did, then it was a stupid thing to say and I'm sorry. If not, then you are remembering incorrectly.

I do remember talking to people at Auburn after the tournament who specifically told me that I lost because I used Olimar against you, and I told them that you had to use a new character too.

EDIT: I'll also concede that you lost to me at Resist because you had to switch mains. Had you known the matchup or had you been able to use MK, you would have almost certainly beaten me.

Top Bottom