• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
on Ness's intro: invisible Delorean is invisible.
on Ness's victory music: they changed it. this saddens me more than i thought it would. :(:(

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Munkus called to congratulate me on my Brawl debut. Maybe next time, Moogle.
um, that-that was *cough* me... :/
shannon, you want to plan a few roadtrips to atlanta then? If his plan was to get us off our ***** and go to his place...well mission ****ing accomplished.
the one problem with this particular mission: i'm broke. unless you or my parents can spot me $50 for gas, i ain't goin nowhere. i've got too many bills D:
Wow wolf is in brawl, i was kinda hoping for crystal but that works too. even though this roster is only 35 characters i still think its pretty badass. It makes me want to main everyone ><

I am going to miss falco though. no more SHL for me. but i've decided for sure i'll be playing sonic and wolf. They are just too awesome.
F*CK F*CKING KRYSTAL!!!! star fox adventures was worthless, and so was she! she was such a b*tch to fox after he saved her too! he's all, "hey are you okay?" and she's all, "my staff! i've got my staff back! now i can shoot the most pathetic fire spell ever seen in gaming at the huge floating Krazoa head of death!!" psh, you knew fox was whipped when he got up and did the dirty work in defeating andross while she sat down there playing with herself. i woulda been like, "well f*ck you too, biznatch! you can fight him on your own! i never wanted to go on this stupid adventure anyways! i've had this f*cking baby dinosaur follow me around cuz his mom told me i had to take care of him, and he's worthless!! i'd be trying to sneak up on an enemy so i could helplessly wail on him with this f*cking TWIG you call a staff, and he'd be like, 'let's play!! i wanna play, throw me the ball!!' and i'm like, 'seriously? are you kidding me? now? you ****, why should i EVER throw that ball for you, huh? all you do is change colors! what the hell good does that do?! i thought that maybe something good would happen after sitting on my *** for an HOUR doing this bullcrap, like maybe you'd get some cool ability and shoot fire out your *** or something, but no. all you do is change colors, and you're still worthless.' i would tell him to go dig up something, and what does he bring me? a d*mn ALMOND. wow, thanks bro. i've only been at full health the whole time, but thanks. seriously, why can't he ever dig up scarabs or something?! i'll take some GREEN ones, i don't care! just give me something, so i can go buy all the frickin maps cuz nintendo couldn't think of anything USEFUL for me to spend my insects on! he's worthless and he smells. and YOU can just kiss my furry ***. i've got a late night with Kat anyway, so f*ck you, you furry purple *****!!"

so yeah, screw krystal. i love you saint <3

...but screw krystal. wolf pwns.

Sensai

Smash Master
I finally got Smashboards to work decently...on a Mac. At work. Bleh. I'm not gonna go to work to catch up on Smash news, dammit.

Also, saddening news: my friend is NOT getting Brawl this weekend. Probably not for another week or two, if even then.

I am a sad panda.

Also: I can't watch half the videos that you guys posted 'cause my Flash player isn't good enough. YouTube, yes, Gametrailers, no.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I love Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series!

On an unrelated note, does anyone else want to play Saturday? D:

coach

Smash Apprentice
im glad i havent been able to access smashboards for a week after seeing the last 2 pages.

In other news, here's a consolidated list of everything copy pasta'd for anyone who's been under a rock for the last day or 2:

The Character List, unmolested
<spoiler /><spoiler>
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Sheik
10. Ganondorf
11. Toon Link
12. Kirby
13. Meta Knight
14. King Dedede
15. Pikachu
16. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle
17. Pokemon Trainer - Ivysaur
18. Pokemon Trainer - Charizard
19. Jigglypuff
20. Lucario
21. Fox
22. Falco
23. Wolf
24. Samus
25. Zero Suit Samus
26. Donkey Kong
27. Diddy Kong
28. Lucas
29. Ness
30. Ike
31. Marth
32. Pikmin and Olimar
33. Pit
34. Ice Climbera
35. Mr. Game and Watch
36. ROB
37. Snake
38. Sonic
39. Captain Falcon
</spoiler>
Total - 39 Characters. Yes, I split Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, and all three Pokemon from PT because they have different move sets, different attributes, etc. And all of them, save for ZSS, can be selected on the Character Selection screen

The Stages
For consistency's sake, I grouped the stages together with the character they're most likely associated with.
<spoiler /><spoiler>
Nobody -
1. Battlefield
2. Final Destination
3. Electroplankton
4. Smashville
5. Pictochat

Mario -
6. Mario Circuit
7. Delfindo Plaza
8. Mushroomy Kingdom
9. Rainbow Ride
10. Classic Super Mario Bros.

Luigi -
11. Luigi's Mansion

Yoshi -
12. Yoshi's Island
13. Yoshi's...Island

Pokemon Trainer -
14. Pokemon Stadium 1
15. Pokemon Stadium 2

Lucario -
16. Mt. Coronet (From D/P, apparently)

Link -
17. Bridge of Eldin
18. Pirate Ship

Zelda -
19. Hyrule Temple (/shrug, I don't know, felt like giving her a stage)

Fox -
20. Lylat Cruise
21. Corneia

Samus -
22. Norfair
23. Brinstar
24. Frigate Orpheon

DK -
25. Rumble Falls

Wario -
26. WarioWare

Pit -
27. Skyworld

Ike -
28. Castle Siege

Metaknight -
29. Battleship Halberd

Snake -
30. Shadow Moses ISland

Sonic -
31. Green Hill Zone

Lucas -
32. New Pork City

Ness -
33. Onett

Ice Climbers -
34. The Summit

Captain Olimar -
35. Distant Planet

Captain Falcon -
36. Port Town
37. Big Blue

Mr. Game and Watch -
38. Some stage we don't know the name of yet

Current Total: 38
Expected Total: 41
Probable new additions:
+1 DK Stage
+1 ROB Stage
+1 Kirby Stage

Media
<spoiler /><spoiler>
http://www.youtube.com/user/bdcool187 - Lots of awesome videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowHero1991 - Ditto, believe this guy was recording the stream

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Apparently there's also a stage called Jungle Garden. No idea what it's from, but I'd assume DK.

Edit: supposedly it's a Melee stage, so it could be Jungle Japes.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I love Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series!

On an unrelated note, does anyone else want to play Saturday? D:
if you are planning to come to huntsville, i won't turn down an opportunity to meet another smasher :bigthumbu

is anyone doing anything for the super bowl?

@coach: i didn't know port town was a stage :O i'm surprised they didn't keep mute city in. that's the best-known f zero stage. plus, big blue was a TERRIBLE stage. i know that's old news but still. i wish they'd do fire field or cosmo terminal. those were my favorite stages :/

j00t

Smash Champion
Marth's up-smash did 25 damage? Jeez.

And Ganondorf looks AWFUL. Runs like a ***, down-airs like a ***, does a Warlock Backhand, does a Spartan Kick, etc. etc....

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
"you'll have to log lots of time with him"

translation:

"yes, he sucks again"?

:-P j/k who knows

EDIT: i successfully made a post AND and edit without smashboards lagging on me? are we back in business!?? lmfao

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Smashboards does seem to be loading better now. Hopefully, now that everyone got their spoilers, they won't be bogging the site down as much.

Poor Ness. Lucas seems to address a lot of Ness' issues as a character, but Ness still seems to have trouble. While Lucas' recovery looks like it will be easier to do, with PK Thunder passing through opponents, Ness still gets screwed by people who decide to get hit by the move before Ness can hit himself. :(

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Marth's up-smash did 25 damage? Jeez.

And Ganondorf looks AWFUL. Runs like a ***, down-airs like a ***, does a Warlock Backhand, does a Spartan Kick, etc. etc....
yeah i noticed that about marth too. but since smashboards has sucked for the past 54484218478 days, i couldn't post it :(

and SHAME on you for bashing on ganon!!! he looks awesome in that armor!! he does look weird while he runs, but it's all good. i love his fighting animations.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Let's see what people can do with him without those L-Cancelled aerials. D:

Also, Marth's final smash seems to be the only one that is an absolute guaruntee to kill should it hit.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Hey. It has been a long time since I posted in here. Do any of you check out Tia Online? The Brawl Tournament website thing? There is a Bama Boys Group on there. Yall should join.

Anyways, are there any tournaments being thought of right now for Brawl? I am really wanting to play with some people.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I didn't realize falco was back in the game.....awesomeness my main is back and i am definitely going to main him again. his reflector looks like tons of fun and his forward air looks drastically improved. Even though his down air doesn't exactly spike anymore he looks like he actually be fun to melee with instead of just shl all over the place.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but its just sad to see people complain and whine about how there's no "wavedashing, L-canceling, or a few techs that were in Melee" and are now not in Brawl. You know something this little game is turning into Halo. The first Halo was good and everyone enjoyed it so much, then when Halo 2 came out everyone liked it but not as much as the first one but people grew to like it. Then Halo 3 acme out and people are ranting about how's there no BXR, Double Shot, blah blah..... its just pathetic. Brawl will be a great game ( regardless of not having all the Techs in it ).

THERE IS JUST NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE IS THERE.

( this does not go to anyone in the Alabama thread at all, i just felt like ranting :) )

Majist

Smash Journeyman
y'all need to post some links with all this character spec talk. i haven't seen all this stuff you guys are talking about, like falco's moves and such. G&W's FS is a giant squid, right?

and is it true there is NO L-cancelling? i didn't know that. i'm too lazy to search for it, though. i'm in complete agreement with no wavedashing, but i might be a little upset at no cancelling air moves... :/ i'll get over it. this game is going to rock so hard, none of us can comprehend the awesomeness that awaits us. you guys are all over this, way to go. being mature about this kind of thing, apparently, is quite rare. we know how to appreciate things, dammit. :grin:

shall we smash tomorrow? George, are you coming?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
y'all need to post some links with all this character spec talk. i haven't seen all this stuff you guys are talking about, like falco's moves and such. G&W's FS is a giant squid, right?

and is it true there is NO L-cancelling? i didn't know that. i'm too lazy to search for it, though. i'm in complete agreement with no wavedashing, but i might be a little upset at no cancelling air moves... :/ i'll get over it. this game is going to rock so hard, none of us can comprehend the awesomeness that awaits us. you guys are all over this, way to go. being mature about this kind of thing, apparently, is quite rare. we know how to appreciate things, dammit. :grin:

When the Brawl Demo was released at E4All people reported that lag-canceling was done automatically if you fast falled before doing you aerial, I'm not sure if this has been deconfirmed. But I dont expect all these random people putting up videos to be aware of that, so I'm not sure.

and yes @ game and watches final smash. its terrific. a giant ****ing squid just hovering and stabbing people with its tentacles. awesomeness.

also saw snakes final smash in action, and it looks cooler than it did in static pics. Snake also looks like a dope character in general.
Lucario is going to be high tier i think, btw. I predict it.
He's like Mewtwo (he has a "shadow ball" esqu move..plus the same really long rolls) except he's faster, and seems to be less floaty.

I'll come back and post the links to the videos. i dont feel like finding them right now.

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY:
more people die from bee stings than shark attacks per year.
aint that something

Sensai

Smash Master
Guys...everyone's final Smash: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/01/super-smash-bros-brawl-final-smashes-revealed/

Some people's Smashes are AMAZING (Marth in particular) while other's just blow (see: Jigglypuff, DK, Peach). C'mon.

And if that match posted by Munkus is ANY indication...this is going to be a much MUCH slower game then either Melee OR Smash64 were.

(Also: These aren't random people, Janitor. Masashi is in a few, that Pika from Munkus' video has advanced tech Melee vids up. These people are like us.)

saintrage

Smash Cadet

ok, check this site, watch the Wolf and falco vid near the bottom. As i watched wolf and falco play i saw tons of things that thrilled me about falco and wolf.

Falco's reflector slings out in front of him like a very quick link boomarang and doesn't seem to be too good for an actual initial attack. But for mid air and charging opponents this would be like and inturupting move. not realy something you can combo off of, but just something to throw out there to get them off your back or stop there initial attack. think i am going to have tons of fun with this reflector, depending on what you can do with it in mid air.

As for falco's "A" moves i love his new forward air, the beak drill, and i actually like what they've done to his dair. it doesn't alway spike, and reminds me of luigi's dair in melee.His smashes look about the same except his forward smash, which doesn't especially useful, but still good. i noticed that he can continually attack by spining and hit with his arms like a tornado. I couldn't tell if this was just the other version of his multiple kicks, or if it was a shorthop cancled nair (which i doubt) but i think his nair does the same thing.

As for wolf, they said in the impressions thread that in the air his reflector has the potential to shine spike. i don't know how useful this may urn out to be, but it will be fun learning. The thing i lied about wolf the most was his forward smash. Its like got marth range, and then some. And the fact that his b moves are cool as hell, the way he just shoots through the air, he's going to be a fun charcter

I'm excited about having to, generally, learn a new game, that alot of melee skills don't transfer over.

this link has a few other good 1v1 videos of some of the newer characters, and a couple old. I'm sure more will be added soon.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Woohoo, passed out last night, so nevermind that idea of going to Huntsville to play. :(

This guy's got some pretty good videos worth checking out.

He's already found a technique that lets you turn around after a dash but keep your momentum in the same direction when you jump, allowing characters with Bairs that would be good for approach but can't get a good amount of momentum going in the direction you want to go otherwise. Also looks like R.O.B. is going to be crazy in the air.

Soundtrack Torrent (requires in_cube winamp plugin from hcs64.com)

The soundtrack features 314 tracks, including victory music and long sound effects, but the vast majority of tracks are the actual BGM.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Wow i knew ROB was ganna be awesome from the look of the first video i seen him in. Snake still seems alright but ROB interests me alot more now.

Wow and Olimar looks sweet aswell, one of my favorite games on the gamecube finally comes to kickass in Smash... and he looks better than the IceClimbers.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ugh..I hope this game speeds up a whole bunch.

I know, I know. I'm complaining (shocker). But really...it's so SLOW.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I guess i can understand where your coming from about the speed problem Sensai, but regardless of how this game turns out there's no way im going back to Melee with no online and no one to play with in my area. Brawl is much easier for to play with others.

Majist

Smash Journeyman

it's okay man. i seriously doubt the game is THAT slow. yes, it's slower than melee, but it's not that slow, i'm willing to guarantee. the marth/pikachu fight in particular, was not by any means "slow." the attacks come out quite fast, especially marth's, of course. i think the characters are all floatier and the running speeds are decreased this time around. that would make it appear slow. but their actions will be quick enough, you'll see! have faith!!!! don't fret about things you don't know for sure.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

Sensai, you are insane. It's not that slow. It's slower than melee in the sense that you don't have fox jumping around all clackety clack on the controller wavedashing and waveshining as he d-air L-cancels into a shine followed into a smash attack in the span of a second.

But it's not slow.

Geeze, you sound like you'd be disappointed if this game where anything but smothered in cheetah blood before shipped.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
alright, munkus. i guess you could say it like that:embarrass

in any case, sensai's not insane, just very very excited about all the new things that are happening, yes? ganon's gonna rock, dude, don't worry. i'm right there with ya.

edit: that sheik player BLOWS btw :/

but sheik looks awesome. thx munkus

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well to the people who wont be playing Brawl and stick to Melee good for you, but for me ( ive said it once already ) I'll be playing Brawl now because there are no people in my area to play Melee with and since Brawl has online i can play with whomever i want. A game having online for me is great since Florence is full of None gamers as of lately ( well gamers that wont play games online ).

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey guys remember how everyone hated Melee when it first came out because it was "so different" and OMG they nerfed all the characters

yeah

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Top Bottom