• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm going to see Alabama vs Auburn (basketball) today with the fam.... not sure when I'm coming back to Huntsville. Coach is out of town too.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey JWT i never thought to ask you what system you play COD:4 on ?

If you play it on the 360 then we could play sometime if your interested.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I should probably play some games other than melee for abit...what os TF2? i probably know the game just dun recognize the acronym.

Sensai, you never answered my question about whether you'd be able to share brawl with us or not?

Cause i probably wouldn't mind actually driving to play with you if that was an option, but i was just curious.

j00t

Smash Champion
I should probably play some games other than melee for abit...what os TF2? i probably know the game just dun recognize the acronym.

Sensai, you never answered my question about whether you'd be able to share brawl with us or not?

Cause i probably wouldn't mind actually driving to play with you if that was an option, but i was just curious.
It's Team Fortress 2.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ saintrage: Hopefully. I'm not even sure it's going to be all done by this weekend...it's out on the 31st, hopefully leaked by the first...downloaded and burnt the next day?

I dunno. We'll see. The odds are I can convince my friend to bring it to our normal Smashing Arena if it all comes out ok.

Also, TF2 is Team Fortress 2, and you should get it. It's amazing. Joot, you too. Everyone, you too.

(Moogle, Coach, others who have TF2: Are we ever gonna play?)

Rob: My parents bought (what an odd word) me a 360 wireless thing...what was your Gamertag? And do we have to have gold to play Arcade games?

j00t

Smash Champion
@ saintrage: Hopefully. I'm not even sure it's going to be all done by this weekend...it's out on the 31st, hopefully leaked by the first...downloaded and burnt the next day?

I dunno. We'll see. The odds are I can convince my friend to bring it to our normal Smashing Arena if it all comes out ok.

Also, TF2 is Team Fortress 2, and you should get it. It's amazing. Joot, you too. Everyone, you too.

(Moogle, Coach, others who have TF2: Are we ever gonna play?)

Rob: My parents bought (what an odd word) me a 360 wireless thing...what was your Gamertag? And do we have to have gold to play Arcade games?
I'll consider it when I get my wireless router moved to my room (My internet isn't fit for online gaming yet. Coach suggests if I move it closer to the adapter i'll get better speeds.)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
:( - Sad Face.....

Sensai i have XBL i would love to play something with you whenever you have the chance. Add me whenever you feel like it and or want too. :ohwell:

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Tarnish and janitor: What are your naymes?

Everyone else (and this is totally about to turn into Brawl discussion boards for a second): Have you guys seen the new vids? All the demo clips and all that?

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=queensaki

They've been uploaded by a competitive player like us and, really, establish one thing in my mind: D3 (DeDeDe, I'm so clever) is going to make Ganon cry. He chaingrabs Ike from one side of the stage to the next, flies, and looks to be a heavy character.

Kirby looks playable again, which is good.

Ike looks like a slower and stronger Marth, minus the stupid grab. Not excited about that at all.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Kirby playable again? You underestimate Kirby! D:

While I'm definitely happy to see a few visible buffs for him, I'm interested to actually play him, since there's no substitute for the real thing. It looks like his up-air combos now instead of being a kill move, and he looks to have a lot better mobility in the air. Looks like hitting midair hammers will be tough but rewarding to anyone who can consistently pull it off.

D3's chaingrab nonsense is ridiculous. I've already seen someone chaingrab a Link to death on Bridge of Eldin (banned stage anyone?), and it looks like an easy way to build damage. Lesson is to not get grabbed by DeDeDe.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Man, they were using WIIMOTES for that.

I don't know if I should be scared because DDD is that easy to chain throw with on a wiimote

Or if the Ike player was just missing his techs/rolls

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
DeDeDe looks sick. he's heavy, strong, he has projectiles, INSANE reach (at least with what appears to be his f-smash), AND multiple jumps.
plus an awesome intro animation
i wasn't really too excited about him being in there...but he looks good.

Ike does look pretty slow and hard to manuever, but i can see him being a good character. I'm think Link is gonna be a lot better, as well as Kirby. Pokemon trainer looks dope too

i wish fox was on that demo.

lag from aerials (and any aerial moves, including B moves and Links hookshot) seems to be nonexistent in this game. i wonder what hte implications of that are

looks like masashi has taken an early liking to Ike

btw my gamer tag is theonejanitor :-D

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok, cool Janitor. Will add you sometime within the day.

Masashi looks to like Ike. I also seem to be drawn to him as of his recent playstyle change....maybe he's the new Ganondorf? Y'know, excluding the...err...new Ganondorf.

That chaingrab really is pretty silly. Doesn't look to DIable, either...Jesus.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
For all you XBLers: SK8orDIE82 is my gamer tag. Hit me up.

You will need an XBL Gold membership to play any game online. It's pretty cheap ($50 for 12 months).

j00t

Smash Champion
It's funny that no one has mentioned that Dedede wasn't jump-cancelling his grabs when he was chaingrabbing. Just thought i'd point that out.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i'm glad Ike has a f-B recovery to compensate for his ****ty upB recovery. he looks amazing. i wish they could have had a decent link player :/ whoo hoo can't wait to get my wii back. nintendo received it on thursday, so now i have "6-10 business days" to get it back, nice and repaired.

oh and yaaaay, i'm 22 now. woopty freakin da.

Sensai

Smash Master
Happy birthday, man! For a few days, I was only 2 years behind you.

@ Joot: I didn't mention that because it seemed obvious. Sorry.

Sensai

Smash Master
I added you Xboxers and have already talked, kinda, to Tarnish about the next subject. Tarnish, feel free to skip.

The ending for Assassin's Creed is terrible. That's all I have in me to say tonight.

j00t

Smash Champion
I added you Xboxers and have already talked, kinda, to Tarnish about the next subject. Tarnish, feel free to skip.

The ending for Assassin's Creed is terrible. That's all I have in me to say tonight.
You aren't gonna mention anything about Marth, Ganondorf, or Captain Falcon being seen in the SSE? :x

saintrage

Smash Cadet
DeDeDe looks sick. he's heavy, strong, he has projectiles, INSANE reach (at least with what appears to be his f-smash), AND multiple jumps.
plus an awesome intro animation
i wasn't really too excited about him being in there...but he looks good.

Ike does look pretty slow and hard to manuever, but i can see him being a good character. I'm think Link is gonna be a lot better, as well as Kirby. Pokemon trainer looks dope too

i wish fox was on that demo.

lag from aerials (and any aerial moves, including B moves and Links hookshot) seems to be nonexistent in this game. i wonder what hte implications of that are

looks like masashi has taken an early liking to Ike

btw my gamer tag is theonejanitor :-D
i was watching those vids and it seemed like 3D was a mix between peach, kirby, and ganondorf, with the ability to throw those things, i forgot their names, without much lag beforehand, or after. he seemed to have the weight of ganondorf and the power of ganondorf with almost every attack. And then the fact he flys like kirby? >.<

not to mention his fully charged forward smash does......*drum roll*...... 44% dmg..... oh and Ike's same move does 38% when fully charged. So from the looks of it it would seem that DeDeDe, even though he is a heavy character might actually be considered for higher tiers, what with the chain grabs, the power, the recovery, and the distance he can control with his wadldee's? is that the name? oh and did i mention how hard he is to kill?

lol i am so ready for this game >.< and want to know the full roster more than anything. Since gliding, wall grabbing, and sonic are in brawl, i am really really hoping they have Knuckles. I mean they have everything Knuckles could do in the original games and it would it just wouldn't make sense for them not to have him, so i could main him, no matter what tier he is. I love the sonic games and Knuckles is just too badass.

Oh and joot, i was listening to Show Me Your News, and they were talking about how in one of the japanese gaming magazines, they did a test on FD to see which characters died sooner with consecutive Mario forward smashes, and i think fox was dead last, or close to it, out of all the Characters the tested. Fox is a lightweight 0o....

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So the 35 person roster is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Who was looking forward to playing as ROB?

Put down your hand because you are a liar.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

R.O.B. doesn't bother me as much now as he initially did. I don't have a particular interest in playing as him, but I will give him a shot. Where G&W was a "WTF that's awesome!" character, R.O.B. is a "WTF were you thinking?" character. I know the 35-character roster wasn't exactly what we were all hoping for, but I'm definitely under the impression that this game is going to be the best game ever, regardless of who made the cut and who didn't.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Double posted. So guys, how about that delay! Definitely need to play this sooner than March 9th.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah. I've fallen behind on the news. Someone catch me up?

I've seen the trailer, saw Marth...where are Ganon and Falcon? And what's this nonsense about the 35 character roster confirmed?

I'm pretty sure everyone's seen the trailer, so guys, take a look at this. I absolutely hated the movie, but the trailer was pretty good and has done a lot of good things.

300 Smash.
http://news.filefront.com/super-smash-brothers-brawl-300/

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...seems like the **** has hit the fan, so to speak. Here's a pretty thorough list of what even the mainstream, not Smash addicted gaming press has gotten.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/29/super-spoiler-bros-brawl-major-leaked-roster-update-videos-a/

Also: my contact with a modded Wii is starting to get Smash as we speak. If it gets there tonight, I may in fact be playing tonight. Probably, though, it won't finish until tomorrow night or so...meaning on Friday afternoon I'll be Smashing.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
gahhh i want to play

Marth looks top tier again.

i'm excited about Falcon, as he became one of my favorite on Melee there near the end

wtf @ R.O.B., watch him be god-tier or sommin though :-D

Majist

Smash Journeyman
smashboards is still being really gay. why can't i post? let me post plz D:

i hope to god star wolf is playable. oh and will, brandon is gonna get to play a japanese version of brawl this weekend as well. marty knows a guy.... that's so stupid though. BRANDON gets to play brawl before US, and he doesn't give two ****s about it.. :/

@T1J: marth is actually not gonna be broken this time around. i've been told he's been given a shorter sword and doesn't deal as much damage. he's wicked fast though. i think he'll be more fun than stupid this time.

/steal
hey Rob, you're confirmed for Brawl!!:laugh:
/hide

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
That's clever, but mine's funnier:

300, The PG Version: http://www.black20.com/virals/?s=69

Munkus called to congratulate me on my Brawl debut. Maybe next time, Moogle.

Y'all. The kids on these boards are crazy. If the site wasn't so unstable, I'd be hopping from thread to thread with this basic message:

1. Apparently, Smash Bros. fans don't like surprises
2. There are some very ungrateful gamers out there. Quit yer b1tching and enjoy the roster. You might actually like it.

(this isn't actually directed at anyone on this thread)

But seriously. There's a whole thread called "why the Brawl roster sucks" and most of the world hasn't even played it yet. If I have to read one more ungrateful comment about how Geno should have been in Brawl from one more self-absorbed teenager, I will grind some heads.

That is all.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
shannon, you want to plan a few roadtrips to atlanta then? If his plan was to get us off our ***** and go to his place...well mission ****ing accomplished.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Wow wolf is in brawl, i was kinda hoping for crystal but that works too. even though this roster is only 35 characters i still think its pretty badass. It makes me want to main everyone ><

I am going to miss falco though. no more SHL for me. but i've decided for sure i'll be playing sonic and wolf. They are just too awesome.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Wow, this game absolutely can not come soon enough. Anyone else hear rumors about the game getting released in February anyway? Wishful thinking, I know.

I feel like going up to Huntsville to play with you guys one more time before Brawl releases. I'm not working Saturday, so maybe then?

Top Bottom