• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Sensai

Smash Master
When are you guys Smashing this weekend? I might be coming (I'm not sure how long I'll be in Huntsville).

At Coach: I finally got around to seeing Persepolis. I liked it but don't think I really understood it at all.

j00t

Smash Champion
When are you guys Smashing this weekend? I might be coming (I'm not sure how long I'll be in Huntsville).

At Coach: I finally got around to seeing Persepolis. I liked it but don't think I really understood it at all.
Tell me how to mod my Wii, pl0x. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
munkus, you should take me to hunstville with you one of these days

also i was under the impression that nintendo released a Wii update that prevent modded Wii's from operating or something like that

Sensai

Smash Master
@ theONEjanitor: No, they didn't. Everytime you update your Wii though, you run the risk of bricking your Wii...although it hasn't happened yet.

@ Joot: Do you know how to solder?

@ everyone else: Saturday seems fine.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Gah, I really need to get up to Huntsville more often to play with you guys. That or find a place in Birmingham to have regular gettogethers. Just something every two weeks would be nice. D:

j00t

Smash Champion
@ theONEjanitor: No, they didn't. Everytime you update your Wii though, you run the risk of bricking your Wii...although it hasn't happened yet.

@ Joot: Do you know how to solder?

@ everyone else: Saturday seems fine.
No, and if it can break the Wii then I don't think I want to. I'd rather wait to Brawl than not Brawl at all.

j00t

Smash Champion
Great. Now my game doesn't even deliver until March 10th, due to stupid delivery not delivering overnight on Sunday.

Andy, I can spend the night when Brawl comes out, right? :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
munkus plz bring me to h-ville on the weekend when brawls comes out :-D
i'll need somewhere to stay tho.

we should record matches too. after we get the gist of the characters of course. heh...we can be the first in the mid south with brawl vids :-D

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm hooooooooooooome.

And yes, Joot, it can damage the Wii. It's better to just avoid modding it if you don't know what you're doing.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm hooooooooooooome.

And yes, Joot, it can damage the Wii. It's better to just avoid modding it if you don't know what you're doing.
Yay, poofy-hair is here. Now we can smash tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I believe i'm going to pick up Samus. Does Fox/CF/Samus/G&W sound good to everyone? Write that up, Moogle. :3

IHSB, teach me the ways of Samus, pl0x. >:]

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Well i can't make it Saturday, but i definitely coming this time on Tuesday. i als was thinking of picking another character besides space animals and samus. not sure who though...

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Well i can't make it Saturday, but i definitely coming this time on Tuesday. i als was thinking of picking another character besides space animals and samus. not sure who though...
if you're into the fast characters, why not try sheik?! come on, i don't want to be the only sheik player, since SOMEONE isn't playing sheik anymore.... *glares at moogle* :p

or you could always take the easy route and go marth.
So we smashing tonight? What time? 6? 7?
i vote around 6, maybe even earlier. would anyone be willing to pitch in for food? namely, pizza? i would honestly buy it all myself this time, but i'm almost broke now. i can only spare like 5 bucks :(

j00t

Smash Champion
if you're into the fast characters, why not try sheik?! come on, i don't want to be the only sheik player, since SOMEONE isn't playing sheik anymore.... *glares at moogle* :p

or you could always take the easy route and go marth.

i vote around 6, maybe even earlier. would anyone be willing to pitch in for food? namely, pizza? i would honestly buy it all myself this time, but i'm almost broke now. i can only spare like 5 bucks :(
I'll pitch in.

Sensai

Smash Master
Because it's completely impossible for there to be stickers without them being playable.

[Edit:]

This is where I wanted to edit last night but was unable. Just for the hell of it, I decided to edit my post. I can't, y'know, let the post win out.

La la la, look at me edit. Woohoo, I beat stupid non-edittable posts into the ground.

Sensai

Smash Master
I can't edit because Smashboards has gone to **** recently, but I retract my statement from earlier. Given, it's not entirely my fault I was ignorant...the video had been editted to hide the revelation and the images you gave us (with no explanation) had me lookin' at the wrong things. Let me show you guys what he's talking about.

I don't exactly agree with the deconfirmation of the characters, but it does seem as if they confirmed quite a few for us.
http://followingrevolution.com/2008...irmed-for-brawl-other-characters-deconfirmed/

j00t

Smash Champion
I can't edit because Smashboards has gone to **** recently, but I retract my statement from earlier. Given, it's not entirely my fault I was ignorant...the video had been editted to hide the revelation and the images you gave us (with no explanation) had me lookin' at the wrong things. Let me show you guys what he's talking about.

I don't exactly agree with the deconfirmation of the characters, but it does seem as if they confirmed quite a few for us.
http://followingrevolution.com/2008...irmed-for-brawl-other-characters-deconfirmed/
^^^

Ditto. Sorry for doubting you, Munkus. :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The only way that mewtwo isn't in the game is if the demo they used to take those shots with didn't have him unlocked.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
eternal sonata is dope. you actually get to play as frederic chopin on this game lmfao
I like to differ all Chopin related comments to the Val Kilmer quote from Tombstone:

Billy Clanton: Stephen Foster. "Oh, Susannah", "Camptown Races". Stephen stinking Foster.
Doc Holliday: Ah, yes. Well, this happens to be a nocturne.
Billy Clanton: A which?
Doc Holliday: You know, Frederic facking Chopin.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
omg will, i couldn't breathe for like 20 seconds straight. that gif is gold. /saved

hoooooooookay. now that i have oxygen in my brain again, i can post:grin:

smashboards has been really gay for me as well. it refuses to load all the time. i'm really surprised it worked this time. :/ anyway, i won't be at smash tonight guys. i've almost lost the desire to play completely, let alone get better at it. sakurai had better stop delaying brawl or i'm gonna lose it.

i'm just gonna take a break for a while and concentrate on school.... okay, other video games. :p

oh wait, i can't!!! i had to ship my wii back to nintendo!!!! and my birthday is THIS FRIDAY!!!! GODDAMMIT:cry:

this is all sakurai's fault!!!!! my wii stopped reading discs right after the delay was announced. coincidence? i think not!!

j00t

Smash Champion
Don't stop playing Melee. :x

EDIT: To post something useful, yes, Smashboards has been realllllllllllllllly bad lately. Server move pl0x.

Sensai

Smash Master
Attention: my birthday is today. And, seeing fit to reward his one and only son, God has decided to make the servers not suck quite as much dikc for the moment.

Thanks.

(Will: that .gif is unable to be seen. Photobucket is teh blow.)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Wheeee happy birthday to Sensai! i'm right behind you, bro... well, i'm a couple of years ahead, but still. we are awesome cuz our birfdayz are togetha :bigthumbu

anyhoo. don't worry ppl, i'm not quitting melee completely. just taking a break for a while.

btw, i absolutely love the mushroomy kingdom stage. what a great idea. can't wait. for brawl. cuz it's coming soon. real soon. -_-

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Attention: my birthday is today. And, seeing fit to reward his one and only son, God has decided to make the servers not suck quite as much dikc for the moment.

Thanks.

(Will: that .gif is unable to be seen. Photobucket is teh blow.)
well crap. Shannon said he saved it (I didn't) so he can upload it.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Happy birthday, Sensai. I'm sure you will be playing No More Heroes soon, which should take some of the sting off of the Brawl delay.

EDIT: You know, I read a few Killer7 reviews for comparison this morning, and they seem kinder to the game than I remember: 8.1, 8.3, etc. There were a few polarizing "1/5"s though.

Heroes seems to be taking flak for it's poor overworld implementation, which is offset by it's fantastic missions: 7.8, 9.0.

Don't spoil too much when you get Brawl, but do let us know what you think about the characters and how they play. It will be nice to know if FLUDD is useless, whether Ike has what it takes, and if Olimar stands a chance competitively.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Rob: ACTUALLY, I'll be playing Brawl soon (read: 8 days). So that should really take off the sting.

But NMH will help as well. Apparently, it's amazing. You and I thought Killer7 was amazing as well, but it received odd reviews; NMH is getting good ones.

Sensai

Smash Master
Moogle: Gr...

Moogle, Coach, others with Steam: We should set up a time that we can play TF2. I'm game for tonight sometime...you guys?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Sigh.... so bored lately. Been playing COD:4 alot.... wanting to play smash but no one to do it with. Waiting for Brawl so i can play smash with your guys alot more. :(:ohwell:

Top Bottom