• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Koolz SK8orDIE, ill add you once i get to TN or once i get back. Oh one of the other games i forgot to mention was "Mario Kart: Double Dash", best one in the series if you ask me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'd get the first Pikmin first. It's cheaper and it's a very short game. Then, if you like what you see, you can always pick up the second one.

Here is a list of nearly essential GameCube games:

Ikaruga (this 2-D shooter is legendary)
Killer 7
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Soul Calibur II (although I prefer the PS2's controller for this)
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4 (although you may prefer the Wii version at this point)
Viewtiful Joe

EDIT: I forgot about Wind Waker. That was a fun one.

Other recommended GameCube titles:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (the definitive Harvest Moon update)
Beach Spikers (a much better multiplayer experience than DOA Xtreme volleyball)

/spam
well lol you know I've actuallyed played most of those with friends.

i haven't played harvest moon, beach spikers, ikaruga, star wars, or wind waker, thanks for reminding me about wind waker i've been meaning to pick that up.

but yea thats a good list, I only played a little of killer 7 tho it seemed pretty cool. I like artsy stuff like that.
I read a lot of reviews of Ikaruga, it seems good too. i heard that it was very hard.
Speaking of hard, Viewtiful Joe is also very hard. Too hard. annoyingly hard. Very cool and unique game though.

@ joot i imagine he left out smash because i said i already had it.

i kind of feel you about tales of symphonia, rob. But I think I have been spoiled. The first RPG I ever played from beginning to end was Phantasy Star 4, the second was Final Fantasy 7, the third was Xenogears.
and I've been having a very very hard time finding rpgs that compare to those. So a lot of the time when people say rpgs are good, i'm like mehhh. Most rpgs have absolutely dumb storylines, forgettable characters, or knock-off battle systems, or boring or tedious side quests, rather than fun ones, or a mixture of the three.
I will say that tales of symphonia is one of the better ones around, I do like the battle system and the visuals, and I actually might pick up eternal sonata, which seems to homage the tales games, although I could be wrong.

and i kind of think metroid prime is overrated

Bloshi

Smash Ace
For those rpg guys, try playing Suikoden 2, it rocks. Great story, good battle system, but it's old (PSone) so the graphics are "meh". The Suikodens that follow it aren't realy that great (although I hear five is pretty good)

Hey Sensai when are you coming back I might want to hang out later.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
suikoden 2 is actually good, I love the battle system.
suikoden 3 and 4 blow. esp. 4

Question:
does anyone know the cheapest place from whence I can purchase a firewire flash drive. I just need a small one 1gb or less. Can't be USB, must be firewire.
now

Sensai

Smash Master
@ theONEjanitor: Try going to www.newegg.com. I dunno if they have what you're looking for, but it's always the first place I go for anything electronic related on the cheap...got a 4 gig USB there for like...20 bucks or something.

@ Bloshi: I'm getting back today, kinda late. I think my Smash memory baleeted itself...

@ Coach, Moogle, anyone in that apartment: I'm gonna be leaving my house and going to Sewanee at around suppertime. Can I drop off Coach's flash drive (and perhaps copy your Smash data)?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
For those rpg guys, try playing Suikoden 2, it rocks. Great story, good battle system, but it's old (PSone) so the graphics are "meh". The Suikodens that follow it aren't realy that great (although I hear five is pretty good)

Hey Sensai when are you coming back I might want to hang out later.
oh my lord. this is just another reason for me to just LOVE you. Suikoden 2, imo, is the greatest rpg ever made. and quite rare, too. after giving it to eb games many years ago and hating myself afterwards, i got it off ebay for $90. totally worth it:grin:

and Tarnish!! how can you say that Double Dash is better than Mariokart 64? How?! double dash was good and had more options in gameplay, but it wasn't no MK 64. nope. there's nothing greater.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i was just reading backwards and found this talk of Tales of Symphonia. here's my opinion:
amazing rpg. and looooong, omg it's long. and incredibly fun if you have another person to play with. while i lived in kennesaw, ga for a short time, i played co-op with my roommate and we loved it. and for the record, Rob, we both thought TOS had some of the best voice acting in any rpg we've heard in a long while. i didn't see anything wrong with it. i thought it was quite good for us voice-challenged Americans :/ anyway, the story's cool, the battle system is fun, and the boss battles are hard as balls. the game is definitely challenging in that aspect, and some of the puzzles were a pain as well. the story had some instances of comic relief throughout the story, which is a plus. you don't get much humor in many rpg's.

i didn't finish the game, but what i played i liked and wouldn't object to playing it again. it's a good game. it'll at least take up a TON of your time if you have any to kill.

sorry for spamming. not.

on another note: ma burfday's next friday!!!! :O we should all do something for me!!! like a birthday smashfest or something. it's on a weekend after all, hurray!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@ Majist - Yea yea..... i knew someone would have something to say about me liking Double Dash over MK64, but to be honest i just dint think it was that great compared to Double Dash. I dont know how many hours i spent playing with my friend doing co-op grand prix. We beat that game on all the difficulties in almost one day on co-op. Thats probably the reason i loved it so much was the co-op.

j00t

Smash Champion
Brawl was delayed. Again.

Geno: "Fanboys have been crying and cutting themselves for years, wondering when i'll be in a game again."

You said it, Geno. *cuts self*

Sensai

Smash Master
March 9th for us Americans.
January 31 for Japanese.

A week for them, a month for us. A few things:

a) Does a week in development really do a **** thing?
b) Why is it only a week for them, but a month for us?
c) Why was it such a ****Ty update for such a letdown?

[Edit:]

Also, it's a leap year for us. One more day. Haha.

j00t

Smash Champion
March 9th for us Americans.
January 31 for Japanese.

A week for them, a month for us. A few things:

a) Does a week in development really do a **** thing?
b) Why is it only a week for them, but a month for us?
c) Why was it such a ****Ty update for such a letdown?

[Edit:]

Also, it's a leap year for us. One more day. Haha.
The new release dates defy all logic. Logic is for numbnuts.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
My birthday is next Wednesday!
no freakin way!! we rock.
@ Majist - Yea yea..... i knew someone would have something to say about me liking Double Dash over MK64, but to be honest i just dint think it was that great compared to Double Dash. I dont know how many hours i spent playing with my friend doing co-op grand prix. We beat that game on all the difficulties in almost one day on co-op. Thats probably the reason i loved it so much was the co-op.
wow. i'm impressed. double-dash is quite challenging. maybe that's why i hated it. it's too hard, waaaaaaaa

but srsly!!! every time i would get ahead, one of the NPC's would get pissed off or something and magically teleport right behind me and throw a red shell up my ***. then i'd get hit by the next in line right after i recovered, which was slow enough. :mad: yeah, screw double-dash

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Serpit from GameFAQs said:
This was a failure.
I'm making a post here: HUGE PROTEST.
It's hard to not ask you for compensation.

Smash Brothers Dojo.
You do what you want, because you can.
For the pain of all of us,
except the ones still in bed.

But there's no sense crying over every delay,
We just keep on hoping 'til we finally play.
And the game gets done and you make a neat pun
For the people who still check your site.

I'm not even angry.
Who am I kidding? Yes, I am.
Mainly 'cause you said the game would come out:
3rd of December.
And I checked the updates every day.
And as they sucked it hurt because
I always stayed up all night.

Now these lame old updates finally got real good,
and in every morning, your site heightened my mood.
So I'm glad Brawl got pushed, otherwise it would be rushed
for the people who still check your site.

Go ahead and shaft me.
I think prefer a litte wait.
Maybe it will not be far away now?
Maybe February -
That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance.
Anyway, this game is great:
It's so exciting and cool.

Look at me still ranting when there's nothing to do.
When I look on this board it makes me glad I'm not you.
I'm addicted to fun, no matter what I'll still be one
of the people who still check your site.

And believe me I still check your site.
I'm playing Halo and still check your site.
I must recover and still check your site.
While others curse you I still check your site.
And when they kill you I'll still check your site.

Check your site...
Check your site.
SO MUCH WIN.
caps

Sensai

Smash Master
@ SpaceBalls: That...is....EPIC.

About the Brawl delay (sorry Coach) and @ Huntsville crew: That week (the 9th to whatever) is the start of my Spring Break...so we can bring it in together!

-Chad-

Slackerator
wow. i'm impressed. double-dash is quite challenging. maybe that's why i hated it. it's too hard, waaaaaaaa

but srsly!!! every time i would get ahead, one of the NPC's would get pissed off or something and magically teleport right behind me and throw a red shell up my ***. then i'd get hit by the next in line right after i recovered, which was slow enough. :mad: yeah, screw double-dash
Seriously? That's how N64 Mario Kart was, Double Dash was way more fair toward how cheap the NPC's would be.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
mario kart double dash is by far the most rewarding of skill than the other mario karts.

the other ones are just mostly party games that you dont have to be terribly good at to succeed at. sure you may be driving using perfect coordination and timing, but your five year old brother might just get the right items at the right times and then side swipe you into a banana peel which slides you right into the trajectory of a wild green shell which knocks you into a giant penguin.

I HATED THOSE PENGUINS.

btw
look on the bright side guys
MORE TIME TO PLAY MELEE

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart: Double Dash was a good game that didn't get much play among my friends. It's a shame because while the N64 version had a better battle mode, I thought Double Dash had the better actual racing experience. I also thought that it was fairly challenging, but nothing to write home about. Then again, I play F-Zero GX, which tends to be... brutal.

I actually really like the Pikmin stage. It's gorgeous. I feel like I'd be Brawling in front of the Planet Earth documentary.

The delay of Brawl means that Sensai and I will actually get to play No More Heroes, rather than buy it and let it collect dust. I might even finish Mario Galaxy now. Today has actually provided a wealth of good and bad Wii news. Factor 5 is back on board for Wii development (Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, Lair), while the new Worms game lacks it's promised online multiplayer and downloadable content features.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
**** this sucks, i asked off work for that day and look what i get >< lol another delay. o'well a day to rest and do homework now i guess.

And most other the games mentioned above i never really got into, but double dash was just as awesome game for me. My sister and i would beat the game in like 6 hours on all difficulties and mirror mode, just cause she was a great weapon person and i rocked at driving the karts. i still like that game but i'm not crazy about it, just really fun for parties or something with a group of friends.

Sensai, make sure to make us some vids so we can get a better look at the game. or you could bing your friends moded wii down for a weekend and share the spoils :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Link? (I use 64 bit XP though D: )

EDIT: Oh goodness, Famitsu gave Brawl a perfect score.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
holy ****ing **** on a stick. finally, i have stopped ejaculating. sheik is confirmed!!!!! and god, she looks sexy. every character in brawl looks superb.

now my brawl game is PERFECT!!!! Ike, Link, and Sheik. You hear that, Sensai??!?!!? hahahahahaahahahahaa

Sensai

Smash Master
Can't come C@sh, sorry.

@ Munkus: Oh. Maybe not. The newest version of iTunes (7.6) supports 64bit Vista...it seems weird they don't do XP yet, though...weird.

Also, Famitsu's only given the perfect 40/40 to 7 games total. OoT, Wind Waker, FFXII, Vagrant Story, Soul Calibur, and then...some that I can't remember. OH! Nintendogs, too.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Not really, since 64 bit XP is rather rare, and there is no XP 64x home version.

I basically screwed the pooch by agreeing to have this OS D:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you know what....olimar might actually suck.
depending on how frequently the Pikmin die.

he better have some **** good tilts, and aerials...i just realized he only has one B move that actually results in damage to the opponent and apparently thats mostly only going to be moderate damage lol

btw i picked up eternal sonata yesterday. haven't played it yet.

EDIT, why is d a m n censored?
what are we, like eight

Top Bottom