• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Bham area guys: I am in Cottondale for the next few days house sitting for my brother with virtually nothing to do. If any of you want to get together and play some brawl, let me know (Cottondale is like 10 minutes east of Tuscaloosa).

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
JANITOR, YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Mario Party is and always has been a wonderfully competitive and deep series that demands more than what you would first believe. The only reason people like YOU bad mouth it is because other people do so and you're following the group think before actually studying any of the finer points of the games.
this is all i read.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tbh though, I'd be so much happier if we didn't have
"y u mad tho"
"haters gonna hate"
and the whole .jpg/.png thing.

Slam bro, if drugs get boring then there isn't a reason to start a new one. This is the time to try something that is fun and isn't bad for your health. :D

@Cam Iirc Ttown is about 45 (and if east is further from hoover it may be about 55ish) minutes which isn't really a problem (I think) but I for one know George has work, and I'm going to be a bit in a bind until I finish changing a few parts on my future vehicle.

On that note, I'd gladly like to say that as of maybe Tuesday of next week, =P I'll have my own vehicle. Go me.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Tbh though, I'd be so much happier if we didn't have
"y u mad tho"
"haters gonna hate"
and the whole .jpg/.png thing.

Slam bro, if drugs get boring then there isn't a reason to start a new one. This is the time to try something that is fun and isn't bad for your health. :D

@Cam Iirc Ttown is about 45 (and if east is further from hoover it may be about 55ish) minutes which isn't really a problem (I think) but I for one know George has work, and I'm going to be a bit in a bind until I finish changing a few parts on my future vehicle.

On that note, I'd gladly like to say that as of maybe Tuesday of next week, =P I'll have my own vehicle. Go me.
I'm closer to Birmingham than Ttown is, so I should be less than an hour away at least. I'll only be here through Thursday though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I hate you guys equate any sort of disagreement with "being mad" or "sad"
grow up
i never said that though.

also dudes ive been doing dr*gs for so long dude im not sure i know how to live without them anymore. one usually just leads into another its weird how that works also. its also just kind of the culture where ive grown use to. its weird to me doing something else

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
smash is all gimmicks and game knowledge

an example of this is there's this thing that Reflex likes to do with Wario where he nairs into people's shield, nair stays out a long time and has very little lag but its still not really safe to do that. but people underestimate how long the move stays out and how little the lag is. So he rarely gets punished for it. in fact sometimes people drop their shield before the moves over. this **** works on good players I've seen Calvin and lou fall for it plenty of times. at first, I was like AWWW YEAA REFLEX MINDGAMMEEEZZ. but no that's just the opponent either falling into a gimmick or not knowing the game as much as Reflex. this was confirmed when i saw Reflex play M2K at ausom i think it was. M2K did not fall for that **** once.
Depends on the character.

Wario N-Air is just a mix-up, but it is relatively safe in that. It's basically a sex kick that hits twice.

It has good range (for Wario) and ends very late in the animation. As a result, you can hit a shield with the first hit, and then you hover nearby with the rest of the animation. People freeze because they don't want to get hit with the second hit, which can combo into jab, grab, F-Smash, and Waft, among other things.

Meta Knight's N-Air comes out on frame 3 (tied for the second fastest aerial in the game, the fastest being Meta Knight's U-Air, but trying to buffer a U-Air from a jump makes you U-Smash, and Meta Knight players don't want to bother with things like timing), which is why Meta Knight can punish it after taking the first hit via shield. Peach can do it. Luigi can do it. Sheik can do it. Other characters have invincible Up-Bs that can do it, like Meta Knight (again), Marth, Samus, and Mario.

With the frame 3 aerials, you pretty much have to see it coming or really have a reason to N-Air. It's a pretty safe option for Peach and Luigi, but since neither character's approach game is very good, and because their N-Airs last a decent while, they can't just throw out a N-Air and expect not to get punished. Meta Knight can. Same with the Up-B, since Mario and Marth would get punished badly on a whiff, but Wario cannot (I repeat, CANNOT) reasonably punish a properly-canceled Shuttle Loop without a super-hard read.

I do happen to know a lot about the game, probably more than Calvin or Lounis. Calvin doesn't quite understand Meta Knight's ability to shut out Wario's moves, and Lounis's character can't do it nearly as easily. N-Air is, generally-speaking, a very safe move when used intelligently. Meta Knight just breaks the game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm about to finish a full game of Dokapon Kingdom. I've spent about four hours with a group of friends every Friday night for about a month.

Jesus Christ. That game makes me so angry.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
****ING YES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupTowgpVVo

Zero, you know how you were wanting to make some doujinshi, we should totally do it now. Find someway to contact Matt, and show him this video so he can critique the masterpiece that is art in this video.
I don't know if Matt's puny Cartoon Network mind can truly understand how magnificent this anime is. I've already pre-ordered the DVDs.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Janitor you're so damn rude. You make a huge post and want people to see it but you won't even bother responding to people who actually took the time to read it.'

"MY OPINIONS"
"HEY LET'S DISCUSS IT"
"LALALAWHATCANTHEARYOULALALA"

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't know if Matt's puny Cartoon Network mind can truly understand how magnificent this anime is. I've already pre-ordered the DVDs.
Ffffff- my poor *** can only torrent/bootleg them when they come out. Lucky *******.
Better yet, why don't we just all sit down and watch that and the tons of other animu we need to catch up on when AWA comes around.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Janitor you're so damn rude. You make a huge post and want people to see it but you won't even bother responding to people who actually took the time to read it.'

"MY OPINIONS"
"HEY LET'S DISCUSS IT"
"LALALAWHATCANTHEARYOULALALA"
nobody here gave me a serious response except slam and ryker, and i responded to both of them. don't really know what you're talking about

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
kevin, you wanna know something about ryker? dude is really always trolling you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was just saying Brawl in itself is simple. I think it's just the way I perceive it. Like I can pick up smash and be like OK I have X moves I can do, now all I have to do is learn where they knock you too and be able to chase. When I played Soul Calibur, It was like errrrrrmmmm how do i remember this long string of attacks? It's simpler to play Smash to me instead of other fighters who have those strings. I know there are other things making ti a deeper game but I consider the face value of games to give it its simplicity.

I guess I'm saying it's simpler for me to learn smash then any other fighter.
You're nuts. Every game is just I have x options. Combos are muscle memory. Blockstrings are mostly muscle memory. If you can't do them, it's because you haven't been in training mode long enough. Having long strings signifies nothing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
kevin, you wanna know something about ryker? dude is really always trolling you.
Nah, I like T1J. I just always disagree with him about everything. You too, actually. The only thing I like trolling here really is MK9 fans and you'll all get that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
let's talk about skullgirls
I have high hopes for it, but I'm scared it won't sell. It'll be a good game, I think, despite looking silly. The developers know their **** and care about it, but it'll get next to nothing from anyone who isn't a hardcore fighting game fan and it's appearance will drive off some of them. I THOROUGHLY recommend anyone who likes fighters to get it. It REALLY needs the support.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
QUINTUPLE POST:

And the reason I came here so late.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304503

Curlz is taking money matches from anyone in AL. I want to clean out his wallet. You *****es need to show up. Mad money matches everywhere and what looks to be a 40+ turnout for Brawl and a 30+ (don't quote me on this without double checking me) turnout for Melee. I'm going and Rag is going. I'm going to attempt to drag M3T despite him hating travel. Who else from AL is going to show up? I want to see a good enough turnout for AL to show up and win some crew matches.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
QUINTUPLE POST:

And the reason I came here so late.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304503

Curlz is taking money matches from anyone in AL. I want to clean out his wallet. You *****es need to show up. Mad money matches everywhere and what looks to be a 40+ turnout for Brawl and a 30+ (don't quote me on this without double checking me) turnout for Melee. I'm going and Rag is going. I'm going to attempt to drag M3T despite him hating travel. Who else from AL is going to show up? I want to see a good enough turnout for AL to show up and win some crew matches.
If you're going, be sure to stock up on grapico.

[I win at inside jokes]

Top Bottom