• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
@ Rob and Tarnish: Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Sorry I couldn't attend either. Moogle and Coach already know why (and have subsequently beat me into the ground for it), but to the rest of you guys: Xmas tree decorating is not cool.
correction: EVERYONE knows why!!! and we all cursed your name and your iPhone :p i believed in you!!!:cry:
Oh, well if Sensai wasn't there then I didn't miss anything important.
bah!! like hell you didn't. mslano was there, and coach was in the same room as mslano, so you missed plenty. No johns! Smash > stoopid compooters. XP

now on to different matters: todays update was quite nice. in the very VERY short few seconds you get to see Ike actually fighting, you can hear his voice!! O.o from what i can hear, he sounds uber BA. i can't wait for this game. it's driving me up a wall.:psycho:

edit: oh yeah. thanks for the 4chan stuff moogle!!! =D

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ Rob and Tarnish: Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Sorry I couldn't attend either. Moogle and Coach already know why (and have subsequently beat me into the ground for it), but to the rest of you guys: Xmas tree decorating is not cool.
Glad to help. Keep me posted on what you decide to go with.

It's okay. My family has the same holiday tradition. Andy and I both still have our "baby's first Christmas" ornaments and we are the only family members allowed to hang them on the tree. Tradition is a force of nature.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey, can i get on the list?

(Birmingham/Tuscaloosa) Phantom -- CF
ooh someone else to practice my up-air to knee combos on :-P

hummmm i wish i had a carrr
slano be sure to hit me up if you come to hoover and then plan to go back to huntsville during the break :-D

i'm picking up jiggs, ganon, falcon, peach, and jiggs
.____________________.

moogle, i think you should just change my characters to:
Roy, Everyone Else besides Kirby, Yoshi, Ness, and DK

btwizzle guys. I'm registering for Pound 3 next week. i'm pretty sure i'm making the trip. probably by plane.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
okay so has anyone NOT seen I am Legend? if not, munkus invites you to go see it with us at the Rave, free of charge!!! then we can have a smashfest, hurray! and if you've seen it already, i bet you didn't see it with all of your fellow smash brothers, eh?? (see what i did there?! ^.^)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@Majist - Wait a second.... did you say "The Rave" as in therave arcade ? like the one that was in Florence ?

If he did move then wow.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh and moogle, i dunno if my bro InTact is gonna post on here much...but go ahead and add Ganon to his characters.

lulz he plays Ganon and Sheik

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yea man np i just though about the rave arcade but oh well.

And yes i got your PM, and well keep it a secret... well until you you talk to munkus about it i guess. XD

saintrage

Smash Cadet
okay so has anyone NOT seen I am Legend? if not, munkus invites you to go see it with us at the Rave, free of charge!!! then we can have a smashfest, hurray! and if you've seen it already, i bet you didn't see it with all of your fellow smash brothers, eh?? (see what i did there?! ^.^)
depends on when we are going to see this. i most likely won't be able to go but i would like to see if i can for sure or not.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
depends on when we are going to see this. i most likely won't be able to go but i would like to see if i can for sure or not.
well, we saw it already. i guess you weren't special enough:******::p

and like munkus said, it was stunning. literally. we were all stunned. you absolutely HAVE to see it. this is advice from your fellow smashmen. you should take it very seriously. mhmm.

Sensai

Smash Master
I enjoy Denzel is pretty much anything recent he's done. Man on Fire is an INCREDIBLY intense movie.

Also: I think this update reaches a new low.

[Edit:]

One more also: I feel like a ****in' idiot for asking this, but is anyone familiar with ObjectDock? I've been trying to find a good dock for Windows but I can't get a decent one. Yes, the free version of ObjectDock's fine, but not as good as I'd like for it to be.

Alternatives? I know about RocketDock, but I'm lookin' for easily customizable docks that can be tabbed (this is not all that important, actually) and one that allows for more then one actual dock (neither the free OD nor RD do this).

Halp?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
this one's onto something. btw, shannon, looks like i won't be coming to alabama. i = no place to stay
dammit!!! you coulda stayed with me, but i'll be out of town for like 4 days. it wasn't supposed to be this waaaay.

don't worry dude, i WILL get you here one of these days... or i'll just come see you again. :ohwell:

btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!:grin:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I am legend is ridiculously amazing. I was left stunned.
Seconded. It was quite dramatic. I loved it, although the person I was with didn't like it so much cause she felt the pacing was a bit too slow.

Almost forgot:
MERRY CHRISTMAS *****ES!!!!!1111ONE

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
denzel's cool enough to make box office smashes, but imo alot of his movies fail because of poor conception or writing though.
Man on Fire was great visually but come on, the storyline was quite rushed and ridiculous.
American Gangster and Deja Vu were excellent though.

i'm not a nicholas cage fan at all. he plays the same stoic, lifeless character in every movie

Sensai

Smash Master
Not a fan of Nicholas Cage either...I just can't name a recent movie that he was good in....Matchstick Men isn't recent, right?

I have yet to sit down and watch American Gangster, but I really enjoyed Man on Fire and it wasn't simply because of the editting (although it was ****in' incredible); I think the way that Denzel and Dakota came to enjoy one another's company just in time to be ripped apart was done excellently.

But maybe I'm alone in this.

Anyways, happy holidays to everyone. I'mma go hang out with my family now. Everybody be safe so that we can Smash soon!

saintrage

Smash Cadet
well, we saw it already. i guess you weren't special enough:******::p

and like munkus said, it was stunning. literally. we were all stunned. you absolutely HAVE to see it. this is advice from your fellow smashmen. you should take it very seriously. mhmm.
bah i wouldn't have wanted to with you any way :p. But it sounds like an amazing movie from what i am hearing, i just might ahve to take your advice over the break.

I hope you all have a great Christmas, i got to close my store at 8 tonight. i had people asking calling in to ask if we were closed at like 9:30 and got to laugh at them.

i'll be gone from the 27 to the 1st or the 3rd so don't have to much fun smashing without me :(

Majist

Smash Journeyman
bah i wouldn't have wanted to with you any way :p. But it sounds like an amazing movie from what i am hearing, i just might ahve to take your advice over the break.

I hope you all have a great Christmas, i got to close my store at 8 tonight. i had people asking calling in to ask if we were closed at like 9:30 and got to laugh at them.

i'll be gone from the 27 to the 1st or the 3rd so don't have to much fun smashing without me :(
aww man!! you're gonna miss out on our whole nonstop week of smashing for the new year!! munkus and i have a tradition, and a close friend of ours always comes to visit for a week starting right after christmas into the new year, where we giggle and play and frolic and smash.

...but mostly smash:p

anyway, merry christmas to all of you.

j00t

Smash Champion
Does someone here know how to work CrossFire? I'm trying to set up the new comp and I'm failing at it. I've got two Radeon HD 3870's, and I don't know if I need the card connectors or not. It's so confuzzling.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
What? There is no realm of imagination where it is Microsoft's fault that Apple doesn't support their 64 bit OS.

Iphone supports 64 bit Apple OSes, but not Microsoft.

j00t

Smash Champion
Ahh. Well, I made assumptions like usual.

So how are you going to get your phone working? :x

coach

Smash Apprentice
20 gigs scales down to about 19 or 18.5 because of the normal weight that manufacturers put on a gigabyte. the measurement is larger than what manufacturers use. Other than that OS mayhaps? Merry Christmas everyone.

edit: here we go 1 gigabyte = 1 048 576 kilobytes

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Got a 360...cool.

When did '20gigs' start meaning 'almost 14 gigs'? So ****ty...
I forgot to tell you about that. In addition to what Coach said, your Xbox (like Windows or your iPod for that matter) dedicates a certain amount of the harddrive for it's own bookkeeping and caching. Then there's the crapware demos and vidoes that Microsoft piles in with each install. You can delete it and get some of your 20G back. Just go to Memory on the purple blade and manage your harddrive.

And don't panic about storage space too much. By the time you actually fill up those 20 Gigs, memory will be cheaper and Microsoft (and 3rd parties) will have provided more storage options (cheaper HDDs). That is my philosophy, at least.

Let us Smash again soon.

@ Tarnish/Majist: Lemme know. I'm down. I'm working this week, but I'm down after 6. Munkus, Majist and I got in a few solid bouts this weekend after wrangling a water heater. True story.

I got the Nyko Perfect Shot for Christmas. It's so baller. Now I just need to find some light gun games that support it. Perfect Shot > Wii Zapper. I also got RE4: Wii Edition and Viva Pinata. There are sooo many good games I'm not playing.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Got a 360...cool.

When did '20gigs' start meaning 'almost 14 gigs'? So ****ty...
wow, so the 360 does it too, huh? iPods are like that as well. my 20gb is actually 18.3gb. the b@stards.

bloshi's reply was much better though:laugh:

and lolz @ that water heater. i was hanging on the top of it for dear life as we literally slid down the plastic hill of death in munkus' basement.

@tarnish: this weekend's a no-go for me, as i'll be in tennessee, but maybe on new year's, perhaps?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@majist - Lol i dout it, but i can see cause i dont know if my plans ore absolute yet. I might be going to an all night Metal Fest so ill let you know soon.

Top Bottom