• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
wow.... no wonder i never saw your post, jwt. i kept refreshing the page but i didn't notice that my post was the last one on that page. :******: so you probly didn't see my edit saying that rob and i weren't gonna make it either.

epic failure on my part. sorry if i caused any inconvenience.

but we'll be there tonight!!!!:grin:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hey janitor, anomaly, does 8 sound like a good time for ya'll to come on over?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
this is probably the gayest update of all time
Seriously.

And thank GOD the Deflicker is returning. Now a new generation of smashers can ponder the graphical effects of the kell factor!

If they're just gonna scrape the bottom of the barrel with updates like this, I think I need to just stop visiting the Dojo until the game comes out. I'd almost just say Sakurai should've quit updating once the previous release date came to pass.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i didn't even bother reading the update. i just saw the title and proceeded to bash my head against the table, cuz if i was going to feel pain, i'd rather do it to myself.

sakurai depresses me.

will, are you coming tomorrow???? i'm bored. :(
would anyone be up for smash before saturday?

edit: sensai, i sent you a pm in case no one else has yet:)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'll be home today, dudertons. Sometime today. I just need to buy a wireless card from circuit city and pack a few things.

t janitor: It's a pretty good place. I would suggest any battle with team munkus, multimoog, or squidbunny from the archives. They're all aces (especially multimoog vs squidbunny).

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
sakurai depresses me.

will, are you coming tomorrow???? i'm bored. :(
would anyone be up for smash before saturday?
How about TODAY? I'm down for smash after 6 pm.

@ all you funky artist people: With Al Gore blasting the US during UN climate panel talks, I'd like to see some of you folks get creative. I wanna see something like a fake headline with Al Gore proposing or winning a Nobel Prize for proposing... Pokemon-powered vehicles to reduce C02 emissions. Either that or draw some concept art for a Pikachu powered hybrid. He is electric, you know.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jdgBx1TJCYWjQkep2gOx1WjL6GdQ

I'm not trying to be political, here; I'm just feeling inspired by current events.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
D:

DP's too good. you've improved though! your Roy is looking pretty good, imo. your only problem was you made a couple of mistakes recovering.

you're relying too heavily on falcon's knee. you needed some u-airs and d-airs. :/
that's just my opinion, your falcon's better than mine:chuckle:

otherwise, i think you were doin pretty good.

i think we should smash tonight, huntsville! whaddaya say? hm?

edit: @rob: we were posting at the same time, it seems. lolz at pickachu hybrid. i wouldn't even know how to begin to draw that... but that's hilarious. and yes, smash tonight.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i agree about the up-airs. almost everytime i went for the knee, i could have landed an upair probably.

and another problem is i have a bad habit of DIing toward the opponent, which is why he got all those ridiculous combos on me

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
lolz at pickachu hybrid. i wouldn't even know how to begin to draw that... but that's hilarious.
Well, there's the obvious use of electricity (f-smash = Turbo)... and then there's the equally obvious "hampster wheel"-powered approach. I'm picturing a standard concept car with a cut-away showing the engine bay... which may look suspiciously like a hampster cage. Imagination runs wild.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
@T1J: yeah. i'm not really an expert on fighting mario, but i would assume you'd want to always DI away from him just cuz he's such a close range fighter. he'd have a hard time chasing you, especially since falcon's kind of a fast faller too. meh.

mario's just hard to fight in general. he doesn't really have many weaknesses.

edit: d a m n it, rob! i keep having to edit to respond to you cuz we are like one mind today in posting at the same time!:laugh:

anyway, i'm laughing right now... irl. if i get bored enough today, i might try to scheme one of those concepts.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
good! now should we do it at moogle's or perhaps.... munkus'? cuz i know i'm gonna be hangin out with munkus as soon as he gets home. but we can always drive to moogle's. what to do... ponder ponder

@coach: i'm upset i missed you on wednesday:( my job doesn't allow me to stay very late. we need to play some matches, dood. it's been too long.

j00t

Smash Champion
I vote either moogle's or Rob's. moogle said he might be doing something else tonight from 6 to 8 so i'm thinkin Rob's right now.

EDIT: Alrighty, I just got off the phone with Rob. He said that he is willing to host tonight from 6:30 p.m. to whenever at his place, so if anyone's interested, then yeah. That is if Andy isn't going to host already. So be there! Or something..... xO

Majist

Smash Journeyman
sounds good to me. will's been lazy and isn't going to be in town until... after 7. hopefully he'll feel up to coming. if not, well, i'll get to see him later :p

oh btw, i'm bringing my girl with me, haha.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
**** i missed the fun >< i really need to check up here more often. Rob i have to say, you are one of my favorite smashers. partly because i can beat you sometimes and partly because we can carry on a conversation about MATLAB for like 30 minutes.

then these Pokemon powered cars pop up and I'm like wow that hilarious :p. I'll prolly be giving you a call on Saturday or Sunday, just pm me your number and maybe we can smash again before next Tuesday. when Christmas rolls around i doubt I'll be seeing much of anyone till January.

majist pm me your number too, i just spent like 5 hours practicing my falco and i need to test it out on more than just rob :p.

Get well coach hope to see you soon :)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
**** i missed the fun >< i really need to check up here more often. Rob i have to say, you are one of my favorite smashers. partly because i can beat you sometimes and partly because we can carry on a conversation about MATLAB for like 30 minutes.

then these Pokemon powered cars pop up and I'm like wow that hilarious :p. I'll prolly be giving you a call on Saturday or Sunday, just pm me your number and maybe we can smash again before next Tuesday. when Christmas rolls around i doubt I'll be seeing much of anyone till January.

majist pm me your number too, i just spent like 5 hours practicing my falco and i need to test it out on more than just rob :p.

Get well coach hope to see you soon :)
hells yeah dude. i pm'd you my cell. that's funny cuz i initially was going to ask you to do the same thing :chuckle: you missed my girlfriend ****** face in teams last night, hahahahaha.

she's a beginner. jwt hates me cuz i started her off with marth:laugh:

i'm sure we'll be able to play like tonight or tomorrow cuz munkus SHOULD be in town by now. slacker, he shoulda been here on wednesday!!! >.<

Bloshi

Smash Ace
At least this update has released some decent deconfirmations. Stafy's not in (too bad), and Waluigi isn't either (Huzzah!) Best update in a while. I hope he keeps doing stuff like this so we can narrow down the character list to draw from, because from what we've seen, he has no plans of revealing more characters outright...sigh.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hurrah... i suppose. Yea the update is the best one ive seen in quite sometime.
Also ive been thinking that if he tells us about every character that is playable in the game before the game comes out then whats the point of having unlockable's ?

Cause in Melee the characters that were unlocked ( that were not clones ) were pretty kool to see in Melee. Now its time for Brawl and i'd kinda like the same thing to happen. I dont wanna know completely everything about the games characters yet. I would like to have some surprises, i mean keep going with the updates with levels and items and assist trophies and such but keep the main meat to be something to find out on your own and work to get.

j00t

Smash Champion
hells yeah dude. i pm'd you my cell. that's funny cuz i initially was going to ask you to do the same thing :chuckle: you missed my girlfriend ****** face in teams last night, hahahahaha.

she's a beginner. jwt hates me cuz i started her off with marth:laugh:

i'm sure we'll be able to play like tonight or tomorrow cuz munkus SHOULD be in town by now. slacker, he shoulda been here on wednesday!!! >.<
Don't you mean she was ****** YOUR face? You know, considering she was on your team and all. :p

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Don't you mean she was ****** YOUR face? You know, considering she was on your team and all. :p
lol, yeah. that too.:chuckle:

weeeeell people, i'm not so sure about smashing this weekend anymore. munkus' parents are entertaining tonight and munkus is actually playing the bartender. they told me i could go over at like 9, so a group gathering is out. not sure about tomorrow. i'm free into the afternoon, but later in the evening i'm going to a performance at church. i don't know exactly what time.

so, if you guys are free in the day time we could possibly set something up i think.

any thoughts?

j00t

Smash Champion
I say we wait until Tuesday so Sensai will be back.

I also say that we start meeting 2 nights a week again, since it's break. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 12, yay or nay?

coach

Smash Apprentice
Family/trip it's not/never my decision. I'd add some content about brawl updates to this post, but I'm too busy making a statement.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I say we wait until Tuesday so Sensai will be back.

I also say that we start meeting 2 nights a week again, since it's break. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 12, yay or nay?
eeehh... i liked having a day on the weekend. that way i wouldn't have to leave so early. this is just for me though, so if everyone else agrees to tues./thurs. or whatever, that's cool with me.

just know that i won't be able to stay very long --EVER D:

i need a new job:(

j00t

Smash Champion
eeehh... i liked having a day on the weekend. that way i wouldn't have to leave so early. this is just for me though, so if everyone else agrees to tues./thurs. or whatever, that's cool with me.

just know that i won't be able to stay very long --EVER D:

i need a new job:(
Tuesdays and Saturdays, then? I'm just tossing ideas :x

Majist

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that's what i was thinking. i would like to smash today, so if anyone's up for it, post!!! i'll be chillin with munkus. we are both up for smash.

for me, not past 6pm, unfortunately.

Top Bottom