• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
No waiz. Your sources are wrong because my sources beat up your sources, and my sources have been feeding you false info.

It's an item update.

Sensai

Smash Master
What the **** are these sources? I call ******** on your sources!

And yes, I'll be there on Wednesday. Wednesday to Friday morning...and then I'll be back Sunday night til sometime in the middle of January.

<3<3

Sensai

Smash Master
Haha. Sorry JWT...

And you guys were both wrong.

But seriously...when is Sakurai going to give us an update that's worth a ****?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
When he realizes that pushing back the date should not have canceled all the awesome updates he had planned.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I cried last night because Munkus was the only one who returned.
LMAO!!!

yeah, i knew megaman wouldn't be announced!! as sensai so eliquently stated, "******** to your sources, [dammit!!!]" i was not about to get my hopes up for that. that would be too d@mn awesome, so no! no megaman for us XP

...sob*

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Ha. Penny Arcade forums do not constitute "sources". Eight weeks 'til Brawl, gentlemen, and barring today's post, that's only 39 more Dojo updates to go (even though some days he posts multiple updates). I don't expect any really amazing news to drop until the 11th hour before release (figuratively, of course). In the mean time, my prediction is that we will see two returning fighters announced, updates for their special moves, and updates for their final smashes. That's six "meaningful" updates, which still leaves 33 posts for music, menu tutorials, gameplay videos, cut-scene videos, Adventure Mode updates, assist trophies, items, etc. Of course, I'd love to be wrong about something as enticing as a 3rd party character announcement.

How was Saturday's smashfest?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
What the **** are these sources? I call ******** on your sources!

And yes, I'll be there on Wednesday. Wednesday to Friday morning...and then I'll be back Sunday night til sometime in the middle of January.

<3<3
There was a countdown on the megaman japanese site that corresponded with the brawl update on monday.

j00t

Smash Champion
Megaman would be a bad addition to Brawl. GENO, DARNIT!

Edit: Rob, I like your avatar. It's full of win.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Sakurai considers Geno to be a first party character, so having Megaman would not exclude Geno and vice versa.

Sensai

Smash Master
It doesn't matter what Sakurai considers...Geno remains a 3rd party character, owned by Square.

And I would like Megaman in Brawl. I'm talkin old, 8bit Megaman, mind you. Not all this Megaman.exe ****.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Yeah megaman.exe is pretty stupid. I mean, the games in of themselves are pretty fun, but it's not...Megaman. They should've just made a separate series, apart from Megaman for that idea.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I WOULD CREAM MY PANTS IF MEGAMAN WERE IN BRAWL!!!

that is all.

edit (in order to avoid double-posting):
hey coach, i downloaded the Islands AND the Unicorns, and i love them both:grin:
good stuff, dude. any other suggestions?! kthxbye

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh no...Coach, Moogle, you're going all audiophile on Shannon just like you did on me?

Cool. I've gotten quite a bit of good music from them.

Also...I'm going to be in town tonight and tomorrow night.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh no...Coach, Moogle, you're going all audiophile on Shannon just like you did on me?

Cool. I've gotten quite a bit of good music from them.

Also...I'm going to be in town tonight and tomorrow night.
Nope nope nope. Too bad, you missed last night, and that was your only chance. Soz.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
glad that you're back sensai. unfortunately i won't be able to smash tonight, but tomorrow i can do. where are you going after tomorrow? you live in huntsville, right? ...oh wait, i'm dumb. christmas plans, yes?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Sensai, it matters in that Geno can appear without qualifying as a one of the 'three at most' third party characters.

Sensai

Smash Master
Munkus: Ah.

Also...I may be getting a 360 for Xmas. Is it worth getting the Elite over the 20GB one? What other options do I have, anyways?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@Sensai - The only difference between the 20gig and the 120gig is one is black and one has a 120gig that comes with it. All the new model 360's have HDMI hook ups and the new cooling system. In my opinion you save some money buying the Premium because you get everything you need, and later you can buy the 120Gig HDD if you want ( i still have a 20Gig on mine and still have alot of space left ). The other option you have is the lesser of the 2 that comes with a 512mb memory card with 5 arcade games on it, which is good too if you cant afford the other 2. The only other reason i can think of that would make you want to buy an Elite is its black :psycho:, and i really dont care what color my system is, besides you can always buy face plates :chuckle:.

Oh forgot to mention that the Premium and the Elite both come with 2 games already in it ( Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Forza 2 ).

Forgot to mention yet again that the 512mb 360 doesnt come with a HDD built in, you have to buy that later.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if you plan on DLing demos and arcade games often, get the 120gig
i have the 20gig, and it fills up QUICK if you have a lot of arcade games and demos on it.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I dont post on here much but i seen this and it made me laugh and i figured i would share it with you guys.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=puvW63KLCjI

@Majist - I still havent got to play with Bigred yet cause of his college and work getting in the way =( .
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! all that ****ing work i did to get you guys hooked up!! ...haaaaa j/k. he'll come around. maybe. well you could always get a teleporter for xmas and beam over to huntsville to smash with us:grin:

i can't believe that video made me laugh.... wait. yes i can :ohwell:

on the 360 topic: i personally would go for the 120gb system just cuz of all the movies and games and music you can put on that sucker. plus, if you're getting it for xmas, why not go for the best??:laugh:

i freakin LOVED today's update just because i got to see a solid snake kirby.

yeeeeeees!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
double-post for the big 3 0 0 :p

edit: actually, i did forget to ask, is smash confirmed for tonight? did anyone smash last night? did it suck cuz i wasn't there? of course it did. ...that is all.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
we have mslano in our custody. there shall be smash tonight.
Woo! I am there. Hope to see everyone else.

@ Sensai: A Premium 360 will service most of your needs just fine. The extra 100 GB of the elite is nice, but I can't justify the additional cost. Microsoft's On Demand service only lets you rent movies, which means you won't be filling up that HDD with downloaded video. Game demos and previews can be deleted to save space. If you plan on downloading many "Xbox Originals" it might be worth it, but XBL Arcade games are tiny. Also, many "Xbox Originals" actually run worse than their disc-based counterparts, which means you may wanna just go buy that copy of Psychonauts. Non-Marketplace content (your own music/movies) can be stored on an external harddrive and connected by USB if you want to go that route or you can stream music/video (including DivX now) from your computer.

Hope that helps.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Woo! I am there. Hope to see everyone else.

@Tarnish: A Premium 360 will service most of your needs just fine. The extra 100 GB of the elite is nice, but I can't justify the additional cost. Microsoft's On Demand service only lets you rent movies, which means you won't be filling up that HDD with downloaded video. Game demos and previews can be deleted to save space. If you plan on downloading many "Xbox Originals" it might be worth it, but XBL Arcade games are tiny. Also, many "Xbox Originals" actually run worse than their disc-based counterparts, which means you may wanna just go buy that copy of Psychonauts. Non-Marketplace content (your own music/movies) can be stored on an external harddrive and connected by USB if you want to go that route or you can stream music/video (including DivX now) from your computer.

Hope that helps.
o.o how knowledgeable of you!
we have mslano in our custody. there shall be smash tonight.
O.O gasp! and if sensai is coming too, that would call for a double-gasp!! smash 64 anyone?:laugh:

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Umm... im confused why does that say "@Tarnish" but on the other page it says "@Sensai" ??:ohwell:.

I mean i already know everything about the 360, thats about the only system of the 2 that i have that i play right now. I've beat all my Wii games and since none of them have no online i get bored real fast. Anyways... streaming music from your computer is a good thing, but it only runs through windows Vista ( atleast for me it does ). I play my music through my Zune, and also you can buy and keep TV shows and certain movies, you just gatta look. Playing stuff through Windows Media Center on the 360 isnt bad but its not good cause its still in Beta form and it runs slow on the 360.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok, here's a question:

Do ANY models come with built in WiFi? I was under the impression that the 120 DID come with the WiFi adapter and the 20 DIDN'T. Am I incorrect?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Umm... im confused why does that say "@Tarnish" but on the other page it says "@Sensai" ??:ohwell:.

I mean i already know everything about the 360, thats about the only system of the 2 that i have that i play right now. I've beat all my Wii games and since none of them have no online i get bored real fast. Anyways... streaming music from your computer is a good thing, but it only runs through windows Vista ( atleast for me it does ). I play my music through my Zune, and also you can buy and keep TV shows and certain movies, you just gatta look. Playing stuff through Windows Media Center on the 360 isnt bad but its not good cause its still in Beta form and it runs slow on the 360.
I meant for it to be addressed to Sensai. I edited the post after he quoted me.

Ok, here's a question:

Do ANY models come with built in WiFi? I was under the impression that the 120 DID come with the WiFi adapter and the 20 DIDN'T. Am I incorrect?
No. No models come with built-in WiFi. This isn't the Wii. You can buy a network adapter for your Xbox, but it will cost you $100. It's not worth it. You're better off placing your modem and router next to your consoles and buying a $50 network adapter for your computer.

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that WiFi can induce a certain degree of lag, albiet less significant compared to general network speed:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117317

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Rob and Tarnish: Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Sorry I couldn't attend either. Moogle and Coach already know why (and have subsequently beat me into the ground for it), but to the rest of you guys: Xmas tree decorating is not cool.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I wish i could have been there but i'll was closing at work and i will be closing for the next few days. just let me know when the next one is and i should be able to make it.

Top Bottom