• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
what does you not using drugs have to do with thinking of it from a political standpoint? raf doesnt use and he is still able to think of/ discuss/ have half a brain on the subject. if anything someone who is so admatley against it, like you, should be the most educated about it. ugg i need to stop being a ******* though.i understand that you just avoid the subject altogether. blah. sorry.

I don't like to think about it because the very notion of drugs disgust me because of the people I know that do/have done them.

Besides, I don't recall arguing about anything related to drugs. I was asking questions a.k.a. getting informed.

Also, wtf Tales of Symphonia. Regal is so cool, but he seems... weak...

RUSS, YOU WON'T ANSWER YOUR PHONE AND YOU WON'T RESPOND TO ANY POSTS FROM ME OR MLE. YOU NEED TO GET INTO CONTACT WITH US SO THAT WE MAY KNOW HOW OUR CATS ARE DOING IN YOUR CARE. IF ANYONE CAN CONTACT RUSS, PLEASE DO SO AND THEN GIVE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARDS.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
RUSS, YOU WON'T ANSWER YOUR PHONE AND YOU WON'T RESPOND TO ANY POSTS FROM ME OR MLE. YOU NEED TO GET INTO CONTACT WITH US SO THAT WE MAY KNOW HOW OUR CATS ARE DOING IN YOUR CARE. IF ANYONE CAN CONTACT RUSS, PLEASE DO SO AND THEN GIVE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARDS.
I responded to the private message from the "x the derp" account, saying that I go there every day.

Anyways, I DO go there every day, feed them and change out the dirty water, and then every three days I change out the litter. I also pet them to death.

You are almost out of dry cat food, is there another bag of it?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ya beer is about the taste
but you generally have to get used to beer before you break out of that 4-year old "man this smells bad" mold

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol. I was thinking on whether or not I should take the wii to NC.

But then I realized you never ever come over, Kola, so you wouldn't get your wii even if it stayed...

Also, good stuff, Cheap.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i know, zero. my bad.

janitor ill tkae you you still reppin that irondale on yo logo?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
All right. If Austin is taking Kevin, and Will hasn't messaged me back, I have a seat open. Hershey? mc-killa? We can also triple up in the back like AUSOM if you both want to come.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol. I was thinking on whether or not I should take the wii to NC.

But then I realized you never ever come over, Kola, so you wouldn't get your wii even if it stayed...

Also, good stuff, Cheap.
I visit...
:< just not lately.

regal is really hard to use. he gets better as he gets more moves...
Would he move better in 4 player!?

btw checked out the chart for this seasons anime. The first one that grabbed my interest just by looking at the picture was Yosuga no Sora. Just finished the first episode and from my thoughts it COULD be a nice romance despite the incest. I just hope it doesnt end up being like Ladies vs Butlers.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
All right. If Austin is taking Kevin, and Will hasn't messaged me back, I have a seat open. Hershey? mc-killa? We can also triple up in the back like AUSOM if you both want to come.
No money and my parents are uber pissed at me and my brothers. I'm stuck at home this week.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Dudes, car accident.... My laptop and hand exploded.... Fell asleep and went 60 into a telephone pole haha

Just letting you know I don't really have a way of going home whenever now... unless you really want my gf hanging out over there lol

wtf kola are you ever not getting ****ed by your mom..?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
**** bro, glad it wasn't a death experience for you. I pray for a speedy recovery and for yourself to get another car.

Yeah I stay in trouble. Most of its my fault for being lazy.

*sigh* I need to grow up xP

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just beat SSE in 4 hrs 30 min

lol it took me like 15 hrs when i first got the game

i really want to do a SSE speedrun

itd take for ever to plan out tho

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just dont know how to get to kevins house. i dont wqnt to ride alone but idk how to get there.
and my gps got stolen.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Kevin, it'd be sweet if you could get a ride to Zero's like last week. If not, I guess I can drive out there and pick you up first. Aloha wants to play tonight, so that's also an option. I'm at work on 280 right now, so if you're good for playing tonight and staying at Jehorum's house, I could come get you after work.

Also, I really like competitive Pokemons. You should start off just watching people play on Shoddy battle. Watch what they do and try to understand why they do it. Eventually you'll be able to make good predictions about people's strategies. From there, now that you think you have a handle on the game, make a team with your favorites like Furret and fall hard to the OU Metagame.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
so whats the plan for tomorrow? What time are we meeting/leaving?

Are people smashing at Aloha's right now? Could we just all meet there and spend the night?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
i just dont know how to get to kevins house. i dont wqnt to ride alone but idk how to get there.
and my gps got stolen.
Man I loved that GPS. I probably enjoy navigating in the passenger seat a bit too much.

But seriously get on AIM.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, I think Kevin went to the plaza. At this point I just want to go to bed and see you guys in the morning.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Okay, I'm leaving around 8:30 hopefully. Austin, if you want to ride with us, give me a call around 9:00.

Russ, I'll probably be at your house around 9:00.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think ill just drive myself a lilll bit its just south on 65 and im just now waking up so probably wont leave till a little later.

its just south on 65 right?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I just had a dream that we were all at a smash tourney(didn't recognize the venue) and the grand finals were between a mario and a DK player, both whom I didn't know. Imma take that as a sign to wish AL some luck today, so good luck.

I want to start, but I'm discouraged by the fact that as soon as I can get a foothold on the way it's supposed to roll, Black and White are going to turn my world upside down. Am I better off just learning the metagame with Black/White in mind?
The system is going to be pretty much the same as D/P/pt(unless 3v3 becomes the standard, which would suck). No new types, each move is independently physical or special rather than using type to determine the attack property(although there are some new special moves that target physical def, and vice-versa).

With that said, the batch of usable pkmn could be completely different with the new pkmn coming in. I'm still sticking with some old favorites like Snorlax, but with the new type combinations and abilities, even some 4th gen greats could be left behind in the box. But that doesn't mean learning D/P/pt would be a waste, since you would understand how the game works and what makes something good/bad.

And since B/W isn't coming out in the states until March 2011 iirc, you have plenty of time to learn and catch up.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Competitive pokemon is hard. You're limited down to a handful of Pokemon to play with. It throws away some of your favorites for others that play the role 10x better.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Competitive pokemon is hard. You're limited down to a handful of Pokemon to play with. It throws away some of your favorites for others that play the role 10x better.
I've seen some talented players give OU teams trouble with their favorites. Unless it's Flareon (Like Mine) then you're just S.O.L

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The system is going to be pretty much the same as D/P/pt(unless 3v3 becomes the standard, which would suck). No new types, each move is independently physical or special rather than using type to determine the attack property(although there are some new special moves that target physical def, and vice-versa).

With that said, the batch of usable pkmn could be completely different with the new pkmn coming in. I'm still sticking with some old favorites like Snorlax, but with the new type combinations and abilities, even some 4th gen greats could be left behind in the box. But that doesn't mean learning D/P/pt would be a waste, since you would understand how the game works and what makes something good/bad.

And since B/W isn't coming out in the states until March 2011 iirc, you have plenty of time to learn and catch up.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

The powerful threats are going to change drastically in 5th gen, but outside of what's really scary, the mechanics behind the game will be intact.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
isnt this the same with smash? i dont think metaknight is particularly a cool dude... id rather be using samus. im sure everyone would lol

Top Bottom