• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
If i didnt think youd be beast at that game by the time ausum roled around i would mm you, geroge.

Can we at least play it at ausum?

forgot about the argument that alcohol is also legal. that pretty much cancels out my whole reason why weed should be illegal.

decriminalize it.

but it does have pysiolicgical addicitive properities that people give into really easily. no one really cares to make a coscious effort to fight against them. espicially if its legal. but w/e yeah alcohol is waay worse for you. this world sucks ****.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
If it wasn't for the fact that drugs impair your thoughts I'd say they should all be legal. But I don't wanna die because some guy did coke and then decided to ram my car.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If it wasn't for the fact that drugs impair your thoughts I'd say they should all be legal. But I don't wanna die because some guy did coke and then decided to ram my car.
Drugs can make people reckless, but if they decide to ram your vehicle, they were probably already crazy to begin with.

That being said, some stuff is just outright unsafe. Regardless, the fact that we have alcohol but not marijuana is absurd.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
much that driving while under the influence of alcohol is illegal, methinks it would be the same for most drugs

but i dont really know much about cocaine and what it does to you.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Here's me coming into the conversation ten posts behind as always.

BOOM SHAKALAKA

Resume conversation.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Weed will never be legal because its impossible to monopolize. Almost anyone can become a producer of Marijuana, making it difficult for our economy/gov't to profit off of it. At least that's what i think.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
My sister tried her hardest to prevent Alabama from going into weed for the hundredth time...

But that sounds like a very powerful argument, Raph. I can't believe I never thought of it like that. Then again, I don't use/tolerate drugs and alcohol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
But that sounds like a very powerful argument, Raph. I can't believe I never thought of it like that. Then again, I don't use/tolerate drugs and alcohol.
You don't -need- to monopolize marijuana (not that it'd be much different than alcohol in that). Making it legal and widespread would drive prices way down, and marijuana these days is much more potent than it was a decade or two ago, so it's not like people would feel like they're getting "the weak stuff" from the store.

As a result of the price going so far down, you kill the underground business for it, since there's no reason to buy from the shady guy down the street who might lace it with something less than desirable (though, to be fair, that virtually never really happens on a statistical level). Drug dealers would have no incentive to market to younger kids, as drug dealers would be making literal pocket change so long as the drug of choice is available for a couple bucks at the convenience store.

The government would be able to tax it, much like they currently do with cigarettes and alcohol, and it would provide a massive amount of money in that.

tl;dr--The government has nothing to lose in this, and much of the problem goes away in practice. The only reason you made/bought ****ty moonshine in the 1920's is because alcohol wasn't widely available anywhere; an overwhelming majority of people don't make their own cigarettes or buy them from a neighborhood friend that does; why wouldn't it be the same for marijuana?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
My sister tried her hardest to prevent Alabama from going into weed for the hundredth time...

what does you not using drugs have to do with thinking of it from a political standpoint? raf doesnt use and he is still able to think of/ discuss/ have half a brain on the subject. if anything someone who is so admatley against it, like you, should be the most educated about it. ugg i need to stop being a ******* though.i understand that you just avoid the subject altogether. blah. sorry.

the whole monopoly thing is a pretty common argument though that anyone who dabbles in the issue of legalization has heard like 500 times. not saying that its not pretty right though. then again they could just make it illegal to grow. but then again... ppl would still do it. but then again... the drug underworld will always exist... but then again.. lol idk i just hope it doesnt become legal. i whole heartedly agree wiht mahg it GREATLY makes your decision making abilities next to useless. it may not be to the extent of driving a car into someone. but it can affect decisions dealing with your job/family/friends/and money and probably alot more.

and yeah i think tabacco is pretty hard to grow and take care of. ive never seen anyone do it. anyone can grow cannibis though. its easy. just not easy to hide bc it requires so much sunlight and attention.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh yeah and in case any of you guys are wondering what cocaine is like and the effects...

ill just say its the best drug that exist in the modern world. that being why its so addicitive and dangerous. i would ram into a car on cocaine.. no lie. LOL so yes. be scared of cokeheads. lol
sorry if this post is a little... unacceptable.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
alcohol isn't about taste in the slightest.
drugs aren't about taste

it's not like
"man this fermented potato water tastes so good"
or
"man the smoke from this burning plant in my mouth tastes good"

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
kola is right, you can learn to enjoy alcohols.

unless he's talking about fruity girl drinks

in which case he's gay

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I must be hella gay then. The only alcohol i get down on is B*tch drinks lol
As long as you can handle a mixed drink and don't thrive on just Smirnoff (n)ices, your strictly heteronormative idea of manhood should still be in tact.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude

there is a difference between ****ty alcohol and redneck alcohol. if you can down some redneck alcohol i give you props.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
what does you not using drugs have to do with thinking of it from a political standpoint? raf doesnt use and he is still able to think of/ discuss/ have half a brain on the subject. if anything someone who is so admatley against it, like you, should be the most educated about it. ugg i need to stop being a ******* though.i understand that you just avoid the subject altogether. blah. sorry.

the whole monopoly thing is a pretty common argument though that anyone who dabbles in the issue of legalization has heard like 500 times. not saying that its not pretty right though. then again they could just make it illegal to grow. but then again... ppl would still do it. but then again... the drug underworld will always exist... but then again.. lol idk i just hope it doesnt become legal. i whole heartedly agree wiht mahg it GREATLY makes your decision making abilities next to useless. it may not be to the extent of driving a car into someone. but it can affect decisions dealing with your job/family/friends/and money and probably alot more.

and yeah i think tabacco is pretty hard to grow and take care of. ive never seen anyone do it. anyone can grow cannibis though. its easy. just not easy to hide bc it requires so much sunlight and attention.
Coke and ramming into a car was just an example for everyone else. I know you caught it but it can be any drug with any bad decision that came from doing the drug. I don't personally do anything but like 85% of my friends do and I don't have any problems with them. I just don't think peoples lives should be put in jeopardy so someone else can escape reality.

IF they had like places you could go to where you could do the drugs at I wouldn't care. But people smoke pot or drink at home and then decide to go to Burger King and then have wrecks that don't effect them because of the drugs but end up killing 4 teenagers is dumb. If people could be halfway rational I would totally 100% legalize every drug in the world.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Coke and ramming into a car was just an example for everyone else. I know you caught it but it can be any drug with any bad decision that came from doing the drug. I don't personally do anything but like 85% of my friends do and I don't have any problems with them. I just don't think peoples lives should be put in jeopardy so someone else can escape reality.

IF they had like places you could go to where you could do the drugs at I wouldn't care. But people smoke pot or drink at home and then decide to go to Burger King and then have wrecks that don't effect them because of the drugs but end up killing 4 teenagers is dumb. If people could be halfway rational I would totally 100% legalize every drug in the world.
Do you think that alcohol should be banned, too?

You need to understand that this is going to happen regardless of whether or not something is banned. That being said, the governing body still needs to protect the people from themselves, to a degree.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
beer is ****ing amazing you guys can eat ****

there are things, like shots, and bud light, and mad dog, and four loko which taste either like nothing or like garbage and serve no purpose other than to get you drunk

but alcohol is all about the taste, generally.
cocktails are specifically tailored to get the best taste. Like whiskey and cola, goes so well together, unlike, say, whiskey and root beer.
and there's thousands of different types of beer with different tastes
beer more than anything is an acquired taste, much like coffee, or spinach, or oysters etc
but once you acquire the taste, you can enjoy a wide range of very nice beers

i actually happen to like cheap domestic beer though. I haven't quite acquired the taste for really "hoppy" beer.
but beer is good, I'd drink beer with my dinner, its not really all about getting drunk. although being drunk is among the happiest feelings there is :)

wine is the same way.

there are so many things that are legal that affect you in such worse ways that weed, its just a weird argument.

the fact that some people are ******** and irresponsible is not a good reason to make something illegal.

if i can't enjoy a beer because some idiots think its cool to drive across town with a .3 BAC, that would piss me off.

im a bit of a social libertarian in that i think people should more or less be allowed to do whatever they want to do as long as it doesn't directly hurt, endanger or bother anyone else.

smoking weed in general. doesn't hurt, endanger or bother people, legal
getting high/wasted and then driving, probably endangers people, illegal.

but with a system like this we have to figure out how to fully show people everything they need to know to make good decisions.

and thats never going to happen in america, we're all about misinforming people here.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Do you think that alcohol should be banned, too?

You need to understand that this is going to happen regardless of whether or not something is banned. That being said, the governing body still needs to protect the people from themselves, to a degree.
Since I have no power, I can't say I want alcohol to be illegal. I mean I seriously don't care. If it's legal that's fine and dandy, but there is more worse stuff out there that will seriously mess you up.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
^^This is soo true. My hardest you guys. The one freakin' time I feel like actually talking about the game itself...facepalm.

tl;dr--The government has nothing to lose in this, and much of the problem goes away in practice. The only reason you made/bought ****ty moonshine in the 1920's is because alcohol wasn't widely available anywhere; an overwhelming majority of people don't make their own cigarettes or buy them from a neighborhood friend that does; why wouldn't it be the same for marijuana?
Govt would lose ****loads of money. If it was legal to smoke...omg, growing that junk is sooo easy, you don't even know.

Some people still bootleg. It's a skill and it won't soon be forgotten, however, unlike growing, distilling takes a lot more work. Growing will DEFDEFDEFDEFDEF be a much more outrageously uncontrollable issue than illegal distilleries have/will/could ever be.

@Zhero & X
Fact:
Our gdad on mom's side was nicknamed 'Boots' but not bc he had nice shoes.

This is interesting stuff from y'all.

Quick question: Which one is easier to grow and process?

Tobacco or Cannibus?
I thought this day would never come...

*cracks fingers

Cannibus. Wow, Cannibus.
Homegrown tobacco, i.e. just the tobacco leaves, don't have any added chemicals--the part that makes you addicted. I smoked just plain tobacco leaves that we handpicked and dried in the sun...it just doesn't do what cigs do and can't without chemicals.
Processing is of course hard.

Rt soil, rt conditions, you can grow anything. It's if the final product solves what you're looking for.

Cannibus...use soil, grow it with a sunlamp from Wal-mart, water it, pick buds (the flower part literally) lay to dry in open air, smoke.

Done. Now go grow me some otp.

I'll go get the quotes from ALL previous deja-vu arguments about green and every ****in' one of them is the same. We all know who takes what side, the arguments that ensue, and that it ends in the same way...

walls of text and stand offs.

It's like, whoever enters these convos (even though they are the same veterans who always respond the same way) act like it's the first time they've ever posted about it and spout the SAME insightful positions/opinions.

STFU getting all butt hurt about people like me not caring to see the same stuff.
You smoke.
You don't.
You care.
You don't.
Legalize.
Criminalize.
Summed up the last 3 pgs.

You're free to talk about weed, and I, or anyone else for that matter, is free to say "this **** is old and stupid. I got something you can put in your mouth."

Tobacco is grown in a type of red clay/soil mix. Anything that has to be grown with clay is difficult to cultivate.

Sunlight=Growlamp-same cost for reg lamp.

I must be hella gay then. The only alcohol i get down on is B*tch drinks lol
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiries and Green Lagoons ftw.

dude

there is a difference between ****ty alcohol and redneck alcohol. if you can down some redneck alcohol i give you props.
Then my highschool yrs require much propping from you.
For crack I believe it's called 'crack houses.'
Hey, for the record their teenage bodies hit me. Who can I talk to about paying for my front end?

there are things, like shots, and bud light, and mad dog, and four loko which taste either like nothing or like garbage and serve no purpose other than to get you drunk
Freshman yr was the craziest, we used to skip school and steal mad dog from the gas station.

*sigh, we were so stupid...

edit:
'we' does not mean my younger bros and I.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol yeah dude if you go back far enough in the AL thread there are still some of the same arguments that get repeated. not really in drugs as this is the pre slam pre MLE pre janitor getting wasted era but about smash. lol but idk its all part of being a forum board i guess no one really seems to mind lolll its weird.

just gooooo with the flooowwww you cant beat it. :p

Top Bottom