• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

-Chad-

Slackerator
my entire point is that melee players are less gay than brawl players

BUT THAT ITS POSSIBLE TO BE GAY IN MELEE. and that if melee players were on the same. i dont care if i lose friends as long as i make money **** that brawl players are on, the game could be just as ********.

which is something people dont seem to realize

its not the GAME. its the players/community

it doesn't happen often in melee because melee players are (generally) not buttlickers

but its without a doubt optimal in melee to not approach your opponent. melee just had a community thats more about entertainment and doing cool stuff than about winning that match at all costs
Well..yeah. That and much much much more aggressive options that were safe because of the different gameplay mechanics.

More and more tournies are adopting Pound 4's ruleset which favors neutrals and less CPs that encourage camping.

Jiggs kinda breaks this whole thought though, she can camp anywhere :( wall of lame.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would say that melee players just have less opportunities to be *******s. If a fox can waveshine me infinitely against a wall, he will. If a shiek can chaingrab you to 80% on FD, she will. Those are like the only dumb things though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yea like we have a lot of beast

Mah boi Elev8 and his bro Reflex
Professional Smasher Will_ and his apprentice Billy
Mr. I'm too school for Bama George
Banning Him Is My Destiny DanGR

and then our upcoming beast like the soon to be smash star Slam, Zero and Cheap.

;D Shoot and we have many more, that just need to show up more, like Nice1, Mahg, Janitor and Serin.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

and then our upcoming beast like the soon to be smash star Slam, Zero and Cheap.

;D Shoot and we have many more, that just need to show up more, like Nice1, Mahg, Janitor and Serin.
You're getting much better, too.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD Of course and thanks

<.< Can't wait until the 10th and 24th, I want to make even more impressions.

Oh and Slam, Hyro is confirmed for that tournament on the 10th, he and Lee are teaming.

;-;

nice1

Smash Lord

Kola u no my story on that lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
yep that I do. We need to step it up and have every tournament have a really nice turnout/payout so people can come pick you up and stuff.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i get like really confident in my brawl skils
and then go to a tournament and get dismantled by some random person

although I did okay at TCS7

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Kevin, I'm always scared when I play you in tournaments because you wreck me in friendlies. Just saying.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I always cringe when I see "bomb-omb."

My tournament appearance hinges on someone being nice to me. I can at least show up until 4:30.

Will, bus down, we can at least take doubles.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I always cringe when I see "bomb-omb."

My tournament appearance hinges on someone being nice to me. I can at least show up until 4:30.

Will, bus down, we can at least take doubles.
George you are a good person and a king among afros

and i love you

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Okay, guys, I'm announcing it right here. Next month, on the same day that Zero has his April tournament if he has one--otherwise April 24--there's going to be a tournament at my apartment. There won't be a $5 door fee (People will bring setups anyway, and it's hard for people riding together to bring multiple setups), the tournaments will be $10 entry fees, and there will only be Smash. Maybe TvC if people want it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think this is where the um "Salt" comes in or something lol.

Zero will listen to the players, eventually :D

reimeii

Smash Apprentice

NEEDS MOAR REIMEII (true reimeii needs to show himself moar but thats beside the point)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Okay, guys, I'm announcing it right here. Next month, on the same day that Zero has his April tournament if he has one--otherwise April 24--there's going to be a tournament at my apartment. There won't be a $5 door fee (People will bring setups anyway, and it's hard for people riding together to bring multiple setups), the tournaments will be $10 entry fees, and there will only be Smash. Maybe TvC if people want it.
yeah, we charge a doorfee, but it's only bc we're so lame...if you hadnt figured that one out yet, look at the first pg of JB--um, how many games are having? haha, and we think we can fit it all into a reasonable amount of time; and on time for that matter!

ahh, yeah...but i agree about the setups in the car. if a group of people come together and bring one setup, that group should be able to come in free. as for doorfees, since its at my place, and i see your point...so, to boost tournament turnout----

wait for it...

wait for it...

how bout no door fee at all?
and
enough flavored, sugar water for everyone.
koolaid, im talkin about koolaide.

Top Bottom