• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro knows what's up. Samus's future is on the ledge. Tell em how it is xyro
They cant handle the truth. Thier feeble minds will inplode when they witness the sheer power in Samus ledge play. Seriously, only pit/gw/meta can stop it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You just mad because you can't be summoned to any part of SWF with the mere mention of your name

Xyro <3 We should do doubles sometime somehow

Double samus we can each take a ledge and we'll be UNSTOPPABLE

Oh also yeah G&W was the character I was forgetting with god tier ledge camping ability

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
No way, pit is SO much better on stage than off stage. His ledge camping game is way worse than MK's. Actually, everyone's ledge camping game is way worse than MK's. IMO the only character that really comes close is either...Marth or ROB or...Samus? But even they have really exploitable weaknesses on the ledge

Xyro knows what's up. Samus's future is on the ledge. Tell em how it is xyro

what I don't remember that ever being possible

Watch jman vs amsah @ pound 4, he tries to straight up laser camp and gets 2 stocked for it iirc
well yeah everyones ledge camping game is way worse than MKs because i dont think anyone else is virtually invincible while planking. but i disagree that pit is better on the stage than off the stage.
i think the only character that can deal with a planking pit is metaknight,

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Janitor, I hope you do realize that there's... no evidence backing up most of the claims in your last two posts.

Where are you getting this stuff?, like "The next best planker will just become the best character if MK was banned."

Winnar

Smash Lord
Actually now that I think about it, the majority of my pit experience was when I played him in B+

If you are pit+ then you do not ever want to be around the ledge because pit has low tier recovery in b+ :(

So maybe he's a better planker in brawl, but I still feel like it shouldn't be hard to grab the ledge and wreck his jumps/up b

He just doesn't seem that hard to gimp, but I guess I'm just waiting to play a pit who will prove me wrong (or a pit at all, seriously there are like 2 left)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
when is mlg orlando? april 17? neone wanta go, if we can get some people together, the cost of the trip MIGHT be affordable.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<

April 17th, deadline for discounted hotel is Friday I believe. It isn't very likely that I would be able to go.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Janitor, I hope you do realize that there's... no evidence backing up most of the claims in your last two posts.

Where are you getting this stuff?, like "The next best planker will just become the best character if MK was banned."
because planking is the safest option the game. stalling the match is the safest way to play. so logical the character that is the best at that will be the best character.

the only reason the plankers aren't all top tier now is because planking is banned in most tournaments

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Actually now that I think about it, the majority of my pit experience was when I played him in B+

If you are pit+ then you do not ever want to be around the ledge because pit has low tier recovery in b+ :(

So maybe he's a better planker in brawl, but I still feel like it shouldn't be hard to grab the ledge and wreck his jumps/up b

He just doesn't seem that hard to gimp, but I guess I'm just waiting to play a pit who will prove me wrong (or a pit at all, seriously there are like 2 left)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrH_24U2R0
this guy has the right idea, but he was too aggressive at times and honestly could have easily won this match he ledge stalled the whole time
you notice that whenever pit got on the stage he started getting wrecked. this is mainly because allys a way smarter player but it was still a close match because pit controlled the ledge and was hard to deal with

as i said, pits ledge game is not nearly as good at metaknights, but most characters still cant deal with it if the pit knows what hes doing

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i really don't like the ledge grab rule, but i can't really think of a proper way to enforce a ban on stalling the match, besides having referees at each match or something which is impractical.

but a ban on stalling the match is necessary or else brawl (and smash in general) is not competitive.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I didn't quite understand this.
if we don't ban stalling. the optimal way to play will be to pick MK and stall on opposite ends of the stage. that will dismantle the entire competitive aspect of the game.
if we don't ban stalling but ban MK. it will STILL be optimal to pick a character with a good ledge game and stall on one end of the map. I don't know who the 'second best planker' is but take someone like pit, who's pretty good at it. in the video i posted, ally was able to get pit on the stage because he's a smart player. BUT it STILL would have been MORE OPTIMAL for him to just pick Pit (or MK, im speaking in a MK banned scenario right now) and camp the other end of the stage.

from MLG's perspective, I am under the impression that they want their titles to be fun for the spectator as well as the player. If they don't ban planking, and people get on the MLG livestream and do **** like this. they're going to drop brawl in a frikkin HEARTBEAT. From that perspective, I don't mind a strict ledge grab rule. MLG Brawl NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT than current competitive Brawl if it is to survive on MLG. I mean, maybe you don't care whether brawl survives in MLG, but I think it might be kind of cool. and I honestly don't mind keeping people from NOT FIGHTING their opponent.

Winnar

Smash Lord
because planking is the safest option the game. stalling the match is the safest way to play. so logical the character that is the best at that will be the best character.

the only reason the plankers aren't all top tier now is because planking is banned in most tournaments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrH_24U2R0
this guy has the right idea, but he was too aggressive at times and honestly could have easily won this match he ledge stalled the whole time
you notice that whenever pit got on the stage he started getting wrecked. this is mainly because allys a way smarter player but it was still a close match because pit controlled the ledge and was hard to deal with

as i said, pits ledge game is not nearly as good at metaknights, but most characters still cant deal with it if the pit knows what hes doing
i really don't like the ledge grab rule, but i can't really think of a proper way to enforce a ban on stalling the match, besides having referees at each match or something which is impractical.

but a ban on stalling the match is necessary or else brawl (and smash in general) is not competitive.
if we don't ban stalling. the optimal way to play will be to pick MK and stall on opposite ends of the stage. that will dismantle the entire competitive aspect of the game.
if we don't ban stalling but ban MK. it will STILL be optimal to pick a character with a good ledge game and stall on one end of the map. I don't know who the 'second best planker' is but take someone like pit, who's pretty good at it. in the video i posted, ally was able to get pit on the stage because he's a smart player. BUT it STILL would have been MORE OPTIMAL for him to just pick Pit (or MK, im speaking in a MK banned scenario right now) and camp the other end of the stage.

from MLG's perspective, I am under the impression that they want their titles to be fun for the spectator as well as the player. If they don't ban planking, and people get on the MLG livestream and do **** like this. they're going to drop brawl in a frikkin HEARTBEAT. From that perspective, I don't mind a strict ledge grab rule. MLG Brawl NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT than current competitive Brawl if it is to survive on MLG. I mean, maybe you don't care whether brawl survives in MLG, but I think it might be kind of cool. and I honestly don't mind keeping people from NOT FIGHTING their opponent.
The Janitor Combo

-Chad-

Slackerator
Rice beat me that set (and that match I think?)

Man I bet this happens all the time or something. It must if you can find a couple videos.

I challenge you to find more melee matches than brawl that go past the 5 minute mark.

-Chad-

Slackerator
One of 2 matches I've ever seen time out in Melee.

At like my first brawl tournament I timed out a match with Nite. And I wasn't even really trying to :x

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i kind of think it would be cool to be pro at a game where all anyone does is plank.

that would be like... kind of funny.

i would love to show up to national events with mvc2 and all that competitive stuff, idk names and ****, and just have everyone in brawl plank all day.

brawl is a troll of a game.

i like trolls.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one can plank like Meta Knight.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267257

Frame 3 U-Air with so little cooldown, a pseudospiking D-Air, a million different recovery options...

I can stop Pit and G&W without much trouble. MK is just ridiculous.
The hitbox comes out on frame 2...

Frame breakdown:
1 startup
2-3 hitbox out
4-13 aerial cooldown

Just sayin.

Will respond to Janitor's posts... tomorrow, I guess.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
no, thats basically what it comes down to.
i, for one, am 100% sure i could beat serin if i got to practice as much as him.
bht he is 12 and doesnt have responsibilities and has a good wifi connection.
i dont have wifi. in any location where i live anymore.

its so hard to practice smash as much as i want.
i dont want to drive to vestavia every day.
i cant afford that.
i just want my ****ing wifi back because that is how i was improving. i was getting to play everyday.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Rice beat me that set (and that match I think?)

Man I bet this happens all the time or something. It must if you can find a couple videos.

I challenge you to find more melee matches than brawl that go past the 5 minute mark.
my entire point is that melee players are less gay than brawl players

BUT THAT ITS POSSIBLE TO BE GAY IN MELEE. and that if melee players were on the same. i dont care if i lose friends as long as i make money **** that brawl players are on, the game could be just as ********.

which is something people dont seem to realize

its not the GAME. its the players/community

it doesn't happen often in melee because melee players are (generally) not buttlickers

but its without a doubt optimal in melee to not approach your opponent. melee just had a community thats more about entertainment and doing cool stuff than about winning that match at all costs

Top Bottom