• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
If you guys didn't know, DKC2 has a Remix out. Pretty cool, and free.

I might come to Jason's, I'm debating on playing brawl and sf4 or one or the other. Maybe even Blaz, though I haven't played in a while.

j00t

Smash Champion
http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think I'm just going to AR this weekend. Plans seem easier to make. >_>

Still not 100% decided.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
"If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out."

I'm speechless.

j00t

Smash Champion
"If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out."

wow...
Emphasis on this? :p

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't imagine that happening very often, as the incentive to play on the ledge has pretty much been erased. This sucks balls for Pit, R.O.B., Samus, GnW, and MK players.

j00t

Smash Champion
Or both players can exceed the limit. It'll be a war of scoring 2 extra percent on your opponent :p

but nah hopefully this rule will make players actually play the game

can someone link me to this Aion site? I'm out of games to play again (Chad we need to do borderlands soon)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Plus I remember hearing recently that from now on the ledge grab limit applies to Metaknight in the official ruleset anyway.

Hurray, no more invinciplanking.

The stagelist does need a bit of tweaking. It isn't something that the SBR can't talk them into though. ;D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
DanGR what rule do you propose to prevent people from ledge stalling?
Or do you find stalling matches to be an acceptable strategy?

The only thing that is keeping competitive Smash (in all three forms) from being a dumb, unplayable, snoozefest has been A. a competitive-minded community, and B. a ban on stalling. its never been as huge a problem as it is now, because the brawl community is gay, but i wont get into that.

the optimal way to play in Brawl without a ban on stalling in some way to both pick metaknight and stall on opposite ends of the stage for the entire match. That denotes a non-competitive game. Banning stalling is the only way that this game can be continue to be played, much less in MLG, where things are intended to be entertaining.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah i grinded for like an hour and got to lvl 15, granted im playing on a private server, so the xp and **** could be all bugged out

but playing this way makes you get way behind on your armor and stuffs

but you get a ton of xp from quests, so i dunno.

but right now i'm just playing it like its a beat-em-up lol the visuals and skills you learn are cool enough to do that. unlike wow where every move looks the same.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

The only thing that is keeping competitive Smash (in all three forms) from being a dumb, unplayable, snoozefest has been A. a competitive-minded community, and B. a ban on stalling. its never been as huge a problem as it is now, because the brawl community is gay, but i wont get into that.

the optimal way to play in Brawl without a ban on stalling in some way to both pick metaknight and stall on opposite ends of the stage for the entire match. That denotes a non-competitive game. Banning stalling is the only way that this game can be continue to be played, much less in MLG, where things are intended to be entertaining.
this.

like, when was the last time you heard anyone stalling a melee match?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude

i am digging metaknight while im high!

if i go mk against you that means im high, man.

this is ****ing cool.
i probably am still not good but i can dig the way he flows.
its like jiggs kind of.
i dont know why i never figured that out before.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Hello, im new to the boards and just wanted to say hey to you alabama brawlers.
well, hope you enjoy the boards...hve you done the meet and greet?
also, check out tournament listings--zero_gamer is hosting an all out wh*re of a tournament called jungle beatdown in vestavia(near b'ham), mar 27.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Guess who just played online with George and Nu?

Guess who's brawl disc is super ****ed up?

Guess who just got a new FC?

Guess who's coming to Zero's on saturday?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You

Not You

You

You?

xD if you're really going on Saturday, that would make our day. Elev8 would be happy too, I mean now he was one more person to play against that he wouldn't mind playing lul.

j00t

Smash Champion
I would love to come down this Saturday and meet some new folks... not sure if I can come though. I have another program due next Monday. *sigh*

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Kola you were wrong. It was

You

You

You

Not you

I now have a new wifi FC. If anyone is still interested, I'm going back to AiB to wifail there some and i want a dubs partner.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. I don't consider ledge play to be "stalling" under the BBR's current definition of the word, which isn't very clear in the first place, nor do I think it would be considered "stalling" if they were to clear it up a bit.

2. I do think Meta Knight's ledge play molds the game into something that won't survive at a competitive level. I don't think there's enough justification to ban it as opposed to banning Meta Knight. (Please note the bolded word.)

I disagree.

the optimal way to play in Brawl without a ban on stalling in some way to both pick metaknight and stall on opposite ends of the stage for the entire match. That denotes a non-competitive game.
I agree... with the premise of that...

I don't think Brawl would Banning stalling is the only way that this game can be continue to be played, much less in MLG, where things are intended to be entertaining.
I didn't quite understand this.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the optimal play with Pit is stalling the ledge as well. and never leaving it. if mk is banned, then the next best planker will just stall the ledge the whole match and become top tier.

@ mc killa, that's simply bc the melee community is filled with less douchebags. melee is easily exploited, and was beginning to turn into a stall-fest before brawl came out, the game could have easily turned into a pick fox run away and shoot lasers the whole match but it was a diff. community

Winnar

Smash Lord
the optimal play with Pit is stalling the ledge as well. and never leaving it. if mk is banned, then the next best planker will just stall the ledge the whole match and become top tier.
No way, pit is SO much better on stage than off stage. His ledge camping game is way worse than MK's. Actually, everyone's ledge camping game is way worse than MK's. IMO the only character that really comes close is either...Marth or ROB or...Samus? But even they have really exploitable weaknesses on the ledge

Xyro knows what's up. Samus's future is on the ledge. Tell em how it is xyro

@ mc killa, that's simply bc the melee community is filled with less douchebags. melee is easily exploited, and was beginning to turn into a stall-fest before brawl came out, the game could have easily turned into a pick fox run away and shoot lasers the whole match but it was a diff. community
what I don't remember that ever being possible

Watch jman vs amsah @ pound 4, he tries to straight up laser camp and gets 2 stocked for it iirc

Top Bottom