• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
**** you for making me look up the Godzilla wiki for a witty retort. You win this round.
Man I thought that stuff was common knowledge.

What kind of Godzilla fan are you?

A bad one.

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
What's with the multiple pages of bickering? I stopped reading after the second or third time I saw that both Janitor AND SleepyK like to post page long posts (kind of redundant?) about how people argue. Not helping the cause guys haha

j00t

Smash Champion
What's with the multiple pages of bickering? I stopped reading after the second or third time I saw that both Janitor AND SleepyK like to post page long posts (kind of redundant?) about how people argue. Not helping the cause guys haha
Lloyd sucks ****.

*starts flame war*

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
nothing defeats the original!

@eagletrent well he wanted a debate. *shrug* my b. there wasn't any flaming this time though.

oh also billy, while we may have a high body count at the auburn tournament, don't forget that if only half enters brawl and half enters melee the turnout isn't as large as it seems it should be.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Looks like someone had beef with Janitor again lol

Hey dudes, you should try playing Brawl Fox, he's actually pretty fun. I see why Moogle uses him.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
there is never flaming in debates.
unless i get involved.
no one else here really flames.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
skies of arcadia was also a good game
grandia 2 is also very good. **** i need to start playing that again

have any of you played a game called Timestalkers for the dream cast

terrible game

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I didn't care much for Assasins creed 2, but most of my friends loved it. So I dunno what to say about it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
by the way i didn't call YOU anything
and none of my posts about the ness thing were in response to anything YOU said.
they just happened to be about the same topic
and im pretty sure I've said this already.
so methinks you are the one who doesn't read posts.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9277769&postcount=18841

that was my first post about ness.
and im pretty sure you didn't even post anything in this thread before I posted it. besides a link to the ness boards.
a lot of other people posted stuff and thats what i was responding to. and

which refers directly to a post by DanGR, not anything you said.

im guess no one read that part though.

also, im not sure there was one time during that whole ness debate where you responded to me with an actual point. So its not fair to say "thats when you stopped having discussions with me" because in actuality, you never did.
I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything worth responding to?

Looking at that almost every bit of it is completely unrelated to everything I had opened to discussion.

Your main point is that brawl players in general jump to ban things too often, which is a legitimate point.

What is NOT legitimate is when you take that and sprinkle it with insults, implying heavily that anyone who has ever thought or argued for banning anything is stupid as hell.

You came into a discussion I had personally started, created a stereotype of people who talk about banning things (of which I would fall into), and then proceeded to express your low opinion of anyone who you've stereotyped.

How can you POSSIBLY construe that as anything other than an attack on me?

until very recently, I've never called anyone by name or referred to any specific group except a generalization of the community. thats why I don't appreciate it when people say YOU SIR ARE A TROLL. YOU SIR ARE STUPID. ETC. Like, I didn't say anything about you personally, why are you getting offended and calling me names? the reason i dont call anyone names is because I don't have anything against anyone.
imagine if I said something like, "I love you all". and then sleepyk himself comes up to me and says, "aw really thats sweet lets go out sometime?"
That doesn't make anysense, but thats basically what has been happening except in a negative way.

getting offended because I say the game you play is dumb is even more ridiculous to me (esp. considering that you all are aware that I play and love all of these games), its just a game if you like it play it who cares what I think about it?

it seems pretty clear to me that melee and brawl have basically equal amount of dumb stuff in them, and melee players seem to think its so obviously false that they dont bother arguing or responding to arguments. The reason arguments are never civil is because people get butthurt really easily over things that werent even directed at them and at the point resort to flaming and being childish

i've never flamed anyone honestly. its surprising that you would accuse me of that. calling someone a scrub is not an insult, its a statement. I'm a scrub at Street Fighter, for example. its a fact. Im a scrub at tennis. I don't think I've ever, once, seriously insulted anyone here. ever. in the four years i've been a member of this board

This passive aggressive bull**** is annoying the **** out of me.

You act like you can just pass off these random, stupid quips at people as innocent generalized arguments. You sincerely believe you've never done anything to deserve any of this and that is so ****ing annoying to talk to. You're always innocent, nothing you ever say could ever be construed as a direct attack on either an individual or a group of individuals.

News flash: You attack a group, you attack each individual in it.

obviously.
I just d idn't think I would have to sugar coat everything I say around here.

In my experience, this is the general response I get from melee players. perhaps my experience is different than others, but thats is what happens most of the time to me and to people that I have noticed. I am not insulting anyone I am stating my experience. in my experience, the intolerance and immaturity of certain melee players are the reason why there has never been a civil melee vs brawl debate. which i find to be a shame. obviously there are also dumb brawl players who ruin threads, but honest to god in my experience its usually the melee people.

but this goes back to what i've been saying. if you are not one of those dumb melee people there would be no reason for you get offended at that. (i guess if you are one of those people, though, there still wouldn't be much reason to get offended, because it would be true)

No, people are directly stating my name and insulting me and accusing me personally of things. thats not what I've done to ANYONE ever.

If I don't directly say anything about you, its not my fault if you get offended, that's more on your end than mine. if I say, 'i hate brussel sprouts'. and you get offended at me because you like brussel sprouts, how is that my fault? because if i had something to say about a specific person I would say it. If I didn't say anything about you, it makes no sense to get offended at the thing said because obv it wasn't directed at you or i would have said your name.
I already addressed this up there but holy **** you are really persistent in your attempts to dodge blame

Edit - Oh and BY THE WAY I'd just like to point out that neither jwt nor I had actually said anything about you or insulted you
(at least by your logic)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Assassins Creed 2 does expand on the first one by making it overall more fun to play, but once you get through the game there really isn't much else to do, although I did enjoy the run through I did of it.

MAss effect 2....is ****ing amazing though

-Biglou

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm considering getting ME2, but I just got done with Dragon Age and the bugs in that game are keeping me from getting it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Assassins Creed 2 does expand on the first one by making it overall more fun to play, but once you get through the game there really isn't much else to do, although I did enjoy the run through I did of it.

MAss effect 2....is ****ing amazing though

-Biglou
Heh. I read this and thought "Since when does BBQ play video games"

Got my hopes up for nothing.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm considering getting ME2, but I just got done with Dragon Age and the bugs in that game are keeping me from getting it.
Never played dragon age, kind of wanted to but I have other games I would rather get.

Also Me2 improves on Me1 in every way.

Top Bottom