• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's great arguing with someone who presents an opinion without any points.

SleepyK

theONEjanitor said:
I see that you understand what its like to talk to JWT and Winnar.
yeah, they throw out insults when i ask for them to back up their arguments also and avoid answering.

SleepyK

it's also what you're doing right now, so you'd be... in the same boat with them?

awwww right

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
it's great arguing with someone who presents an opinion without any points.
I'd be glad to discuss anything with you, SleepyK, though. You're actually civil and mature.

And to be honest, what I said was "both games are dumb, and one has a dumber community"

both things i have made millions of posts about before. one of them being directly preceding JWT and winnars onslaught of childishness.

In all honesty, saying that I post opinions and no points to back them up is kind of the opposite of what I do on this board. Im pretty sure i'm one of the only people in this thread that EVER backs up his opinions with anything besides 4chan memes.

but to you guys, if you disagree with something, apparently thats the same as that person trolling.

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol dude I just look for excuses to post pictures

also I stopped ever trying to have a real discussion around the point where you took an entire discussion I had on the ness boards and obviously without reading any of it you basically called me a scrub who is just looking to ban anything that I don't like

so now you know what I don't appreciate

uninformed, rude, personal accusations with no virtually basis in reality

You keep acting like you're the only rational man on smashboards and the only reason nobody ever tries to discuss things with you is because your arguments are too good or something. Let me give you a reality check. They aren't. That isn't the case at all. Nobody wants to talk to you seriously because you have shown multiple times that you could give a **** about other people's opinions.

It's the exact opposite of what you think it is. Every time you say something about smash or fighting games in general it is almost always trying to refute a basic gaming foundation. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel into a square, you're not going to prove that footstool infinites are harder to perform than waveshines or drillshines ever. And even if you do it will only be to yourself, because virtually every person who has ever played melee knows that drillshines take way more precision inputs and careful timing than footstool infinites. That is extremely basic knowledge to every person who has ever played both games, yet that is exactly the kind of thing you try to seriously refute. Basic truths that almost require no thought to prove, but you seem to think they're incorrect. Nobody wants to sit down and explain to you why 2 and 2 is 4 if you're in calculus, it should be obvious at this point.

j00t

Smash Champion
Darn, I guess I'm not allowed to have fun in a thread as serious as this one.

Alright, fine. I'll debunk your argument right now.

yeah, and this requires you to be fighting Diddy Kong, and gaining control of one of his bananas, and footstooling him. which probably (certainly) occurs less often than people playing on PS in mlee and gettin you on the wall
The problem with your argument is that the Fox drillshine "infinite" IS ESCAPABLE. This ******ry by Metaknight, from the looks of it, IS NOT ESCAPABLE. You can SDI Fox's drill to the right and escape after he shines you. From what I understand, you can't SDI a banana hit or tech on the ground with it. If I'm wrong, please tell me. I don't keep up with Brawl so I wouldn't know.

Secondly, the Fox "infinite" can only be done on one stage, and it isn't even a neutral stage anymore. From what I understand, this Metaknight ******ry can be done on any flat-surface stage with enough size to contain the infinite (which in this case, is atleast three off the top of my head that are neutrals). Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville.

The difference in the amount of stages on which you can perform "Meta****** infinite" from the drillshine "infinite" alone makes the "Meta****** infinite" much easier to do.

SleepyK

I'd be glad to discuss anything with you, SleepyK, though. You're actually civil and mature.

And to be honest, what I said was "both games are dumb, and one has a dumber community"

both things i have made millions of posts about before. one of them being directly preceding JWT and winnars onslaught of childishness.

In all honesty, saying that I post opinions and no points to back them up is kind of the opposite of what I do on this board. Im pretty sure i'm one of the only people in this thread that EVER backs up his opinions with anything besides 4chan memes.

but to you guys, if you disagree with something, apparently thats the same as that person trolling.
i'm actually not civil or mature. you can check my earlier posts in this thread.

i understand i'm a semiregular poster, but if a debate is to be held then it's still nice to present your side.
tbh i think it'll probably just end up with people pushing around opinions and end up with everybody angry, so there's no real point. al thread sees enough arguing.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
are we actually arguing about EXTREMELY SITUATIONAL infinites?

janitor, i feel like i back up my points too.
but i fail to use proper grammar so i am the local ****** in the AL thread.
get use to it.
it's about how you post
not what you say.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Darn, I guess I'm not allowed to have fun in a thread as serious as this one.

Alright, fine. I'll debunk your argument right now.

The problem with your argument is that the Fox drillshine "infinite" IS ESCAPABLE. This ******ry by Metaknight, from the looks of it, IS NOT ESCAPABLE. You can SDI Fox's drill to the right and escape after he shines you. From what I understand, you can't SDI a banana hit or tech on the ground with it. If I'm wrong, please tell me. I don't keep up with Brawl so I wouldn't know.

Secondly, the Fox "infinite" can only be done on one stage, and it isn't even a neutral stage anymore. From what I understand, this Metaknight ******ry can be done on any flat-surface stage with enough size to contain the infinite (which in this case, is atleast three off the top of my head that are neutrals). Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville.

The difference in the amount of stages on which you can perform "Meta****** infinite" from the drillshine "infinite" alone makes the "Meta****** infinite" much easier to do.
waveshine infinite against a wall is not escapable.. you dont have to drill to start or maintain a shine infinite. unless i'm mistaken. but i've seen this done plenty of times on professional players

the fact that you have to be fighting one of 39 characters in the game alone makes it unbelievable to think that something like this will occur more than waveshine infinites.

and people have been coming up with footstool infinites for months now. and i have yet to see a single match where someone utilized one of them in a match (except IC's related infinites [IC infinites are also in melee, btw])...MUCH less one that REQUIRES you to be fighting one of thirty nine characters in a game, and that can only be done by a few characters. not to mention footstools occur less than once per match. but i guess people don't usually go for them. but there are very very few instances where a footstool is an applicable option. and most of those are edgeguarding situations. sheik has infinites that she can do on all characters, and still no one has done them in a match, as far as I've heard

i have however seen more videos than i can count of people be getting waveshine infinited

and by "easier to do" i am talking about the technical skill and timing required to keep the infinite going. waveshine infinite basically requires you to train your fingers to do the samething over and over really fast.

this banana lock requires you to either precisely determine what part of the hurtbox to throw the banana at so that it bounces the right way each time, or to follow the banana based purely on reaction, and grab it at the right time, and land the footstoll at the right time. and anyone who has attempted any of these footstool infinites knows that it takes as much practice to keep most of them going as it does to waveshine infinite.

j00t

Smash Champion
are we actually arguing about EXTREMELY SITUATIONAL infinites?

janitor, i feel like i back up my points too.
but i fail to use proper grammar so i am the local ****** in the AL thread.
get use to it.
it's about how you post
not what you say.
Is the Meta****** infinite really "extremely situational"? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know because I don't play Brawl. I can form an opinion that Diddy Kong can use his own bananas and infinite the entire cast with this technique. But I don't know how high his footstool propels him into the air.

And Slam, we love you as the local ******. <3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and having fun is fine

but having fun at someone else's expense when they are trying to have a serious discussion is being a ****

and maybe you don't care about being a ****

but i dont appreciate it, really

and maybe you don't care

and theres nothing i can do about that, i guess

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ALSO ALSO
i find it AWESOME that i get infracted everytime i state my opinion in a strong matter, when instead i could have been passivley posting 4chan pics for 2 pages and trolling my *** off and i could have not recieved anything.

i need to learn how to talk on the internet.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I don't understand what was going on!

All I wanted to do was point out that it is the nature of a hater to hate!

Oh my God I what have I been a party to.

This is like the holocaust but worse.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
amd honestly i ahve no idea whether its extremely situational or not. i cant really tell because i dont pla diddy, but it seems easily avoidable to keep mk from being directly on top ofyou.
idk man,
i have no idea.
i just assume it is.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and that's just one example

both games are full of dumb, broken ****

brawl just has a community that is more focused on exploiting this dumb, broken ****.
and melee is just a generally less scrubby community.

upthrow to rest killing fox at 30% and still getting combo'd if you DI...is ****ing broken. but the community understands that its a part of the game and decided to focus on developing strategies and ways to avoid it

thats just a difference in community. not in 'dumbness of the game'. they're both dumb

j00t

Smash Champion
waveshine infinite against a wall is not escapable.. you dont have to drill to start or maintain a shine infinite. unless i'm mistaken. but i've seen this done plenty of times on professional players

It is escapable, Andy has SDI'd my drillshine "infinites" before on the branch of the tree in the fire level. It's just that players back in '07 didn't have the technical ability to SDI multiple hits of the drill. If done right it is very possible to escape.

the fact that you have to be fighting one of 39 characters in the game alone makes it unbelievable to think that something like this will occur more than waveshine infinites.

and people have been coming up with footstool infinites for months now. and i have yet to see a single match where someone utilized one of them in a match (except IC's related infinites [IC infinites are also in melee, btw])...MUCH less one that REQUIRES you to be fighting one of thirty nine characters in a game, and that can only be done by a few characters. sheik has infinites that she can do on all characters, and still no one has done them in a match, as far as I've heard

How many of those footstool infinites actually do damage to the opponent? The point of an infinite is to eventually kill the opponent. Once again, I don't know how many do or don't, I'm just curious. Otherwise, no real argument here.

i have however seen more videos than i can count of people be getting waveshine infinited

I'll assume that they weren't videos of professional Melee players who knew how to SDI, because I surely haven't seen any tournament matches of this happening.

and by "easier to do" i am talking about the technical skill and timing required to keep the infinite going. waveshine infinite basically requires you to train your fingers to do the samething over and over really fast.

this banana lock requires you to either precisely determine what part of the hurtbox to throw the banana at so that it bounces the right way each time, or to follow the banana based purely on reaction, and grab it at the right time, and land the footstoll at the right time. and anyone who has attempted any of these footstool infinites knows that it takes as much practice to keep most of them going as it does to waveshine infinite.

The skills required to do both infinites are pretty much the same (Which is what you said, but... it seemed to me like these two paragraphs are supposed to contradict each other in terms of what is needed to perform them, but they don't.) Timing, reaction, and technical ability.
Responses in bold.

My main argument for why the Meta****** infinite is worse than the drillshine "infinite" is because the Meta****** infinite is truly infinite.

"Brawl just has a community that is more focused on exploiting this dumb, broken ****." ...What?

Every fighting community focuses on these. People will use broken **** to win tournaments, that's basic knowledge. The only true infinite I can think of in Melee that isn't banned is the ICs grab infinite. And one variation of that (wobbling) is banned in most tournaments. There are just simply more infinites to abuse in Brawl, so that is why people keep on using them.

j00t

Smash Champion
Footstool infinites never happen.

EVER.

.... Unless Peach Grab-Releases Wario or something

If you want some REAL infinite action, play me in MvC2
I could argue that drillshine "infinites" never happen either, but that doesn't change the fact that they are ****** ****.

And MvC2... meh. I just don't like that game, so no I won't play you.

Hurry up on your epic story ****it. :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
Now if you ever say I didn't try to talk to you seriously you will know that you are a liar

You ignore everything I say, yet you get upset when I do it to you? Yeah okay congrats on being a gr9 poster

P.S. Slam you're cool stop putting yourself down

SleepyK

I don't understand what was going on!

All I wanted to do was point out that it is the nature of a hater to hate!

Oh my God I what have I been a party to.

This is like the holocaust but worse.
this needs to be a picture thing

joot, he means waveshine infinite.

and that's just one example

both games are full of dumb, broken ****

brawl just has a community that is more focused on exploiting this dumb, broken ****.
and melee is just a generally less scrubby community.

upthrow to rest killing fox at 30% and still getting combo'd if you DI...is ****ing broken. but the community understands that its a part of the game and decided to focus on developing strategies and ways to avoid it

thats just a difference in community. not in 'dumbness of the game'. they're both dumb
while we all know smash is a broken game, generally we don't try to tell other people that the game sucks... while complaining about the game.

most of the competitive games are broken, tbh.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think everything is fine.

I think everything is fun.

I love you all.

btw, I'm having writer's block. I have the ideas, I just need to find the proper way to establish an interesting imagery for the more crucial parts of the story.

j00t

Smash Champion
joot, he means waveshine infinite.
Well **** I feel like an idiot.

Yeah that's an infinite. LOL

/thread

See, I haven't played Fox in so long that I forgot that you could just waveshine w/o the drill. ...That's a lame excuse.

Uhmm..... >_< Sorry T1J? >^..^<

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I was reading this thread a little while ago, thinking why we were still in the Gentleman's Club.

Then I got to the pictures, and remembered why.

Then I got to the arguments, and remembered why.

Then I remembered I saw this the other day.

(not to imply anything bad about all that)

Top Bottom